So i have a cheap walmart deep fryer that i got not too long ago...

so i have a cheap walmart deep fryer that i got not too long ago, i'm using refined coconut oil and so far it works great

my question is about changing the oil, it only has ~3 or so liter capacity

do i have to replace all the oil once in a while or can i just keep adding new stuff as the level goes down?

i put it through a strainer to get the crumbs out once in a while but i haven't noticed the oil turning rancid and it seems to stay nice as i replenish it

>i haven't noticed the oil turning rancid and it seems to stay nice

then it's fine. your nose is the best measuring device.

It gets toxic and more and more unhealthy. Frying breaks down oil and increases those trans fats that so many people think dangerous to your health.
I would chuck it after 3 uses, and or two weeks, whichever is sooner.

this sounds made up

He's being overly cautious but the science is sound

Yes, you do have to empty it completely rather than topping it off

This. If it smells like oil it's fine. If it starts smelling gross, change it.

If you only use it in short sessions, you can easily get like 10 fry uses out of a batch. More if it's not heavily breaded, less if it is.

And after a month you gotta pretty much change it.

>owning a deep fryer

please tell me americans don't really do this

>being poor and mad

Unless you're using it daily, I recommend letting the oil cool, then pouring it back through a filter into the bottle for storage. I've no experience with coconut oil, but in my experience with deep frying: the nose knows.

So this is going to sound crazy, but buy or make some tamales, freeze them, and fry them in 350 degree coconut oil. You can thank me later

When I was still deep frying I arrived at ultra-refined sunflower oil as my oil of choice. It has hardly any flavor of its own, a very high smoke point and it's not prone to decomposition on its own.

>~3 or so liter capacity

Americans don't even know what a liter is.

>Not being able fry spam chips on mass.

Do you unwrap them first or is it in the husk?

Sure we do. We have 2 liter bottles.

Sorry, I thought about that after I posted. You take the husk off first.

subtle

>amerifats don't know metric

Depends on the education level. Even BA 4 year degrees have to have some science which requires metric.

It's only the ignorant, stubborn, Drumpf type supporters who are uneducated and grasp at an anachronistic measurement system as some kind of national honor. A pity really. It only serves to prove their ignorance.

strange because americans pretend to not know metric, but engine displacement is one of their favorite things and they don't understand what a 26er or a 40 is because they inexplicably measure alcohol in metric

>protip a 26er has 26 shots of liqueur in it

You guys sort of sound like you understand normal Americans but you really don't.

I'm the 988 post and I am fucking american. And I live amongst uneducated imperial measurement loving rednecks. Try to talk metric for a baking recipe and they'll immediately say, "I don't measure that way, talk american."

Why are americans the laughing stock of the world? It's rather pointedly clear.

I'm glad you feel so superior to the people around you and all but I'm sure they're not going to react to OP saying his fryer holds about 3 liters of oil with "Durrrr is that like almost a gallon?" to the way they rightly bust your pretentious ass for using milliliters rather than tablespoons or cups.

>claims to be American
>hates on everyday average Americans

You ain't American, you're a pinko commie-fuck who thinks he's American.

so OP what you want to do is take all the oil out weekly and filter it, then clean the fryer
then discard the oil every three weeks or so

stop using coconut oil as well, it's worse for you than many others and not ideal for frying
try canola or sunflower
[citation needed]

>pinko commie-fuck

You do realize this isn't the late 60's and early 70's and "All in the Family" isn't the number 1 rated tv show, right?

I'm a far-left American who would prefer that the US embrace the metric system, but I'm afraid I'll have to agree with this guy. It's one thing to understand metric, it's another to be a douchenozzle who insists on speaking metric just to prove he's a special smart international man of culture.
Until metric is officially the standard, you use what the locals use. Faggot.

> i'm using refined coconut oil

when did you come out OP?

>you use what the locals use.

And sacrifice quality and consistency with my baked goods? And poison myself because I failed to use grams to measure my sodium nitrite and bacteria cultures when making sausage and curing meats? Fuck that.

