I get a thousand bucks a month in disability cheques thanks to schizophrenia

I get a thousand bucks a month in disability cheques thanks to schizophrenia.

Once my mother dies I'll most likely end up homeless because that shit is not enough to live on yo.

In the meantime, would it make mathematical sense to blow all of it every month on mega millions and various other high pay out lotteries?

pic unrelated but doggies are cute

Other urls found in this thread:

entrepreneur.com/article/227319
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

Your best bet is to probably buy an apartment somewhere to supplement your disability checks with rent income. Or you could stop being a lazy nigger and get a job.

It makes more sense to blow it all on heroin, that way when you overdose you'll solve two problems with one stone:
>You won't have to worry about being homeless
>We won't have to worry about your faggoty threads.

No. While you're still under some financial care from your mother, it makes the most sense to put every dollar you get from the government into a mutual fund or an index fund so that your assets compound over time -- the sooner you do this, the more money you will have.

Once your mother dies, participate in scientific studies that will pay you, I'm sure there are many neurological research endeavors pertaining to schizophrenia.

But it's all going to be spent anyway.
>"buy" an apartment with $1000/month disability cheques and rent it out
Where? Cambodia?

user people with good paying jobs are doomed to being rent slaves in this economy.

I've considered this and I'll probably go down this path eventually.
Schizophrenia studies don't pay enough to live on. I've done them. They basically pay for the taxi ride back and forth and some lunch.

>not enough to live on
Rent an office space in a combo residential/working zone and live in it. It'll run you like $150/month and it's technically legal to live in

If I was getting $1000/month I would buy a few acres of cheap land in a rural area and put a tiny off the grid house on it. If you don't require constant medical care this might be a good option.

that sounds like bullshit considering retail/commercial properties for rent are usually 10x as expensive than residential ones
hmm seems like something to consider but then again rural living in the boonies is difficult enoygh for normal well adjusted people as it is I don't know how that would be a good option for me

Stock market you idiot.

erm maybe if I dumped $1k into an index fund for 20 years straight but I don't have that much time

The average return from the stock market is 10%. it doesnt take long to get a return. really only a year

Assume the probability of winning the Mega Millions jackpot is 1 in 259 million (found on Google), and that each ticket costs $1.00 (also found on Google, don't know if tax exists on these because I never play), then we can see how not worth-it it is.

Each month you can purchase 1,000 tickets, representing a 0.0003861% chance of winning the lottery. 1,000,000 lottery tickets which represents an investment of $1million into this endeavor grants a 0.39% of winning. Not many millionaires would stake their money on odds like these.

Personally, I'd rather participate in sports-betting.

I've got three words for you: Move to Mexico

I understand you're mentally handicapped but can you summarize your monthly expenses and how is it possible not to live on $1000/month?

He could probably get 200+ in food stamps as well

>how is it not possible to live in presumably the United States on $12k a year

Not even him but c'mon.

>In the meantime, would it make mathematical sense to blow all of it every month on mega millions and various other high pay out lotteries?
No that's super dumb.

Enlighten me. I cannot fathom the negligence involved to spend that much.

Have you never paid rent? Bought groceries? Needed to set aside x amount of money for gas and car repairs because you can only afford to live in boonies which requires a car to get back and forth to work?

He is unemployed and has no car.

Might I ask why you're incapable of working? I'm genuinely curious as to how your disability affects your capacity to do so.

most people waste a huge amount of money on food and at least one other thing.
still, 12k is not a lot to work with. He may have to pay a high price for his medication on top of rent, which would most likely be at least 6k.

Can you give a run down of your own annual expenses? We might all learn something

seconded

op here

basically I can work per se but I'm incapable of maintaining consistent employment

I'm always three bad days away from a bad psychotic break that involves weeks in a in patient facility along with subsequent rehabilitation along with all the other bullshit that comes with a psychotic shitstorm where I'm forever discredited even if I were to return to an old job

it makes maintaining any kind of a career nigh impossible

To make matters worse I have a cs degree but the only jobs I can maintain without the stress consuming me is low tier low stress menial shit for starvation wages

imagine being on the brink of a complete life reset constantly

well it looks like you're gonna have to sell your phone and your internet and your car. rent the cheapest place you can and eating nothing but rice and chicken in bulk

I worked for $500/month and lived comfortably.

Also forgot I'm currently living off of savings from that time.

(You)

supplement your income by doing online programming jobs for github or something similar

what country/ state? how much is your rent? what do you eat? do you have a car? city or country?
I also like to minimize expenses, and I'd like to know more about your lifestyle, particularly your accommodation situation...

He "lived on $500/month" in his mother's basement.

maybe so, but if not then I'd like to know how he did it.

60000 reichsmarks to get euthanized?

should have been done for free

shitler couldn't do anything right

unless 60000 reichsmarks means the savings from such a procedure

invest in a marketable skill that can get you a job, faggot

Take your meds and stop having psychotic outbreaks you fucking retard, it's not that hard
Also you can live no problems with 1000 a month if you don't waste it on drugs like I suppose you're doing since your such a mess of a retard

I dont do drugs and i take my meds, but thanks for the advice!

>To make matters worse I have a cs degree
I'm so sorry

Not bullshit. You can find small office spaces for lease for way cheaper than it costs to pay rent on an apartment.

entrepreneur.com/article/227319
In a place like Long Island New York you'd be paying $21 per sq ft of space. Get a small office around 25 sq ft and you're paying $525 per month. In fucking NY. Go to a different place like a suburban area where the cost of living isn't so high, like a county on the outskirts of New York or Washington DC for example and the office space will be even cheaper. You could realistically find a small office space which runs you under $200. Or you could find a big office space that runs you a little bit more. The places are typically already outfitted with electricity, carpeting etc. And utilities are included with rent because the whole building runs together as a unit. You can throw an air mattress in there, a tv, and you might even get free WiFi from the other people running legitimate offices there. I'd also probably put a desk and chair by the front door to seem legit in case your landlord tries to say something.

Combo that with a gym membership so you have a place to shower and you're golden.

I'm not doing this, but if I was ever on the verge of becoming homeless or incredibly low on money this is exactly what I would do.

Eastern EU.
No rent only taxes on house.
Home cooked food.
No car.
Country.

Pretty fucking comfy.

Of course you can live on that much if you already own a house, retard. Almost everyone in a situation where they're living on under 1k/month will not own any property.

Sorry for not taking loans and wasting money on useless shit.

Please move this thread to Veeky Forums

This is the answer if you aren't retarded. Do this and invest the rest.

>Eastern EU
well no shit, it is a hell of a lot easier to get by out there compared with most of the western world.

>home cooked food
ok, good

>no car
>country

what do you do for work?

>what do you do for work?
What is public transportation.

>a thousand bucks a month
>is not enough to live on
... yet millions do it

oh mr. tesla how may we serve you?

Why don't you just get a low stress job to supplement your SSI?

It was my understanding that schizophrenics could be functional with medication and CBT.

30 hours a week low stress minimum wage + $1000 SSI is more than enough to live on your own in rural areas.