Is it just me, or is fastfood kind of expensive? I don't understand how so many fatties can use the "it's cheap...

Is it just me, or is fastfood kind of expensive? I don't understand how so many fatties can use the "it's cheap, healthy food is expensive" excuse when fresh produce is so much fucking cheaper.

"Cheap" also means "easy", "expensive" also means "labor-intensive".

That is, it's more time and effort to make something good yourself compared to buying something from a restaurant.

But there's so much easy shit you can make at home that wont make you fat that take about the same time as instant meals. I don't know why so many people go along with fat people and their bullshit.

A lot of people rationalise staying in their comfort zone, even when that zone is depressing and unhealthy in the long term.

Imagine that. When you don't pay for the labor involved in taking the order of, preparing of, and serving of food, the price goes down! Who would have thought?!!!

Neck yourself OP, you fucking pathetic retarded excuse for a human being.

Fuck you.

Cheaper than ever broseph

4 dollar meal deals are everywhere

Yeah it's mostly laziness. It's not cheap at all, unless you just order off the dollar menu. But those options are so small and not filling that it doesn't explain how these people get so fat. In reality they are buying the "combo" or "meal" possibly with a dessert too, plus tax, which can run you upwards of 10$ or more. You could take that money and buy a pound of hamburger meat, buns, a 2 liter, and a couple potatoes and have that same meal 3 or 4 times over.

Looks like I hit a nerve.

Cooking takes time. Time I could be using to do something else.

oy vey look at mr soros here. I keep eating 1 mcgangbang to save money

You can build you own house, or pay for someone do it faster, not necessarily better.

I'm always surprised by the price of the meal combos. Seems like pretty much any meal is guaranteed to be $5+. Getting stuff off the dollar/value menu is the way to go. Easy to get 1,000+ calories for

>kind of expensive

Not only is it expensive, it has no nutritional value other than calories from fat and sugar. Couple that with the fact that every order is accompanied by a large HFCS soda, and you have the recipe for unmitigated disaster. Hence the abnormally high diabetes rate in the US. Hence the fattest nation ever to have existed on the face of the planet.

Paradoxically, we have the widest access to healthy food ever known by a society, yet we choose garbage. Why? Part of it is a spoiled laziness on the part of the individual, but additionally blame has to be laid at the feet of the corporate marketers who have so infiltrated the minds of youth that an impenetrable wall now exists in their minds.

Fast food is very expensive compared to cooking food yourself, but cooking something decent requires an hour or more most of the time.

>cooking something decent requires an hour or more most of the time

disagree

please, i can whip up a peanut butter and jelly in seconds

>Not only is it expensive, it has no nutritional value other than calories from fat and sugar

protein too

>...who have so infiltrated the minds of youth that an impenetrable wall now exists in their minds

this sentence doesn't make sense. your writing comes off as a bit too flowery in general. I would tone it down a bit, or at least be sure you're making sense.

Fast food is very expensive. As a consumer, you really should be looking at the macronutrient profile of your food to determine the true value of it. Everyone knows that protein is the most expensive ingredient (exponentially which is then followed by fat/carbs). In fact, protein is so expensive that fast food products have resorted to inflating the protein content by using everything BUT animal-based products. This is why you have 5g of protein in the McChicken bun alone or why there is soy-bean protein added to everything.

If you start paying attention to these things, you will realize just how disgusting and poor value a lot of fast food foods are. I think beef-based fast food products are likely to be the least adulterated and offer the best value (especially if they have added cheese) but I wouldn't trust anything from a franchise to be a quality source of protein. The amino acid profile of these meme protein sources are completely different from true animal-based proteins.

Your best bet is to probably order from a local street corner diner/joint where they haven't milked every last cent worth of efficiency out of their ingredients. Even then, you're looking at well over $8 for a decent burger.

At this point you could have just bought a pound of ground beef for $3, eight seeded buns for $1.50, mustard and ketchup for $2, and even some vegetables to fry in the leftover fat. That is 80g of quality dead animal protein. Much better than the 52g of meme protein you would get from two big macs for the same price.

