Why are all philosophers male? Haven't males traditionally had to go to work while the women stayed at home...

Why are all philosophers male? Haven't males traditionally had to go to work while the women stayed at home? What the fuck were they doing the whole time?

Men tend to think in progressively more nuanced abstractions, and to try to find solutions to problems (like "reasons" underlying phenomena). They also have all the impetus to actually do things because their success and happiness in life is almost always based on accomplishment, at least relative to their class.

Women not only don't have principle-oriented or principle-seeking thought, they are sort of anti-principle because their consciousness is so buffeted by their emotional state and instinctive drives (id). They are also basically content with life as it is, instinctively, because their lives are pretty guaranteed to be cushy relative to their class, because they have innate social and economic value as resource-scarce breeders.

Probably man's instinctive desire to understand and overcome things intertwined historically, and maybe even constitutionally, with his social role as the gender that has to do all the overcoming in order to secure a good life. Women not only don't do anything by nature, they have no reason to change.

Don't make a thread and then copy and paste your diary as the first reply again please. It's boring and you're not fooling anyone.

>Women not only don't have principle-oriented or principle-seeking thought, they are sort of anti-principle because their consciousness is so buffeted by their emotional state and instinctive drives
What do you mean by this?

>Women not only don't have principle-oriented or principle-seeking thought, they are sort of anti-principle because their consciousness is so buffeted by their emotional state and instinctive drives (id). They are also basically content with life as it is, instinctively, because their lives are pretty guaranteed to be cushy relative to their class, because they have innate social and economic value as resource-scarce breeders.

Prove it.

He means report and ignore off-topic threads.

The quintessential male struggle in literature is when a guy's principles conflict. All men understand it because all men live by principles, even if they are bad at it. That's where the original pathos from tragedy and all Western drama came from, irreconcilable conflicts between moral orders.

Women literally don't do this. They can't understand the idea of principles conflicting, because they can only feel what they instinctively desire at any given moment. The idea of holding two principles simultaneously makes no sense to them, because they confuse the masculine principle for the feminine "what I want right now," and can't imagine wanting two contrary things simultaneously.

When a man's honour or duty dictates that he has to kill his friend, that's a struggle. A woman would just do whatever made her feel good in each individual moment and then comfort herself with material goods provided by a man.

>>Women literally don't do this.
Uhhhhhh no

redpill me on fat cocks full of hiv

>When a man's honour or duty

You're such a colossal faggot, do you realize that?

Stop mainlining Heartiste. There's nothing good at the bottom of that rabbit hole.

Males possess rational thought.

Females do not.

Women have some rational thought but it's all on a lower ephemeral level.

They can figure out how to turn a doorknob but they'll never understand deontology.

Explain your life decisions and the life decisions of everyone who posts on this website past 28

numale faggots, on a literature board, with three millenia of literature backing this stuff up, can't accept the truth

hahahahahaha

That's such a great proof, you sure showed me how rational males are!

You fucking idiot.

>numale faggots, on a literature board, with three millenia of literature backing this stuff up, can't accept the truth

If lack of comprehension is a problem for you, start bitching about the amount of mentally ill people who post on the various boards here. And not just "women r dum" 24/7 it's fucking annoying

Besides, death of the author.

Why did you post two threads

lol its the 21st century and i don't have to study plato cause he was misogynist!! i would rather read "the book of negroes" and think about the plight of sexy black men, because today we are realizing the value of the feminine, listening to other people's stories instead of masculinly asserting our own "thinking"!?? haha my brain hurts after all that, Im going to the club to get some dick now

I think you were who I was referring to when I said "mentally ill people who post on the various boards here"

cuz wimmen r stoopid! LOL!!!11

If this is true why are there female scientists? Isn't that a job that requires rational thought?

it's weird how you can just tell someone is a woman after reading a few sentences they wrote on the internet. having a vagina causes your credibility to suffer in a thousand little ways visible even when you aren't.

>>it's weird how you can just tell someone is a woman after reading a few sentences they wrote on the internet. having a vagina causes your credibility to suffer in a thousand little ways visible even when you aren't.

>If lack of comprehension is a problem for you, start bitching about the amount of mentally ill people who post on the various boards here. And not just "women r dum" 24/7

Those are outliers, and they're mostly really bad at it.

For every C+ female scientist there are like twelve billion B+ male underachieving scientists who could be A's if they tried. Only the C+ woman gets the #1 Vagina Award though, so you only notice her.

Why?

A woman's sole reason for being is to impress males. Women scientists fight against their nature to impress some male in their life.

literally on their period

Lmao at you that same chick who sperg end out about black crime rates baring posted and started going on and on about mental health among Veeky Forums users?

Smh desu

>A woman's sole reason for being is to impress males. Women scientists fight against their nature to impress some male in their life.

An autistic person's sole reason for being is to impress the people supplying them with resources. Autistic scientists fight against their nature to rub off on some parental figure in their life

>>Lmao at you that same chick who sperg end out about black crime rates baring posted and started going on and on about mental health among Veeky Forums users?

Nope.

You know this doesn't work in the slightest and is a terrible attempt at rewording that man's post, don't you? No, you probably don't, because you are a woman.

it really is pretty fascinating how you can always tell it's a broad who is posting

what is it exactly? humorlessness?

