Drive Thru SUCKS

Anyone else here prefer to go into fast food restaurants instead of using the drive thru, even if it's really close to home?

Advantages:

1) not stinking up your car or risking spilling a soda in it.
2) Get to eat your food piping hot
3) Can easily go back to the counter if something is wrong/you want more
4) Free refills

Disadvantages:

NONE

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2016/03/30/now-testing-mobile-ordering-on-the-mcdonalds-app/#723d2c792c17
youtube.com/watch?v=35_gqko2xoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sit in line instead of stand in line.

>Drive through gets priority in terms of service speed
>get to listen to radio and eat in my car

>Burn gas instead of calories

>Both get same priority. In fact, it's easier for them to ignore some schmuck in a car than someone standing in their face
>Wear headphones if you like music so much, and don't stink up your car

You can't refute this logic.

I agree OP drive thru is for faggot chump retards

>Both get same priority. In fact, it's easier for them to ignore some schmuck in a car than someone standing in their face

Nope, drive-thru lines are timed and they are basically the main metric by which corporate chains judge a franchise without a physical inspection. Managers (and employees at non-shitty places) also have their bonuses tied to drive-thru times.
In store service is not timed. Atleast it wasn't 10 years ago when I had my first job.

never claimed is a strong point.
But it is an advantage, even if a crappy one.

A stronger advantage is no screaming running kids. I avoid McDonalds because seriously, entering that place I feel like I enter monkey pen at a zoo.

This. If you use the drive-thru they get your shit to you FAST. 30 seconds or less. Go inside to order and they'll get to it whenever they feel like. You'll spend 10 minutes waiting.

Ordering inside is for cucks.

OP BTFO

This is simply not reality. If you get behind diabetic trailer trash with 8 kids in the van or just lazy employees, you could be waiting 15-20 minutes. This happens all the time. The employees are SUPPOSED to tell these types to pull ahead or park and their order will be brought out to them, just this often times does not happen.

They ALWAYS tell the person to move ahead, but sometimes you get assholes that won't move because they don't understand that their food is being cooked.

I fucking HAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaate drive-thrus. I can seldom hear them well or they can't hear me well or, most common of all, they barely speak English, instead speaking some garbled guttermonkey dialect far removed from even regular AAVE.
I know that drive-thru customers get their orders more speedily than do walk-ins, but thankfully, I don't eat fast-food often enough where using them would save me a lot of time.

However, I would happily use a drive-thru if there were a blue-tooth enabled app where-in once I get in front of the displays that tell me what the restaurant has, I tap my order in on my phone and it goes through to the workers inside with no fuss. I suspect it would not only speed up efficiency and accuracy but also open up the drive-thru to a currently untapped potential drive-thru consumer base: the deaf, the hard-of-hearing and those with other communications difficulties, such as stroke sufferers and others.
Some fast food chain really ought to get on that shit.

I knew I wasn't crazy and that they go much faster for drive-thrus than they do for walk-ins. Motherfuckers.

I don't like eating in my car. I never go to drive thrus.

They need to continue telling them until they move. This "Customer is always right!" bullshit needs to stop. If people want to act like fucking children, they need to be treated like children. Proper customer service is one thing, wiping customer assholes after they shit is entirely different.

OP clearly does not have children.

Advantages:
>don't have to unbuckle kid(s)
>don't have to worry about them getting run over in the parking lot
>don't have to try to hold a 3 year old's hand while balancing a hot or cold beverage with a bag of food in your mouth and your car keys precariously held in your armpit

DT cashier here, like half of the people that come through have kids or babies or dogs with them.

You never worked for Whataburger.

>Please pull up ro the window and wait 30 minutes, sir.

Fuck that worthless chain.

In my experience, actually going inside is far quicker. Maybe it's just my area (flyoverland) but the drive-thru for almost any fast food place around here is usually swamped, 20 vehicles deep at least, and not moving. All the lazy assholes use the drive-thru because actually exiting the vehicle is far too arduous a feat. If you do actually go inside you will often find there is no line at all.

>2017
>Having children

It's not our fault that you fucked up. Enjoy your entire paycheck going to those kids for the next 18 years, and that's if you lucky.

enjoy being alone and full of regret when from your mid 60's till the day you mercifully die.

Most fast food places will have at least two full lines worth of equipment. During peak business times they'll have two crews making food so they can serve the lobby and DT at the same time.
During slower business times they'll only have one crew working and switch back and forth between lobby and DT orders.

