Why women don't wanna study STEM even if feminists shill STEM so hard among young girls?

Why women don't wanna study STEM even if feminists shill STEM so hard among young girls?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hjernevask
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because they would, for the most part, rather study a trade subject, usually in the humanities or in a beauty course. just because people tell them they should study STEM doesn't mean that the majority of women aren't smart enough to make their own decisions

Because if you want to be a feminist number one, you have to catch a man on the run!

Because STEM is just mansplaining about natural phenomena.

I am a woman studying STEM. Got tops marks in my class.

Feminists seem to be convinced there aren't many women in STEM because it's full of misogynist men who won't let them get jobs. That's the last thing you should be telling a young girl if you want her to go into STEM.

Check out biology, chemistry and medicine. It's pretty clear that women are in stem. But feminists will bitch and moan because they think everything has to go right through the middle.

non english speaker, don't understand what is happening on this pic

it's a /g/ meme.
some cunt complained about sexist jokes in a conference and got two developers fired or some shit like that.

Psychology is not STEM.

>am a woman studying STEM
>Got tops marks in my class
doubt.jpeg

>sexist jokes being grounds for firing productive employees
oh boy

because

>racism
>sexism
>classism
>ableism
>ageism
>xenophobia
>homophobia
>transphobia
>xirphobia
>patriarchy
>white privilege

im pretty sure im missing a couple hundred other reasons but those are the basic reasons.

>xirphobia
what the fuck is that?

They'd rather go into a field where they can get ahead based on looks rather than skill.

Because women and men are different
Have you ever watched this documentary?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hjernevask

This documentary sounds like it BTFO social """scientists""" as the memes they are. You got an English subtitled link?

It's in YouTube

It is
It shows scientists giving evidence about why something happens
then it shows social "scientists" literally saying "I don't think that's correct"

While the social sciences put out some journals and papers, it's almost all pseudo-scientific claims based on weak research, weak relationships and bad academic practices. It has saturated the entire field with utter nonsense.

It's a shame because there will some who actually follow the scientific method but are let down by the majority of dimwits saturating the authenticity of their field.

The social sciences need a overhaul, and a purge of these continental philosopher tier ""'scientists"""

>Why women don't wanna study STEM even if feminists shill STEM so hard among young girls?

Can't withstand the brazen homosexuality of the typical engineering classroom.

>Why women don't wanna study STEM

Because they don't like it?

Seriously, though....

IF you want more women in STEM, you are going to have to Draft them in forcibly.

>men and women evolve around surviving
>this favors gender roles such as the women as the childbearers raise the kids while the biologically stronger men hunt and provide
>fastforward a few hundred, if not thousand generations
>mens brains evolved more and more around problem solving and women around caring
>therefore its more likely men have technical interests and women more caring interests (engineering vs nurse for instance)
>suddenly technology happens way faster than evolution
>fastforward a couple thousand years today
>humans still pretty much the same

tl;dr feminist dont think about biologically evolved interests and are dumbasses that cant actually look at the facts and want forced equality which is completely retarded

>shill
... and filtered.

Get out of your fucking basements, which I know will be hard to do because you wanna fucking jack off to your anime grils all day. Actually go to a fucking uni and look in the stem classes which will have a few chicks...even if the percentage is low.

(You)
Kek
engineering with average of 90 percent in math, chem, and physics.
Highest mark in my high school physics class.

Get rekt

Industrial Engineering isn't real engineering

>mfw actual science/math threads get little replies on this board compared to /pol/ shit and popsci
>mfw a perfectly good discussion was 404'd in order to make room for this trashheap of a thread
>mfw Veeky Forums would rather have these identity politics threads than talk about actual math/science
really makes you think... who are the real SJWs?

>high school physics

Who are you quoting?

>claims to have 90 average but can't even post a chinese cartoons board correctly
sick community college

First year bachelor of science in engineering

I got 100 percent on like every test

The fuck does that have to do with getting a 90?

>high school physics

Yeah high school physics... you kind of have to go through it to get into engineering, but you probably didn't go to school so I understand.

>I should be impressed you got the highest marks in high school "physics"

Impress me then?

I'm out, I have better things to do then argue with a bunch of virgin trolls who live with their moms

I once did a backflip into a crowd while singing and landed it

My sister claimed she felt dissuaded from taking Physics in school because "society" said girls don't do physics. She's actually an engineer now, but it was the stupidest fucking excuse I ever heard.