They actually don't grocery shop

>Fast food is very expensive. As a consumer, you really should be looking at the macronutrient profile of your food

>tfw user thinks consumers actually think about their purchases

Here's the thing about me. I don't like getting fucked. I don't care about paying a premium for the convenience or the stigma of not being able to cook. But I'm not going to sit there and get fucked in the ass and eat some mutant "chicken sandwich" that will do absolutely nothing favorable for my body. who in their right mind would eat a fat/carb only meal all day every day?

What's difficult about that sentence? Corporate marketing, starting with kid's meals and progressing to the level of tracking apps for smartphones with coupons, has turned these kids into walking zombies who cannot think about food outside of a superficially formed corporate framework. One quick perusal of this board confirms the truth of it.

Don't like the language? State it more concretely, then. The truth of it is undeniable.

No.
>Buy fast cooking oats
>Mix water in with it
>Microwave
>Put a banana in it
There you go, 2min breakfast that tastes good and wont make you fat.
>Put vegetables in bowl with plastic over it
>Microwave
There you go, a nice side dish.

Most of these fatties, I find, need to have meat with ever meal and think eating vegetables is "effeminate", so here's another.
>Buy meat
>Put in slow cooker before bed
>Next day you have nice meat

Fat people are so fucking stupid it's unreal. I'm poor and lazy and I can think of so much shit I can eat that wont make me fat. Aside from that, I can get a meal from a real restaurant for 10$ and have no clue why the fuck anyone would pick McDonald's over ordering restaurant food to-go. I think that fat people are either really dumb or have shit taste in food. (Or maybe both)

not him but the idea of a single force simultaneously "infiltrating" and creating "an impenetrable wall" comes off as contradictory.

>itt people who only buy the value meal combos w/ their overly expensive sugar water
Actually if you buy from their dollar menus it's pretty cheap. Mcdick's mcdoubles and mcchickens have a lot of protein for only costing a bit over a dollar. And they're relatively tasty.
However, if someone wants fries and soda that's where the expense comes in.

>This McSoy has a lot of protein
Lmao

>microwaved oats + banana
>microwaved vegetables
>good
>buy meat
>prepare meat
>prepare vegetables
>buy slow cooker
>slow cook
>get it out of the cooker
>onto plates
>now I gotta clean all of this shit

how is this in any fucking way less complicated than driving up a McDrive, specially when they're placed every-fucking-where? I can def understand people not wanting to cook because it is a hassle.

If that time is Veeky Forums you should reconsider your life choices

"It taste good" is the only justification, so basically fatties gonna fatty.

I love when people say they don't have the time to do X, meanwhile they spend 2+ hours a day on Veeky Forums.

Can't exercise, cook, eat healthy, apply for more jobs, study harder, improve hygiene, learn a new language, pick up a new hobby, etc, but they can rot on Veeky Forums every night.

I feel bad for the younger crowd who is doing this and don't realize they are throwing away their youth for ephemeral glib postings with strangers. How many hours do some of them spend here cumulatively, thousands every year? Pathetic.

It can be real expensive. Only go once in a while. If you want the good sandwich though. 12$

our you can get

3 huge bowls of spaghetti
16 microwave burritos
3 bags of potatoes

it's really crazy.

A hassle ? Come on. I cook for 3 basically every day and it never takes more than an hour total, during which I can mostly fuck off and do something else. You used McD's as an example, but making a good burger takes little to no skill, time, or effort.
Casseroles and stews are examples of low-maintenance food. Just dump everything in your pan and wait.
Basic cooking is fucking easy and if you're not a single mom/dad/working 2 jobs you have no excuse for such behavior.

Not that guy, but cooking for 3 is a totally different value proposition than cooking for one.

Cooking for one is something you do for fun, there is no efficiency there, the time doesn't make up for the cost. You can do it to live frugally but your eating experience will suck, or you can do it to eat well but it will be a huge waste of time and money.

There's a reason "bachelor slop" is a term, and it's not because a piece of paper that says you're married magically makes you a better cook.

>making a good burger takes little to no skill, time, or effort.
at least 20 min for cooking + prep if you want something good (cooking bacon, getting patties done, grilling bread, having cheese melted on top of patties, cutting tomatoes, cleaning a bit of salad). And afterwards you have to clean all of that shit. STILL easier to drive to McDonalds to get a burger there.

the big breakfast is 4$ which isn't to bad.

you get bacon,eggs sausage our pancakes our something I don't remember.