What do you get from the asian supermarket, Veeky Forums?

What do you get from the asian supermarket, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KIk0abbYgXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spices, sauces, oils, baby bok choy, bean sprouts, tofu, chili peppers, fresh herbs(usually cilantro and basil), frozen dumplings, frozen spring rolls, dried noodles, cheap dishes/bowls/cookware, and a can of mango drink for the ride home.
Maybe once a year I'll get a tub the delicious taro ice cream.

For Christmas I'll buy cheap weird candies as extra little gifts for family.

>tfw your wife is the manager/HR for a chain of asian supermarkets

Ask me anything

does she like butt stuff?

Meh. Depends on the mood.

fish balls, nigga

one time i tried to eat raw oysters from the asian supermarket

NEVER AGAIN

kimchi and ramen, like everyone else

>doesn't make their own kimchi

You sadfuck.

White people are making kimchi now? That's cool.

Weird looks. They hone in on the whiteboi like I was a nigger at Tiffany's. Even worse when I'm with my asian gf.

Wives

Asian groceries.

Spices
Fresh herbs, particularly lemongrass, galangal, thai basil etc
Fruit- for whatever reason fruit tends to be really good quality and cheap there
Fish
Pork, chicken, and duck
Stock bones, especially neck bones and feet

I never buy beef there because it's fucking wacky expensive for whatever reason, although it tends to be nice quality wise.

I tend to get some odd looks but idgaf. Some of the people that work there recognize me now which is kind of cool- I had one guy I talk to fairly often keep me some pork cheeks aside because I buy them a lot.

Which chain?

ALL THE CHEAP RICE BALLS AND BENTO

dog

How'd it happen?

the dumplings there look so good, do you really need a steamer to cook them?

yeah i get that all of you go to buy asian vegetables, sauces, spices, etc. but if you're really honest with yourself, the best thing at asian supermarkets are matcha pockys

side note - why do asian moms/grandmoms always buy those royal dansk cookies?

For some unknown reason, the ethnic markets in southern California (east Asian, arabic, Mexican, whatever) seem to have fruits & veggies consistently cheaper than most big chain grocery stores that you would have heard of.

Anybody know why?

Everything thats not milk, juice, or cereal.

Stares from all the Vietnamese QTs because they know I have a big white cock

Is she Asian?

The vegan/vegetarian meat, fucking fantastic stuff (protein gainz).

Unrelated, last time I went to the local Indonesian shop, one of the workers (an older guy) started speaking Indonesian to me (I'm Arab). Bizarre.

I cook all dumplings as if they were gyoza

>heat up a little oil in a pan with a lid
>crisp up one side of them
>pour water into pan and cover
>steam them for ~5mins until they are cooked through
>take off lid, and if any liquid is left pour it out
>add a little more oil and then fry them on all sides till they are crispy
>serve with home-made gyoza sauce

I suppose you could just skip frying them and steam them in the pan if you prefer them that way.
Or try steaming them in a pot with one of those metal fold out steamer baskets.

Especially the wasabi flavoured ones. GOAT snacks.

Or maybe because you're ugly and fat.

Different suppliers, maybe? This is one of those things you don't question, just take advantage of those markets for all they're worth.

I'm 3/4 white and 6'1 @ 160lbs I'm basically a God compared to their native men.

>Unrelated, last time I went to the local Indonesian shop, one of the workers (an older guy) started speaking Indonesian to me (I'm Arab). Bizarre.

Isn't Indonesia like 40% Muslim or something? It's not strange to assume you were from Indonesia.

Go lift until you're about 180. Only Asian women like beta skellies.

this shit right here

any of the seaweeds

Then I'm set

Asian women > White women aka Jamal's cumdump

Arab =! Muslim

You're all aggressive low iq sand niggers to the rest of the world.

hmm..

black vinegar
soy sauce
sesame oil
chili oil w/ peppers
fish balls
good dumplings
frozen steamed buns
lots of water spinach
fresh ramen noodles
dried ramen packs
instant noodle cups
mung bean noodles
smoked milkfish
whole raw duck
half roast duck, 1lb bbq pork belly

jasmine rice, brown especially. hard to find brown jasmine rice in asian stores.

intimidated

She applied, and interviewed well.