Im fucking terrified to google if mansplaining is a real thing good god I hate this world.

>implying it's not

I know stem is a big meme but if you want to be a successful person you need to understand how business psychology works as well.

>mfw actual science/math threads get little replies on this board compared to /pol/ shit and popsci

fucking this
I'm tired of people not actually talking about science related and shit, and shitposting about how one subject is a meme while theirs is the best

Underrated reaction image

>doesn't post pics of grades to confirm.
Women really are subhuman

I think the inability to grasp simple concepts like this imageboard says a lot about your ability to solve more complex concepts.

>even if feminists shill STEM so hard among young girls?
They don't, they say they want more women in STEM but in practice they tend to push girls towards the same humanities careers as themselves.

>who live with their moms

There's literally nothing wrong with this.

Because a man's value is determined by the things he can do, while a woman's value is determined by her youth.

They don't have to learn STEM to succeed in life.

Have you ever walked into any biosomething/medical related class?

There are a lot of women in STEM, is just that they underperform later.

Your dick is bigger than mine.

>"muh" rigor

oh fuck me,he's being a quibbling fuck for sure, but pedantry=/=sexism

Theirs brains arent tuned for constant autistic rational reasoning 24/7. I mean sure girls have really good memories but they dont comprehend most shit in STEM its just beyond their neural format.

was like 5% female graduated my civil engineering class from University. Seen plenty of female engineers in the biz since then. Yeah they aren't the majority but they aren't totally absent either.

My physics classes tend to be around 30% women, my math classes 40%.
Fuck outta here.

i have some bad news user

Idiot. We're not saying women can't be good at stem. We're saying they're not predisposed to being good at stem as much as men are. Likewise, men nurses exist, but men arent naturally attracted to the role.

Because intelligence in women is unattractive, as is any other quality that might threaten a man's sense of superiority - or another woman's. You can't hide good looks or natural talents, but it's easy to pretend to be stupid, so women who are attractive growing up scramble to seem less intimidating to the opposite sex, and they wind up setting the standard that the rest of the girls follow; plus if you're smarter than the ruling alpha bitch you'll be ostracized for "making her look bad", so you're trained to keep your head down.

How many times do you think I've had to witness a dumb bitch with a dumber child stuffed into a sparkly pink shirt that says "I'm Too Cute To Do Math"? The majority of women are heterosexual, and the majority of men would rather feel smart in front of a woman, and women do almost nothing but mold themselves into desireable objects & shit on women who don't. It's not that hard to figure out.

If you want more women in STEM, ineptitude in mathematics must become seen as ugly or disgusting. No one would find it cute if an adult woman said "tee hee, I can't read at all, letters are too difficult for me!" and men who are into that kind of thing are treated - properly - as fetishists. If math skills were treated the same way, the problem would eventually fix itself.

It's never going to happen because men will never stop rewarding women with resources and offspring for being fucking retarded, and women as a whole are incapable of changing for the better for the sake of being better people. Women lack the willpower, motivation, and strength of character to change themselves and men have no real motive to force them to.

The world is disgusting and we're all going to die ugly and alone someday, so give up on your idealism and take up alcoholism if you want life to be enjoyable.

High school teacher here... Who posted in the other thread.

Women don't go into STEM because universities offer a billion different degrees. Despite their high school teachers telling them to go into STEM.

Mathematics isn't interesting for as many woman compared to as many men and that idea holds true for physics, most fields of engineering, and chemistry. It's not because women can't think in that way, it's because they don't want to spend 4 years in something that may have questionable prospects of getting a job. Obviously the ultra dumb women go into gender studies and things that are useless on the arts side.

Even then... Stacey who sucks 10 different dicks throughout the week has no time to solve all the problems in quantum mechanics 101 compared to Tiffany who spends all week studying the subject getting A's.

Poster just above yours, you reminded me of another thing I'd happily spew bile about for hours: in your example, Tiffany is the loser for wasting her prime reproductive years failing to mate and Stacey is the winner for mastering sex. There's no way to alter that kind of biological reality.

I mean, apart from dosing everyone with a substance that delays the onset of puberty... oh well.

Because it goes against a womans nature

Feminists can shill all they want, what happens is 90% of the women enter a STEM course, realize it's garbage, then go major in nursing or biology instead

It's true, men from all walks of life would see Stacey as the winner compared to Tiffany.