The notion of accepting stubborn ignorance because of a misguided sense of "national honor" is stupid and self-limiting.

>measuring buckets of oil for deep frying requires the same precision as a pastry recipe and is a form of anti-intellectual book-burning

See, this is why people don't like you in real life.

Are you the douchenozzle who keeps posting about his 16.66666666666666:1 ratio when brewing coffee?

>You do realize this isn't the late 60's and early 70's and "All in the Family" isn't the number 1 rated tv show, right?

>2017
Have you met modern day millenial sjw faggots & feminists?

pinko commie fuck is a pretty accurate description.

>douchenozzle who keeps posting about his 16.66666666666666:1 ratio when brewing coffee?

No. I'm no coffee faggot. I brew 2 cups of rotgut Folgers in the morning with a cheap ass drip machine.

>450ml of rotgut Folgers

FTFY

Rekt.

burned with the force of a McDonalds coffee mug right in the pussy

>coconut oil
Try peanut oil it makes freedom fries taste amazing

Why do you call them freedom fries?

What are you a commie?

Underage aren't allowe...
>tfw 9/11 was 25 years ago

Americans.
They think french refers to the country as opposed to the way they are cut.
Retards really.

Right before spilling it on your mom's back

your math is bad

>not using olive oil
wew

No fighting!

GTFO commie, this is a deep fryer thread for real Americans. I'm sure there is a tofu tread somewhere.

hehehe

>Using metric means being a douchenozzle and a special smart international man of culture.
And eating paint is cool.

Look buddy, I know you're stuck in some hillbilly hellhole where talking at "city boy speed" makes people think you're trying to trick them, but randomly asking the butcher for meat in grams, when his scale is clearly set to display in pounds, just makes you sound like that kid who just got back from study abroad and can't STFU about how DIFFERENT everything is over there, like wow they even have different light sockets! It doesn't make you sound cool, it just makes everyone cringe.

Yes, we get it, you went abroad and it was amazing. You want to adopt metric, talk to your elected representative.

Here's a tidbit you mouthbreather: Those tendies and fast food salt, HFCS, chemically saturated "food style items" you eat every meal? They were created and produced using metric measurements. Stay fat, ignorant and stupid.

>Ever since I got back from Europe I don't tip. Why should I tip? Except my fedora of course.

leaf here

most of our scales are set in grams, but you'd be hard pressed to find a merchant who didn't know that 110 grams ~ 1/4 pound

scales built after 1991 are pretty easy to switch, also

Canada uses metric officially, does it not? So I'm not sure how that's relevant to some overcompensating hillbilly from Kentucky who thinks he's cool because he says "meters" instead of "feet".

Obviously, you can just press a button and switch it, but if prices for everything are posted in pounds, and you are a local, and you obviously understand pounds, then talk in fucking pounds. It doesn't sound "cool" to talk in grams when everyone else is saying pounds, it sounds autistic as fuck. If you aren't used to pounds, then yeah, it's ok to say "sorry I'm not from here, what would 500g be?" But if you are, and you do that, then you're being a douchenozzle.

It's like those people who say "bleu cheese" because they think it sounds sophisticated to randomly mix languages, or screech autistically that "entree" doesn't mean "main course" at someone's wedding reception, just to draw attention to themselves.

>not only does using the more accurate metric system make you a douchenozzle, but using words that derived from a "scary sounding" foreign language correctly, makes you one too.

Flyover "thought" process, everybody!

1. I'm in NYC
2. I lived in more countries before the age of 18 than you've been to in your life
3. Nobody likes you IRL

>in NYC

"Flyover" is a state of mind, not geography.

heh....dumb kids don't know what *tip* hit em........

Yes, it describes yours. Desperate to escape the rust belt, but unable to for some reason. So you do the next best thing: go to the Payless at the local abandoned strip mall and ask the shoe lady for something in your European size equivalent, and then smile triumphantly when she has to look up the equivalent. This is the closest you will ever come to having "culture".