Anyone have experience with calculators malfunctioning or miscalculating...

Anyone have experience with calculators malfunctioning or miscalculating? I can confirm because the results I got from the calculator were different from wolfram and mathway. It was like two integers off on my calculator. Do you know how disappointing it is to go over an album length problem and be that little off? Fuckin sucks. Would re-flashing the expensive piece of shit calculator work or something?

you typed something in wrong.

Your inputs were off.

No. I looked at my work over and over. This isn't the first time it has done this even in shorter problems. It only happens during things that require division. Calcs in the right mode and everything...

then the next problem you need to figure out is the order of operation in which the calculator calculates.

that's where 99.999999% of problems students have with calculations stem from.

I doubt your calculator calculates incorrectly.

Nope. No order of operations required for this. I literally followed an example step by step but used my numbers.

Post exactly what you entered into the calculator and what the result was.

>album length
have you no yardstick?

It is literally impossible for a calculator to be wrong. Literally. its hardware. The flow of electricity does not lie. Since you didnt type your inputs Im pretty sure you did something wrong.
Alternatively you could have been using a function that is calculated by a taylors series.

I just did the same exact problem with different numbers step by step using math way exactly as I would my calculator. Guess what? Fuckin right.

So Im just going to say again, its literally impossible for the calculator to be wrong. You did something stupid and probably laughably so. Without you saying what the input is its pretty clear.
Youre like some child complaining about rounding errors in a calculator when you were supposed to use fractions.

check radians or degrees

I deleted all of my memory because I thought they may have something to do with it and it may work properly now for all I know.

Bro you inputted something wrong. We all do it. Get over it.

In this instance, I required degree mode.

I'm "over" it but I'm still convinced there is something wrong that was not human error.
/thread

possibly, depends on calculator model.
may handle floats incorrectly and outputs a bad number. Check precision to see where it goes wrong. Integer usage causes truncation error so your program might be at fault here. Post the problem

also run each step individually to see where it deviates

this is bait

>I have no idea what calculators are
Go pick up a book on circuits. Its entry level stuff and it makes you seem really dumb.

>that was not human error.
Kek this is exactly why theres the basic rule that the computer didnt do something wrong, you did. idiots like you cant find your mistake.

please explain the zilog z80 CPU on the ti-84 and constituent firmware upgrades without digital circuit design

Every calculator uses the basic circuits for addition multiplication etc. Firmware has nothing to do with that. You can literally program a basic calculator with sticks and stones. Firmware deals with completely different scenarios.

so you want to find any excuse to protect your fucking ego, despite all evidence pointing towards something you did wrong.

I hate people like you.

this reminds me of all the people in my undergrad arguing with the prof that online tests had the wrong answers or malfunctioned and that they were right all along

You autists he probably has his settings fucked up. Check to see if your calculator is ser to degrees or radians. Assuming you are using the TI-84+ then click the mode button

You mean he did something wrong.

tell that to floating point arithmetic

floats are accurate to around the digits the calculator shows.