But I think society (Western at least) has realised that social welfare will look after you to keep you alive. If you hold a stable job and do whatever it doesn't matter. Most people are going to be hedonistic about these kinds of things so of course Stacey would win out.

shit meem

>why don't women study stem?
>could it be because men in stem treat them poorly?
>no, it's because women suck and are bad

ITT: a deep, almost laughable unwillingness to attempt inwards examination

>>could it be because men in stem treat them poorly?

What is these meme?
So much of my department's resources gets used for "Women in STEM" programs. Women get more time with professors. Dedicated tutoring programs.
If a woman get past sophomore year STEM, people worship the ground she walks on.

have you not looked at this thread, my dude? here I'll help you

I'm and but I wanted to follow up.

What I'm saying is, I don't deny that there exist institutional structures in place to incentivize women to get into stem. But no attention is payed to how toxic the culture is. Look at all these comments about how women are somehow inherently inferior to men at stem. Why would a women want to go into a field dominated by people who demean them this way? It's laughable that you and others are blind to the effects of your behavior when you ask the question of why women aren't in stem.

Autists on Veeky Forums are not representative of ANYTHING, you brainlette.

on what grounds do you make this assumption? maybe it's just that you're used to feeling powerless, but toxic culture is quite pervasive in the sciences. Quite recently I went to a state of the art bioinformatics conference with a panel about this very question. The general conceptions there echoed what I'm seeing here. Watered down of course, and hidden in coded language. But it boiled down to the same thing: tacit (or sometimes overt) disrespect towards women and their abilities, and a complete blindness towards the idea that culture might be the problem.

You seem to lack any experience regarding STEM. There is no culture, there are people, and people like to be ahead, feel superior, dominate and mock weaker people. It sucks just as much for men to be in STEM, guess what, noone cares. And uni is the easy part, if you fuck up in real life, people might die and your career and life is ruined. What do you care more about, friendly work culture or the car you drive not exploding?

>how toxic the culture is

this is total bullshit. Throughout University and now in the professional world I have never witnessed or heard of any "toxic culture".

Women were treated no different, are treated no different.

For fucks sake its a god damn science field, the people smart enough to be in these fields aren't your Neanderthal type redneck republicans with backward views on women.

Stop pushing your SJW feminazi excuses into spheres they don't need apply.

It's funny because actual misogynistic societies like Egypt and Iran produce the largest rates of women in STEM, sometimes in larger numbers than even men, while Finland, arguably the most or one of the most feminist country in the world, sits at one of the lowest rate of women in STEM, at something like only 10%. Look it up for yourself.

In shithole countries, women see it as a way to get above the misogyny and make a better life for themselves. In countries with more freedom, it's almost like we see instead where their interests truly lie... (psychology, childhood education, etc).

It has nothing to do with oppression.

Egypt isn't a misogynistic country. On the contrary, Egyptian chicks have the most rights in the whole region, even over Israel.
A women in Egypt is completely free to be and do whatever she wants, and as long as she takes the entrance exams and does well she can go into any field she wants as well.
pls don't lump us in with the towel heads and kikes, I've been all around the Mid.East and Egypt is by far the best country in the region.
t. Egyptian-americuck getting Ph.D in Pharmacology.

>Toxic culture
Are you retarded? There was ONE girl in my senior-level pharmacology in class in undergrad and everyone including the professor were on their knees for her.
She later dropped the class after failing the first exam.
Women don't like intuitive fields, they tend to stick to medicine, bio and chem because you can just memorize your way through.
Engineering schools literally have easier acceptance standards for women these days and they're still not turning up.
I have a friend from HS who got accepted into Cornell's Chem E program with a fucking 85 avg (Didn't take a single AP too) and ~1700 on the SAT.
She switched to psychology with a sociology minor after freshman year because she got a C in Calc I and failed Calc II.
Stop with this fucking meme. No one is oppressing women, they're oppressing themselves.

>t. people should be ok when I force my gender into their fields.
Must be cozy in your ivory tower

We all have dreams femanon but it is important to be able to distinguish reality from fantasies.

>on what grounds do you make this assumption?
On the grounds that the entire site is generally 'toxic' despite the vast majority of the topics having absolutely nothing to do with STEM. The culture of this site is generally to be negative and crude, how the fuck can you expect to discern any real represention of STEM culture from this?

They do want to study certain stem subjects, mainly in the biological or health sciences.