What's on your reading queue? pic related is mine...

what's on your reading queue? pic related is mine. I'll be doing Finnegans Wake interspersed with the three Schmidt short stories/novellas before moving on to Zettelstraum.

Nice Schmidt, mate.

Ulysses S. Grant's memoirs, Camus's The Rebel, and Kafka's The Castle since I'm trying to read works I've put off a long time.

I wish you could use your Amazon account to order from the German Amazon. I want to try Adorno in German even though I'm still learning.

My to-read list is easily in the hundreds, but I'll name just a few that are on deck as of right now.

Wallerstein - The Modern World-System, Vol. I: Capitalist Agriculture and the Origins of the European World-Economy in the Sixteenth Century

The Divine Comedy (re-read)

Gide - The Immoralist

Monmonier - How to Lie with Maps

Maugham - Of Human Bondage

the memes are strong with this one

Is the divine comedy even worth reading in English?

I flicked through a copy at the bookstore last time I was there and the English translation sounded like shit. On the left side of the pages it had the Italian version, and even though I didn't understand it, the rhyming made it sound far more epic.

You seem like a pretentious, insufferable faggot who thinks he's smarter than he is.

My reading cue is full of hughes books. 2666 by Bobby Bologna? What a catch! Jerusalem by Allen More? Bazinga! The list goes on, but I don't want to be too long winding.

Not him but I read the Wordsworth translation and enjoyed it.
I'm a pleb though.
>what's on your reading queue?
Reading Petersburg
Legacy of Ashes (History of CIA) or Typhoon by Conrad will be next.
Will probably re-read Faust part 1 and read part 2 after that.

I'm reading Moby Dick but I'm gonna take a break from it to read Inherent Vice in time for Pinecone getting the Nobel. After those it's Brothers Grimm's and Frogs by Mo Yan, because I feel like I should finish the books I got for christmas last year before it's christmas again.

Mmm Bologna Che buono

>falling THIS hard for Veeky Forums memes

lmao just kys

> it had the Italian version, and even though I didn't understand it, the rhyming made it sound far more epic.

DUDE EPIC POETRY LMAO EPICCCCC HOLY SHIT IT'S SO EPIC!!!

The quality of posts is very important to this community.

Not OP but you sound like an insecure brainlet.

Maybe you just flipped through a shitty translation? The Ciardi translation I picked up is solid.

Either way, it's worthwhile to read in English if you can't read it in Italian, sure. It has had a profound influence on Western culture and so is worth reading in whatever language you can read it in.

>scurries back to /sffg/

There's an image that floats around here of all the translations. Take your pick with that.

You must hate yourself

pic related, about to order it. Am I an edgelord or stumbling across something good?

Y'all have gone too far with this Arno memery

I think I hate myself a lot less than at least 90% of this board.

Thanks user-kun.

Half and half

Pic related first. Anyone read it? Enjoyed it?
Then:

Pale Fire
White Noise
The Book of Disquiet
Vineland
Dubliners
Conferedacy of Dunces
Faust
La Vida Breve (Juan Carlos Onetti)
The Recognitions
IJ

And the list could go on and on. This is just the most immediate ones.

Some Genet before going into Glas

>posting the translations meme meme

It's good, and read Dubliners after.

I've only read Waller's intro to World Systems Analysis. I really liked the premise. You liking the full thing? I really hope he's able to finish everything before he kicks the bucket.

is this even a Veeky Forums meme?

Epic was a word before the internet you idiot.

Right now I am reading mobi dick.

After this, I hope to finish one of the books I have been chipping away at but not finished, such as

nausea
notes from underground
a rebours

I just want to finish mobi dick, but the writing style is such a far cry from the style of writing I'm used to reading, I'm not kidding when I say I could spend an hour trying to comprehend 10 pages of this book, especially around the slower parts where the story isn't really progressing, he's just going over details about how masts work, or the history of whaling, or the various sizes of whales. There's so much superfluous information he includes in the book which he just thinks should be in there, which honestly I think doesn't just slow down the story, the story fucking smashes head first into a wall like a car, full stop.

DUDE EPIC

trolled H A R D

Just end my life, senpais
I can't read this fast

Currently reading Junger - Storm of steel, next in the queue are On the marble cliffs and The glass bees if I manage to find mobi. Fascinating man, /pol/ must be in love with him.

Where can I go for a copy of Bottom's Dream?

I don't wanna order online, so can I pick it up at Barnes and Noble, or Books-a-Million?

I will help you famalam, send all of them to me.

pseud: the post

Reading Moby Dick, Dune, and Crime & Punishment all at once. Then Don Quixote.

So far I've only seen it online, but it just got released so idk

Currently (simultaneously)
>Birth of Britain - Winston Churchill
>A Canticle for Leibowitz - Walter Miller Jr.
>Mexico - James Michener

Up next
>The Divine Invasion - PKD
>Jerusalem - Alan Moore
>The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich - Will Shirer
>2666 - Roberto BolaƱo

I generally read short scifi novels from Niven, Asimov, etc. when i need to take breaks from the more weighty books

Currently reading

>Life a User's Manual (adoring it, also surprisingly quick and easy to read so should be done soon)
>the Recognitions (only just started)
>Beckett Short Prose (I appreciate Beckett but he has this ability to enervate me like no other author does)
>Eugene Onegin in Russian
>Petersburg in Russian (I'm not as fluent in RUssian as I am in ENglish and I've sort of accepted I won't finish this book any time soon, wonderful as it may be)
>Penguin Freud Reader (almost finished)
>Ecrits, a selection (really cool)
>the Dialectic of Enlightenment (just started)

Excited to start

>Women and Men
>Underworld
>Illuminations (Benjamin)
>s/z
>Sculpting in Time
>Acts of Literature
>the Space of Literature
>the Dream Life of Basno Snell
>Wittgenstein's Mistress
>Beckett Trilogy
>Rhythm as Dialectics in the Bronze Horseman (Bely essay I want to try read in RUssian and make some sense of)
>Nadja

patrician af if you stick with this. enjoy senpai.

thanks senpai, uni is hurting it a bit but my autist reading program is going p well despite it all

>Sculpting in Time
Just finished it last month, it was really great, far better than I expected it

r8

>pirandello
>durrell

good taste senpai.

>"Reading" a shitton of books at once

I did that as a teenager. I read one nonfiction book and one fiction book at a time, with a jerkoff book thrown in whenever I'm feeling bogged down, and occasionally alongside it I'll read a book in French.

Right now I'm reading McCoy's "The Politics of Heroin," and I just finished Roth's The Humbling." As a jerkoff book I'm rereading Roth's "The Plot Against America."

I think I'll read a few Shakespeare plays again for my the fiction part of my diet going forward. I've been hankering to read King Lear again for a while.

It sounds so fantastic. Any other good film theory you'd recommend?

I used to have this quote on my wall to remind me how pseud I was/am

Reading two pages apiece of seven books every night, eh? I was young. You bowed to yourself in the mirror, stepping forward to applause earnestly, striking face. Hurray for the Goddamned idiot! Hray! No-one saw: tell no-one. Books you were going to write with letters for titles. Have you read his F? O yes, but I prefer Q. Yes, but W is wonderful. O yes, W. Remember your epiphanies written on green oval leaves, deeply deep, copies to be sent if you died to all the great libraries of the world, including Alexandria? Someone was to read them there after a few thousand years, a mahamanvantara. Pico della Mirandola like. Ay, very like a whale. When one reads these strange pages of one long gone one feels that one is at one with one who once ...