How does Veeky Forums feel about Stephen King?

How does Veeky Forums feel about Stephen King?

he's great the long walk had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. what did garrity win

Maybe 10% of his entire ouvre, however many thousands of pages that is, is memorable, and mostly in the comfy sense and not the actual literary merit sense.

Could you explain?

>long walk had me on the edge of my seat the entire time
Hahahah
> what did garrity win
The misfortune of being in a Stephen King novel

IT and Misery are great, others are okay, lots are shit.
He writes about the past a lot better than the present, Dr Sleep and Mr Mercedes were cringy as fuck.
His non horror stuff like The Body and Shawshank are also really good.

Steven King wrote X amount of books.
Out of X, Y amount of those books aren't predictably formulaic, completely plot-driven, reliant on shock value or horrific ambiguity, or involve killer clowns, aliens, forced magic, deus ex machina, etc.
The remaining (Y) is memorable, readable, comfy, and entertaining, but they aren't about to impress anyone with their prose/themes/characterization/psychology/philosophy/structure/etc

The guy's alright but I fucking hate it when authors get so big that their name labels are bigger than the actual book title.

Do you samefag this in every thread?

Not who you're replying to but I'm also curious...

The book fucking ends right before he says what his one wish is

Pretty good. He realized at a certain point in his career the role he was being asked to play in popular culture and embraced it in spite of a desire to do more.

Seems pretty likeable in his interviews and speeches too.

Whats wrong with his face

dude come on. he's fucking trash.

Possibly the most boring and most completely commercialized author of our age. He's not horrible and had some good stuff in his younger days but he hasn't written anything interesting in what, like 30 years?

Nah man. You've gotta focus on his short stories, that's where he works his craft. Not his novels, those are his cash cow.

He's fine. I don't like horror but I respect how prolific he is, from the "writers write" meme standpoint.

Liked him when I was younger but not because he's scary but more because he writes good characters, his prose is subpar though and his novels are often so fucking long, not even in a good way, he's often just rambling on and on and then the ending is often pretty shit because he had no plan after all but had to finish it somehow

Wouldn't read him today because I don't have the time for it, or better said I don't think it would be worth the time, there are so many authors out there who are worth reading instead

Misery was good though, read it in Highschool

I grew up on him and love his work. One of the best writers of this generation.

Didn't read Revival or Dr Sleep.

Poor child.

I understand how pleb he is but there is something about his writing I find irresistible. Basic, blunt and with a tinge of humorous irony.

>stop liking what I don't like!

This is such a big pet peeve of mine.

it and the stand are top bookkino