>Implying your kids won't move across the country and do the same to you

You can always spill soda on something don't be a clutz. Don't reccircle the A/C while something smells in it. It's like you don't even own a car.

How in the fuck do you get cold food inn drive through. It's only cold if you drive it home which is the same result with any order to go from the counter.

I don't need to go to the counter. I check, and they RUSH to get it right because everything stops and if not, I get it brought to my car.

So you're that kind of nigger, asking for refills when you eat inside, eh? Then you can be the kinda nigger that walks from where he parked out front to get the refill too.

Disadvantages of eating inside:

People see you eat the kind of shit you can get at a drive thru.

>If you use the drive-thru they get your shit to you FAST. 30 seconds or less.

What parallel dream universe is this
I've never had a drive-thru anywhere near that fast, not even when I'm rolling in during graveyard shift and I'm literally the only customer

Taco Bell has the fastest DT times that any company asks for, iirc. 2 minutes, on average, from when the customer pulls up to order to when they roll off with their food.
This includes the time they spent UMMMMing and HMMMing because "I haven't been to Taco Bell in 10 years, everything is so different, do you still have Mexinuggets?" Headset operators get coached on "encouraging" people to hurry up with their order.

>t. Mommy and Daddy Issues

OP Here, just thought of another advantage of eating inside:

At a place like Taco Bell, I can lift as many fire sauce packs as I want. Sometimes I'll shovel like 40 onto my tray, sit down, use 8, and take 32 home with me for use on food I make at home.

You're such a nigger.

Nope, just smart. Reducing their profit margins with all dem free refills, fire sauce, and having to maintain a dining area/restrooms, causing them to raise the price for all the drive thru cucks.

You know who is smarter?

The execs that decided to leave it accessible so you don't think about the mark up on your soda.

Keep taking them, you'll never make up the difference. Better hot sauce is a dollar a bottle.

>It's like you don't even own a car.

I own a nice car, which is why I don't use the drive thru.

Enjoy your greasy steering wheel, fries dropped between the seat and console, and mayo-covered lettuce dropped on the seat between your legs.

I mean....do you even use napkins? It's obvious you eat like a 4yr old and think burgers and tacos are the only drive thru ever despite allegedly owning a "nice"car, so you should integrate them into your hot sauce packet stealing routine too. You can fill your nice car up with hit sauce packets and napkins so you feel less greasy and extra smart when cooking with taco bell hot sauce at home.

>dirty tables and booths
>sticky floors
>squealing kids
>shouting parents
>miserable employees
>300 lb women in yoga pants
fuck all that
I'll stick to the drive thru

If I have time to sit in a place to enjoy my meal, I'm sure as shit not going to be eating at some fast food shit hole.

so dont go three faggot

I already do take extra napkins, I just forgot to mention it. I use them as tissues for when I'm in my car.

No way I'm buying those stupid mini-packs of tissues. Those things are a rip.

Right, have a lot of idiots hold up the drive thru because they don't know how to use their phones or the app, even with piss easy graphic step-by-step night to the menu. People would hold up the line and you'd have to have a McIT guy standing next to the thing speaker anyway and help the idiots out.

No one said to get rid of the speaker box, just to add an app. Or, you know what? How about being able to order /before you leave the house/ and have a McWorker bring it to your car when you get there, like the Shop From Home app shit so many supermarkets do now.

>McDonald’s has been lagging behind competition in its digital initiatives. As the company increases its focus on technology as part of its transformation program, it should see a positive impact on sales and customer traffic in future.
>McDonald’s will soon be launching a rewards program and mobile ordering should complement this initiative.
>forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2016/03/30/now-testing-mobile-ordering-on-the-mcdonalds-app/#723d2c792c17

Hurray!
Only I don't really like McDonald's much. Still glad someone's doing it. What I wanna know, though, is this: the article says McDo is lagging behind competition when it comes to tech, right? So which companies are already doing this?

Yes. Eating in your car is degenerate.

