So he dressed up as a girl, smoked crack and sucked dick...

So he dressed up as a girl, smoked crack and sucked dick, to see what it would be like to be a female prostitute so he could write about it? What a meme.

He has the face of someone who hunts for government secrets in the backyard, snout to the ground, and dismisses perfectly good mushrooms or perhaps - only incidentaly, mindlessly - sets them aside for those of his hours unaccounted for.

love me some vollmann

Soooooooooo he's gay?

Not gay if it's for research dude.

Not a single Vollmann fanboy can say anything about his work.

no he didn't

He has a face that seems a fan of perennially-wearing baseball caps, eating at barbecues and drinking beer in some dank and decrepit dive bar.

I liked his rainbow-themed short story collection

He was hunted by the government.
It is truly the work of someone who has a passion for writing. I believe the man's mental processes to be words on a page (at least to him). His major work seems to be a raw exploration of history through writing. By using fiction as a method of travel, something he has done extensively, he chooses to re-write portions of it while staying within the boundaries of fact and plausibility. Any affectations he puts into the events could have been put there by the original story teller.

When he recounts his own experiences they come off like an oral history. It may not be the appropriate tone for some of these things (the atlas has some of this) but it is what he chooses to do. He adds an indescribable weight to the mundane and somehow uses the same tone to flatten the exciting parts of his tale.

If anyone was to write the history of our time William the Blind would not be a bad choice. He has the work ethic and skill to do it, you can not doubt that.

Vollmann thinks he's Melville but he's just gay.

He looks like the kind of guy that makes hitchhikers say no thanks when he pulls over

He has the face of someone who could have been suspected of being the Unabomber, oh wait....

I've only read Riding Toward Everywhere and it was bland as fuck.

He didn't suck dick but he did do all of those other things and more, I believe. Anyway, he's great. Who gives a shit if he's a weirdo?

seth putnam reincarnated as a literary critic?

you're a woman

longdong

thats really sexy desu

He has the face of someone you wouldn't know was retarded until you asked them for directions.

deep belly kek

no i am sure. check again.

longdong
o
n
g
d
o
n
g

ok but is it functioning

If I had a lazy eye I would wear an eyepatch. Why do people let it just hang out like that? It's gross and makes it impossible to take them seriously

He sucked a dick? What a fucking sissy faggot.

Are his writings hot though? Like do they make your cock nice and stiff while reading them? Oooooo... Do they make you crave a steaming mess on your face? Fuck yea. Do they turn you into a little slut, do they?

he never sucked dick

t. someone who never read the Seven dreams series.

why does he say he sucked colonial dick?

tl;dr he crazy!

Imagine if he spent that time editing his writing instead.

Like his eyes, the writing lacks a clear direction.

topping on the cake

>So this is what you call method writing

>makes it impossible to take them seriously
Unlike being dressed as a pirate.

Stealing this for my novel.

sooo is Rising Up and Rising Down worth it?