I honestly couldn't tell you mate. I'm sure there's plenty of them who go under the radar but some of them just give themselves away so easily. I guess it's just sentence structure. Something of that irrational "grr boys don't bully me" attitude getting carried over into their internet syntax.

>You know this doesn't work in the slightest and is a terrible attempt at rewording that man's post, don't you? No, you probably don't, because you are a woman.

If reading comprehension is a problem than insult the bipolar and psychotic people who said they post here. Honestly. Do it more often. There's no reason you shouldn't if this is an issue.

You are talking about humorlessness and you are shilling politically on Veeky Forums in the morning.

>muh bipolar
>muh reading comprehension
Hahahhah it actually is tucking you, I'm astonished you stuck around the board after your assravaging in the last thread. Why did you stay? Did you enjoy getting figuratively spanked by Veeky Forums's collective patriarchal hand?

>shilling politically

milhouse is not a meme

>Amerifats thinking they are the only time zone in existence

>Hahahhah it actually is tucking you, I'm astonished you stuck around the board after your assravaging in the last thread.

It's a legitimate point. Especially considering, that the problem here is you believe women are cognitively disadvantaged compared to men.

What about the more severe cases?

>d-delet this, mod-sama

But that's what you're doing.

It's not a valid point, it's deflection. The majority of men don't have mental illnesses and those that do still exhibit capability for rational thought of they're not psychotic. I wouldn't expect you to understand, seen as last time you completely failed to understand what bipolar disorder was.

No sweetheart, this is just how men speak amongst each other.

Redpill me on festering nigger diarrhea

BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

FLLLLBRRRTTTTTTTT

>>It's not a valid point, it's deflection.

How? You post 8 threads a week about this in order to convince people of something, and then when it comes to enforcing your point about cognition you only pick and choose.

If women are cognitively disabled somehow (just because you said so and everyone is too tired to argue with you on it), why not go over people who are also cognitively disabled. Autistic people, I'm assuming people posting unironically in this thread, post here all the time. So do people with all sorts of problems.

But I don't see you posting about the problem with disabled people posting on Veeky Forums because they'll never comprehend literature.

Except I posted on Veeky Forums from around 2012 to 2014. It wasn't this bad at the time. Don't get me wrong, it was terrible. But these threads would at least happen in far less occurrence.

And what? You expect us to talk about the same topics in the same frequency until the last day?
Fuck outta here with your thought police bullshit you fascist cynt

>And what? You expect us to talk about the same topics in the same frequency until the last day?

Yes. I expect the literature board to talk about literature.

>Fuck outta here with your thought police bullshit you fascist cynt

Isn't that what you're otherwise attempting to do. Far more than me. The content of a thread matters less than the content of the literature being discussed.

This is women logic at its finest lmao
>but retards are allowed to browse this board, why criticise women when retards exist?
This is literally your argument.

Read Nietzsche, he explains this in the most succinct way I've seen thus far.

That's not my argument. I'm arguing over the specifics of why you're arguing about women. If this is a problem then you should focus on the mentally ill.

Like yourself.

You need to mentally chill

Gee I don't know, why are we focussing on the differences between genders when discussing the genders contribution to literature? Has it crossed your vacant mind for a single second, that psychiatry is a young field, and the vast majority of authors as such cannot be assessed for mental illness? Has it also crossed your mind that people in creative professions actually trend TOWARDS bipolar? What's more, have you considered that your entire point is retarded, has been refuted multiple times in multiple threads, and should never be brought up again? Of course not. Because you're a fucking woman.

hahaha see she's just a doorknob. you can tell she just doesn't understand Veeky Forums in some elementary way.

listen up: Veeky Forums always has and always will be dominated by NEET males. society is getting progressively shittier for NEET males (or maybe just its producing more of them) and they're getting progressively more bitter. you don't just walk into clubhouses irl and start criticizing their demographics, do you? because that's basically what you're doing right now.

the internet is shit. it used to be the wild west. you used to put on whatever mask you wanted to, and it would be absolutely compartmentalized from your day-to-day life. websites & communities were like little islands, not stops on a highway in a system that only seems to be getting smaller and more efficient. there used to be an understanding that it was all fantasy. now we're all "citizens of the internet" and rage culture is everywhere.

anyways my point is that just like I wouldn't walk into a safe space on campus and start saying "LOL LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF YOU FUCKS ARE BORDERLINE PERSONALITIES" as soon as I heard somebody criticize white/male/cis people, you shouldn't do what you're doing on Veeky Forums: that's how I know you're a stupid fucking cunt.

>I wouldn't walk into a safe space on campus and start saying "LOL LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF YOU FUCKS ARE BORDERLINE PERSONALITIES"
Pussy.

No, that literally is your argument. This MUST be some of the most top tier bait.

This is a really interesting post to look at.

>Gee I don't know, why are we focussing on the differences between genders when discussing the genders contribution to literature?

You could do that to every less able person cognitively. Also assuming men are across the board the same cognitively as you are, is ridiculous.

These threads are pointless and shouldn't be discussed.

reminder that one person is both sides of the "argument"
anybody else who replied got trolled epically

Good post but she won't read it