Just look at that fat fuck Joey

>feeding your children garbage

You should've been sterilised

again, clearly somebody who has no children.

i don't mind the drive thru if line is short

but in the morning rush for crappy coffees, and gross food when there's a line around the block of cars, i usually make a note of which car is on the end and go inside to the counter where's no line to order my bad tasting black coffee

usually they've only moved 3 or 4 spots and i'm lmaoing at all their fat, pathetic lives

my children don't know what fast food is because i'm not a shitty parent

why not just get a coffee maker

implying that only "fast food" is available in a drive thu

but unless you're making your own hummus and babyfood from raw vegetables in your vitamix, you're just another fucking hypocrite.

beer is the only thing i can think of that's not fast food

and buying hummus and baby food is what poor retards do

McDonald’s sources its fresh ingredients from the same places my supermarket does. Bagged Greens? Yes. Blueberries from the Central Valley? Done. Major Brand Apple Slices? You got it. Also, the egg McMuffins are made with eggs that are cracked right onto the griddle. Sure the strawberry banana smoothie has a lot of sugar in it, but so do smoothies everywhere else and the ones at McDonald’s have the most vitamin C. For the record, my kids order the small strawberry-banana smoothie which is a 12 oz drink clocking in at 210 calories.Not to mention the fruit and walnut salad, a great snack for kids. It is the most hidden item on the menu. Even most employees don’t realize it’s there, but if you ask for it by name, they can find it. Above all, the kitchens and pantries at McDonald’s are immaculate.

you've never decided to press the sleep button for 45 minutes instead of getting up and making coffee?

there's this mysterious beverage called coffee available at drive thrus nationwide.

and no, buying hummus and babyfood is what people who actually have jobs and don't have 13 hours a day to make everything for their children do. And unless your kid has been lobotomized or beaten senselessly into submission, you're aware that kids will randomly decide to like, dislike, or go on a kick where they will only eat one thing for weeks. All the more proof that you're a kidless liar.

children don't drink coffee, genius

and if you have time to shitpost on Veeky Forums, then you have time to blend 13 milliliters of vegetables for 20 seconds

>local McDonald suppose to have one of these
>went there it wasn't there
>find out from employees that it confused too many people and people smashed it cause of it

Wtf, all you guys eat your food in your car? Everytime I use the drive thru I just order my shit, and drive home, sit in front of my pc and eat there while enjoying a nice tv show or something. Eating in a car is boring as fuck isn't it.

Cold brew the night before, you degenerate.

taco bell already does this

I can watch a movie in my car, browse the internet, and infinite possibilities, what seperates that from sitting in front of your PC, you mobile luddite?

>press the sleep button for 45 minutes instead of getting up and making coffee

yet you have time to wait in line for 10 minutes at a drive thru to get coffee?

i like to really focus on the taste of my food. i wouldn't dare mindlessly eat my McDonalds while watching TV or shitposting.

It's not as comfy as your couch, afterwards when you are stuffed you still have to drive home and can't just relax in the walls of your home reminiscing about the shit fast food you just ate.

Yeah, I do have kids, and I don't feed them fucking fast food.

"But...but...It's cheep and eezee!!!!!!"

Man the fuck up and start buying healthy foods and preparing them actual meals. You created them, now take fucking care of them.

You're less likely to get jacked behind closed doors rather than out in the open and in a parking lot.

This.

You can get in and out while the cuck-thru line has hardly moved. People are lazy and don't want to actually go inside. If you do you usually find their is no line.

The shilling is real as fuck

When I go inside I can use the Free WiFi.

Also when I order my food I stand right there at the counter and wait for them to give me my food. I make eye contact, letting them know im not simply distracted by my phone or music and that I am keeping track of them.

I wait a slight bit longer than the drive thru but I never get the food late

Also I DONT have a CAR so I have no reason to go through the drive through.

> I actually walk to the restaurant, bike there, or catch the bus back to leave that part of town.

...I wonder
guys... is it possible to walk through the Drive Through?

Because sometimes the store lobby is closed but the Drive Thru is still open and maybe I want some food but I dont got a car.

My dude, if you're willing to stop and actually go inside for (by your own admission) shitty coffee, why not actually stop and go inside a dedicated coffeehouse (bonus if it's non-chain) and get a cup of something of better quality?

20 Chicken Nuggets for like 6 fucking bucks

- You can but a whole bag of Chicken Tendies for the same price

> Tendies > Nuggets
And also you get more (about 1.5 pounds).

I buy Tendies on food stamps and stick em in steak sauce.

