Could Veeky Forums teach me please how to make Subway's tuna sandwich...

Could Veeky Forums teach me please how to make Subway's tuna sandwich? This used to be one of my favorite sandwiches but I moved and the closest Subway is like a mile away and I miss it.

I went to Costco today to buy some canned tuna but was overwhelmed with options and didn't buy anything :(

What type of tuna should I buy to replicate what Subway makes? Is it light, in oil, etc (don't even remember all the choices from Costco). Which one do they use?

And what do I mix into tuna after I drain the water from the can... is it mayo? Something else?

Thanks for any guidance!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5vIUdKKkH8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can only help a little.

Tuna salad mix for tuna sandwiches is typically mayo and tuna. I would bet that subway makes their tuna salad mix with some ungodly unhealthy bulk extra thick extra death mayo.

I looked it up a while ago but hadn't tried it; mayo, salt, lemon juice. Let it sit in the fridge for a bit. IDK the ratios.

No idea how unhealthy their mayo is but I'm a lanky guy so I don't really give a damn. I only eat it occasionally anyway.

Thanks user.

Now, could someone please teach us about types of tuna... I don't wanna buy 2 dozen cans of something that will taste nothing like the stuff I'm used to eating...

>like a mile away

You don't mean one mile, right? You mean like a million miles away?

I worked in a Subway that was inside a Walmart superstore and we had our tuna come in these air tight bags and the tuna inside was a dry chunk you had to break apart and add three cups of the bag of mayonnaise you had and mix it with a gloved hand. That was it. Sometimes we ran out of regular mayo because of the walmart lardasses so we used lite mayo.

Noticed this too....a mile is walking distance, like 15 minute walking distance. Maybe its a mile through boiling lava?

Worked in one too, maybe 6 years ago. But ours used the whole bag of mayo, boss said they were portioned at a 1 to 1 ratio so 1 bag of mayo to 1 bag of tuna

don't have a car. it's def over a mile and it's in a direction that I never go to so there's no point in me going there just to buy a sub.

>1:1 mayo to tuna

Christ, you've got to be kidding. No wonder most of our country are diabetic lardasses when they've been sold on the idea that's healthy fast food.

Will the sheep of this country ever wake up?

>a mile

Jesus fucking Christ you are a lazy son of a bitch, and dumb too. You buy the cheapest possible tuna you can find packed in water, because I guarantee that's what subway uses. Mix it with light no name miracle whip, because that's what subway uses. Buy whatever tuna you want, but I strongly suggest you get skipjack in water. They are cheaper, and it's a smaller fish with less heavy metal content. Buy olive oil miracle whip, because if you have to use that shit, at least get the best option. Don't add too much mayo at once. Start with 2 parts tuna and 1 part mayo, and then add more if you want. Use salt and pepper to taste. A little lemon juice wouldn't hurt either.

Subway switched to light mayo over 10 years ago. Their regular and light mayo are both light mayo.

It was one of our most popular sandwhiches

>mayo, salt, lemon juice.
This is in fact how you make all meat salads. Pepper is good too, as is celery seed. You can add your choice of firm fruit or vegetable bits for flavor and texture.

alright faam i got you
>1 can of tuna
>1 tlbspn of mayo
>1 tlbspn of sriracha
>2 stock green onion, finely diced
>pepper to taste
>cilantro if u want
never buy any other canned tuna besides Kirkland brand or Geisha brand tuna

not subway style but its my fav

I always like adding a tiny bit of relish into the mix

>>mayo, salt, lemon juice.
maybe mustard instead of lemon
but then the vegs you like
pickles on top, or pickle relish mixed in are good

How far is costco in comparison to subway?

Maybe he's got a bum leg? I've done a half-mile on crutches once and that was akin to torture.

>don't have a car
>in a direction I never go to
>jonesin' for a tuna sandwich

Nothing about your life seems appetizing so far. Please, toss out some brags about yourself so I don't go to sleep depressed about the life of user.

This nigga is asking the real questions.

Who the fuck goes to Costco without a car? Do you just to walk home carrying a ten pack of tuna cans and a tub of mayonnaise, or do you take groceries home on the bus?

Did you buy a Costco card just to eat at the food court?

I'm legit fascinated with your life now.

kek'd. I'm just your average student stuck on a campus that doesn't have too many amenities. nothing major user. no need to worry about me. there's plenty of other fast food joints around but no Subway. there's Quiznos, which is kinda similar, but their sandwiches are much more expensive.

>How far is costco in comparison to subway?
costco is few miles the other way. there's plenty of subways in that part of the town too. I go there with a friend who has a car and then I stock up on food for like a month.

>Who the fuck goes to Costco without a car? Do you just to walk home carrying a ten pack of tuna cans and a tub of mayonnaise, or do you take groceries home on the bus?
>Did you buy a Costco card just to eat at the food court?
>I'm legit fascinated with your life now.
See above. Nothing really that depressing. I rarely take a bus when I'm on campus.

Get a bike dude that's like just a couple minutes away. Seriously.

t. bikefag

it's winter. it's cold. I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself due to ice on roads.

If subway is too far then make your own shit OP

Pickles and carrots add some good crunch to tuna salad. mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. a little hot sauce.

a smaller amount of real mayo will taste better than a larger amount of "miracle whip"

add whatever fucking cheese you want. but you need a toaster oven or and oven to melt it. Microwave will ruin your shit.

If you REALLY want to imitate subway then it's more about the bread than the tuna spread.

Pro-tip: For those that like a little crunch, add giardiniera to your tuna. GOAT mix in.

I will tell you how to have a better experience than Subway, my brother.

For Tuna try for smoked tuna (fillets or chunks) in olive oil (if no smoked just in olive oil is fine), then take out of the can and if you wish drain all of the oil or half (what I do, you can add less mayo if you keep some), dice onions and mix together the diced onions, tuna, half a lemon, mayonnaise (max a table spoon per can), salt, pepper and that's all required but I personally like to add some diced tomato and chili powder, sometimes celery when available.

I hope this helped and if not sorry to not be more helpful, my friend.

I should add that parsley is great with tuna and I use it when available (I have parsley growing but I buy every now and then)

ALRIGHT YOU STUPID FAGGOTS

U READY FOR BEST TUNA SANDWICH

I GIVE FOR YOU NIGGERS

ITS JAP MAYO THAT MAKES IT STRAIGHT FIRE BRO

IVE ATTACHED A LARGE IMAGE SO YOU DONT FORGET KEWPIE IS BIS

have you tried the mcchicken?

This shows up close the tuna subway uses, OP. And from the two subway employees input on this thread, I'm guessing just get the similar tuna and add it 1:1 or a little less with some light mayo.

youtube.com/watch?v=R5vIUdKKkH8

This is the best mayonaise

THIS. Take the McPill OP.

I like the seafood sensation that uses the imitation crab meat

he probably lives in the middle of a city or some shit. spoiled bastards. the closest restaurant to me is like a mile away

he's a student. prolly lives on/near a campus, Cletus.

I use tuna, mayo, lemon juice, a bit of dill relish, and maybe some pepper to make mine

The relish gives it a nice crunch