>Have Viet gf
>She loves muh gains

Stop stereotyping slant eyes.

chunjang
korean jjajang noodles
mu radish
pork belly
the weird light green zucchini
potato
onion
garlic
potato starch

mushrooms but not last time because theey jewed up the prces
garlic
ginger
soy sauce
any other sauce you want really, asian store has beter shit than walmart
sesame oil
some wierd flavor of soda or chips if i feel like it
porkbuns if im lucky enough that there is any left
cheap shrimp if thats the case (shrimp price is always going up and down)
the wierdest instant ramen i can find
maybe a roll of cheap sushi and thats a big maybe
spices
rice

Hurry up and make some elliot Rodger babies so the white women will die off faster

You get yourself a hot and fine looking Asian wife

Well on the way my friend.

>tfw the pics of your arsenal are on your other phone

Do you think I'm retarded enough to effectively dox my wife?

She applied, and interviewed well, like the other user said. She's fluent in mandarin and english (which is fucking RARE amongst the local chinese population, they're insular as all fuck and basically refuse to integrate), so that facilitated hiring and promotions.

Yes. Also how she got the job - they can and will hire foreigners but "being able to communicate with people that may not necessarily be able to speak english much if at all" is kind of necessary.

That said, they also hire mexicans that dont speak english OR mandarin, and no one among the staff speaks spanish, so I dont know how that fuck that works.

You know you're not in a legit Asian supernarket unless it smells like cigarettes and fish

That other user, Mexicans are fluent in shrug language, it's like American Sign Language, but with shoulders being integrated. Also, I was talking about how she became your wife, not how she got her job, gwylow.

We met on fucking gamefaqs, weirdly enough. This was back in the EARLY internets. Like "56k dialup, people unironically using leetspeak, AOL instant messenger" early.

Got to talking, kinda confessed to each other, went over there a few times, jumped through all the "just after 9/11" INS hoops, and here we are.

That's just your mom

>they also hire mexicans that dont speak english OR mandarin, and no one among the staff speaks spanish, so I dont know how that fuck that works.

good to know im not the only one.

seriously how do the latinos even find those jobs, much less pass an interview.

mm thanks i will try this method until i can get around to buying a bamboo steamer

Si.

Like 9001 different kinds of deep fried corn snacks

Networking. Everyone is someone's cousin's girlfriend's best friend's brother.

They also have the fucking work ethic of a goddamn packmule. Every one of them works two or even three jobs at about 14-16 hours a day, usually for just at or above minimum wage. A pretty fair amount use public transportation too (unless the aforementioned networking means they can carpool), and in my area that means they can end up waiting over an hour for a bus, too.

I'm pretty sure that's why mexicans always seem to be moving at like 75% speed - they get like 3 hours of sleep a night and are all permenantly exhausted.

That's a great story.

bird flu

>had 56k in 2001
That sucks bro

[spoiler]15 years next month.[/spoiler] Not even the only couple we know that met online either. It can work, provided you don't get catfished by some dude or end up in motel in thailand missing your kidneys.

p o c a r i s w e a t

I'm a fag, so maybe a different playing field, but I'm 6 foot flat, 160 and Asian boys throw ass at me like no other. Maybe it's because they do have pretty small dicks (sorry Asians, but I've never seen am Asian cock larger than 5 inches), but they bottom like champs. Just having blue eyes seems to be enchanting and I'm not that good looking of a guy.

Wait. What does this have to do with cooking?

I don't see what the problem is. Lots of Koreans just get kimchi from the store/market

There actually is an answer: they set up their own networks of farms and distribution. The distributor is usually very local and responsive in real time. So instead of the retail store having to keep large amounts of perishable stock in their own fridge they can stock what they'll sell in a day, and the distributor will restock them the next morning if necessary. They're running on small margins and high turnover, which is a great way to deal with perishable goods.