1) not stinking up your car or risking spilling a soda in it.
>stinking up your car? Food smell doesn't last. Also, car windows roll down, dumbass.
>Risking spilling soda? What are you, a child?
2) Get to eat your food piping hot
>why would it be any less hot from the drive thru?
3) Can easily go back to the counter if something is wrong/you want more
>check your order before pulling away.
>If you had a special request and have to unwrap and take the top off of your burger/sandwich then so be it, but again what are you, a child?
4) Free refills
>You got me there but I personally rarely drink soda and when I do, one is plenty

Disadvantages:
>have you ever been in a fast food restaurant? They are terrible places to spend any amount of time
>kids everywhere
>loud as fuck
>booths and tables always uncomfortable and dirty, wiped down with a dirty rag
>car is infinitely more comfortable

I would much rather eat peacefully in my car, listening to the radio or a podcast. OP, you really are a dumbass

or ya know... make it at home in 5 minutes

because i leave for work before 5 am
only chains are open unless i want to drive way out of my way, which i won't want to do if i'm already running late

not everyone lives in the exact same area and has the same schedule you know

i work outside in canadian winter, cold brew can fuck right off

are you stupid? i said i DON'T wait 10 minutes, i just go in and grab one

'Murga

It's probably fine to walk through the drive through, but you should be very embarrassed to do so. I mean how fucking badly do you want that shitty Big Mac™ at 2AM?

Can't you just ride your rascal, fatass?

It's not. Most chains have a policy that you can't serve anyone not in a car.
Shit like this is why:
youtube.com/watch?v=35_gqko2xoc

Every now and then I have to deal with some pissed off guy on a motorcycle who's mad that we won't serve him.

Who actually goes inside a Mig Donaltz to sit and eat? They usually have some right-wing Fox Cuck News blasting on the TV's and all the old flyovers sitting there masturbating as they eat their cheeseburgs covered in ketchup and believe everything they see on the screen.

Where the fuck do you live that the fast food places have TVs?

i've never not been served on a motorcycle

i'd be pissed off too

>Feeding your kids processed hormonal feedlot nuggers

Or you could spend less and buy real food to feed them (oats, rice, beans, potatoes).

Most places won't allow it, even on a bike.

>Working outside
>During winter

Maybe you should have gone to school and qualified yourself for employment better than construction or some flyover surveying bullshit.

then cry to the corporate office instead of giving me shit about it, you fucking prick. it's not worth my job to serve some loud asshole on a bike

Why can't you serve motorcycle riders? That's a vehicle. They may have a backpack or cargo bin to put the food in.

Fucking kek

>Have you ever been so hoodrat you yank the other nigger clean out of the drive-thru window by her weave

Pretty much ever McDonald's has televisions in the dining room and they are usually turned to Fox News or Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly because old people love McDonald's and tend to be conservative (especially in flyoverland).

i love my job

i just don't want to drink cold coffee at it

is that okay?

new copypasta?

>stuffed
Stop being fat.

I currently have two pistols and a rifle with two 30 round detachable magazines in my car. Also I don't live in Mogadishu, Detroit, MI.

I like to watch tv at home and eat

>Muh gun

A lot of good those will be when some crackhead gets the drop on you at your window because you were too busy watching Thomas the Tank Engine on your laptop.

>Laptop

Bitch, I got a custom script to overwrite the gimp job done on my infotainment center, it plays right in the dash.

>gets a drop

Again, I don't live in an impoverished ghetto, and I have great situational awareness. Sorry for your shitty life and senses.

Oh, right, no one could EVER get the drop on you. You're far to fucking BADASS. Go on, post the Navy SEAL copypasta is you need to.

So angry, I'm keeping an eye on you.

I don't like to go inside where people can see me.

>2017
>Eating fast food at all

Come on, it's like you're not even trying.

This is the best solution, every fast food chain needs to start putting these in all their restaurants.

Why is it spelled 'thru' and not 'through'?
Is the short spelling supposed to indicate speed?

Drive through is slow as fuck as of around 10 years ago. I have no idea what the fuck happened.

I'll still use it though, I clean my car so it doesn't stink, drive through is prioritised so you get fresher food, I'm not a fat fuck/I can plan on how much I want, don't do refills in my country.

New in fast food, and just got into an argument with my manager, what do Veeky Forums?

>Lunch rush
>Me and 1 other new guy
>At the start it was about 20+ orders
>Finish maybe 7 orders
>Get drive order
>Instead of making the food in the order they were placed, i have to drop everything and do the drive order
>It brings our times up
>From then on I just didn't drive orders until the others were done
>Times were decent but drive times were really fucking bad
>He got mad and told me drive > everything

Is he right, or should orders placed before drive get more priority?

who the fuck goes back for more at a fast food place. whale detected

He's wrong but thinks he is right because as others have said above it fucks with the stores expected performance as well as his potential bonuses.

>Disadvantages
Late to work

Oh that's right, NEET's don't work.