Iranian scientist takes his "water-powered car" for a spin

it's over gasoline is finished

>Iranian scientist Alaeddin Qassemi unveiled his new invention, a car that he says is powered by water, in Karaj, Sunday. The car can reportedly run on 60 litres (15 gallons) of water and is able to travel up to 900 kilometres (559 miles) in 10 hours. The power is generated after H2O is split into hydrogen and oxygen which react chemically to produce energy.

>According to the inventor, the car's engine only produces water vapour, causing next to zero air pollution. A litre (0.26 gallons) of water can reportedly generate some 96 megajoules (MJ) of energy while a litre of gasoline produces only 29 megajoules (MJ) of energy.

liveleak.com/view?i=63d_1480300743

Other urls found in this thread:

siriusdisclosure.com/orion-project/energy-solutions/
keshefoundation.org
cheniere.org/books/excalibur/moray.htm
cheniere.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've heard about cars supposedly running on water during the Korean war.

But then again

>Iran

This is one of those old scams

>Solar freaking roadways

Yep, expect to see a kickstarter soon.

I'm pretty sure the oil industry hates him!

this has been done before. last dude who did it died hard.

What a wonderful year to live in! To think i might never have to pay for gas or electricity again! Wow amasink

siriusdisclosure.com/orion-project/energy-solutions/

keshefoundation.org [a sci fave]

cheniere.org/books/excalibur/moray.htm

"Tesla"

cheniere.org

>The power is generated after H2O is split into hydrogen and oxygen which react chemically to produce energy.
It's amazing how much mileage people can get out of this scam.

"Hey guys I have a working nuclear fission reactor that fits inside my car!! Totally save and legit, get on my level ITER!!!!"

Also
>It runs on water man

So where does the car get the energy required to split the water?

The hidden sphere of Pu-239.

A "catalyst" that is mysteriously consumed

fucking wat

Was that a pun?

>catalyst
>consumed

That's the joke

>Iranian scientist

when you burn hydrogen you get ashes named water
>get energy from ashes
yeah sure

we've been over this scam many times before, if the energy source for hydrolysis is the gasoline in the engine then there's literally no way to get extra energy from burning the hydrolyzed gas.

the only possible way to get fuel savings from a system like this is to run ultralean fuel mixes, because part of the installed system is a device that disables the built-in fuel management. you get a minor fuel economy savings at the cost of destroying your emissions output.

the car isn't 'running on water', it's using water as a feedstock for an additive to the injected fuel. the car is very much still running on gasoline.

This is a pretty fucking terrible idea, desu.

>The power is generated after H2O is split into hydrogen and oxygen which react chemically to produce energy.
So the power is generated after putting in more electricity than he can get out of combusting the products. That's extremely stupid.

EZ, the hydrogen burning is a more effective at running an ICE. (speculation)
more conjecture, water vapor has a higher vapor pressure than carbon-dioxide.

When will these shits fucking learn
Water doesn't automatically turn into hydrogen and oxygen
If it did the raging explosions across the earth would be abigger problem than the gasoline consumption of cars

What a joke - there are huge water shortages in Iran - it woulh be more expensive than petrol !

Sad!

Funny, my dad tried to do the exact same thing when I was a kid. We were pretty optimistic about it too, he told me that if he fucked it up it would destroy the entire planet in a giant fusion explosion. It's still collecting dust on top of his freezer after almost 15 years, this guy's device will probably end up the same.

Take this to Veeky Forums

Well Iran IS known for its luxuries.

The will of Allah.

I wonder how many of these are moronic journalist conflating hydrogen fuel cells with water.

Ok so obviously electricity is required to split the oxygen and hydrogen.

But would this be a viable "fuel method" provided you did the splitting at home from your own electricity before departing? Would you get a lot more mileage this way? Or would you be better off just skipping the middle man and going straight for an electric car?

H2O is more expensive than gasoline, why would anyone use it ?

Straight to an electric car. "Splitting" the water from home and using hydrogen reactions in your car is called an hydrogen fuel cells. Some cars already do this. You're better off using methane than water though.

I will not bother reading this thread, I'll only waste two minutes of my life posting this.

Water is an ash and is at a lower energy state than H2 and O2 separately. Yes, if you combine H2 and O2 to form water, you will produce energy and yes it is enough to run a car engine. But you have to put energy INTO the system to produce H2 and O2 from water. So your car is going to have to carry a very large power source, like a battery, and it would be more efficient to just power the engine directly from that battery than to waste energy splitting water into H2 and O2 and then converting it right back to water by burning.

>an iranian man discovers how to make a car go with water
>oil companies get mad
>iran suddenly has some experimental nukes that require the us to invade the country and make this guy collateral damage