Great article about it in the Wall St Journal last June, but you have to sign in to read it. Also in NYC the Chinese have their own set up for chicken farms because they don't like the fast growing breed of chicken in the supermarkets. So they have their own farms growing Barred Cross birds that you can get with the head and feet still on them for just over $10 a bird. They taste much better than the chicken in the supermarket.

Kek

Soju, sake, mochi, steamed bao, Yokan, squid, live dungenese crabs, ice tea flavors unavailable in normal stores, loose leaf teas, macha powder, curry powder, dango

Probably other shit too. There's one near my job so I'm always over there as well as their food court

its cuz you eat cum hehe

pls laugh

My friend is gonna try to buy frog legs from our asian market but I'm not sure what the best way to prepare them is.

Little asian girls, mostly.

My gf got some from an asian market and grilled them, came out really good. Just used some salt, garlic and chili and rubbed it on.

Roti, spices, and this really fucking tasty fish they sell. It's literally an entire vacuum sealed fish with really good sambal.
>Cook in pan for few mins
>Take it out
>Remove plastic
>Eat with rice
Fucking god tier.

Royal Dansk had some sick marketing in Asia. People use to give them as gifts during Christmas and Chinese New Year. Ferrero rocher is another western treat that's become a staple gift in many Asian households due to slick marketing.

herpes

They're the only place that sells cheap cuts of meat without labeling them "stew meat" and tripling the price.

>he doesn't have a constant supply of miso paste always ready to go

plebs, vous etes plebs

user knows where its at

>Be black
>Go to asian super market
>No one gives a shit that I'm there
>Cashiers are friendly

>Go to mexican/hispanic run super market
>Every employed manlet staring me down
>Cashiers are decent though

What the fuck though, I shop their pretty much every day and they stare me down, I don't even dress like a thug, hipster glasses, peatcoat with a tucked scarf, hat and headphones.

cheap potatos
japanese chili powder
kosher salt
pita
thats litteraly it

>Be black

>Being a mexican manlet

Even here huh? What's with you guys.

>liking anime
>minorities
Kek, Norwegian master race (pls help its so cold here)

youtu.be/KIk0abbYgXQ

Can I get a discount if your in the East coast?

>tfw a scene like this would be impossible to make nowadays

Different velocity of sales.
Americans don't buy fruit/veg as often and in the same quantities as non-americans, because non-americans actually cook and spend their money wisely when it comes to food. Higher velocity = less shrink = lower prices.

T. Retailcuck

Large bags of medium grain rice for sushi, decent kikoman soy sauce, dried seaweed, and whatever snacks I find tempting.

I still get Royal Dansk cookies as gifts. Those fucking huge tins as well, I wish they'd give me Ferraro Rocher or Almond Roca.

only ramune and sticky rice

>What do you get from the asian supermarket, Veeky Forums?
Food poisoning. I get food poisoning.

Dried cuttlefish
Dried mango
Sliced barbeque pork at the chinese BBQ for my ramen
Ramen

>liking anime
Who would have thought people liked anime on an anime website right?

My ma buys a fuck ton of shoga and puts it on chink shit

they dont pay HR taxes for illegals

The Asian markets are the only places that serve duck, so I'll usually get duck from them, but that's about it.

literally useless human beings
all they do is work
they're like farm animals, beasts of burden

> this is who will die when machines replace their jobs, or trump kicks them out

where is the good times, hanging out at the bar and laughing...

where is the creativity... and most of all innovation and Invention of new things?

just working all the time and handing your friends jobs is sponging off of society not contributing to it

> there's other people like this, but most of Them are like this, so dont drop that NAXALT fallacy about mexicans who made a difference

>just working all the time and handing your friends jobs is sponging off of society not contributing to it

Yeah no. Business owners get cheap, semi-dependable labor.

>literally useless human beings
>all they do is work
This would be bad b8 even on /pol/

that and there's a faint whiff of death around the meat and fish

I don't give money to subhumans

Kek. I've been trying to get a pic of that the last couple months at my asian market but they're either always out or some whiteass sensitive bitch complained and they don't carry it anymore.