Being smarter

being smarter greatly improves my reading comprehension. if i'm hungover, looking at a page of aristotle is just like staring at a blank page.

do any of you guys do exercise/take pills to try to get your mind working better for reading/writing?

nootropics? creatine? weight lifting? adderall? new wave shit like ginko or green tea? kratom? weed?

anything you specifically avoid?

Other urls found in this thread:

yunnansourcing.us/store/index.php?id_product=470&controller=product
newstarnootropics.com/prl853
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only pill you need is the redpill

the what?

Come to pol and r9k and we'll teach you the truth about women and nonwhites

Your intelligence doesn't really fluctuate. Being hungover just affects your ability to focus, and whatnot but it doesn't literally make you dumber.

CRAWLING IN MY PILL

Women have vaginas, and non-whites arent ethnically Caucasian. THE VERY TRUTH!

yeah man ive seen what you guys get into on /pol/

yeah sure. just replace smarter with 'better at focusing' or whatever.

>ignoring redpill autism.

In all seriousness caffeine works well for me. I typically try to have tea or coffee (depending on time of day) whenever I sit down and start to read. Generally sleeping well helps a good amount.

I used to smoke and cigarettes were great focusers, but I quit about a year ago--alas.

Also, Internet seriously degrades my attention span. I usually spend at least 30 minutes without looking at a screen before reading.

Coffee, Cigarettes, Modafinil, or just not get drunk enough to have a hangover.

goredditleavego

trolled hard

good one

>Green tea
>New wave
The fuck?

Fuck man I think if I added anything else to the cocktail I've got going on for fucking everything, I might die. I've already got nine minor drug interactions and one major one to look out for.

I guess taking some daily exercise and not imbibing to excess will help to some degree. It's all I can do.

Ritalin if I'm going through hard shit

Actually, try mixing caffeine with l-theanine. See if it does anything. Does amazing things for some people, does piss all for others.

does green tea actually do shit?

new age

caffeine gives me vicious anxiety - L-theanine doesn't really help and seems to make it worse when it wears off. BTW - green tea IS caffeine + L-theanine.

yeah usually a cup of coffee or three will get me in the pace to start reading

I find that Adderall and its kin actually make it much harder to read literature; mild downers like phenibut are much better for absorbing fiction.

Perhaps nootropics would help. They seem to vary wildly in effectiveness between users. IME the best noot for cognition is PRL-8-53, but a few friends of mine got nothing out of it but anxiety.

Avoiding screens is probably the single best thing you can do to better your reading comprehension.

I drink tea all day long, and it doesn't seem to have any psychoactive effect. Maybe I'm an outlier. Never been a coffee drinker; can't compare the two.

what tea leaves are those?

Where can I buy that stuff? Nootropic ls depot? Is it safe?

I just do the usual, caffeine and nicotine.

I feel that I comprehend writers like Deleuze & Guattari better high, but I still comprehend them functionally while sober, so.

Oh yeah, and I take gabapentin, which is probably the closest to a true 'Limitless' drug out there. If you've ever wanted a drug that would help you feel like doing shit and taking care of business, Gabby is your friend. Minimal tolerance, and no withdrawal effects AFAIK. I'd recommend it to anyone on Veeky Forums.

It's a black tea called Drunk on Red:
yunnansourcing.us/store/index.php?id_product=470&controller=product

You're asking about the PRL, I imagine? I got my vial from New Star:
newstarnootropics.com/prl853
If you want to know more about it, there are a number of threads over on Longecity. It was part of some clinical trials for memory enhancement in the '80s, but hasn't been studied formally since then AFAIK. Seems safe to me, having used it alongside other nootropics & amphetamines. Interesting stuff.

I buy Infinite Jest by author dave F. wallace 2 years ago, try read and cant. I read first word: ok. I read second word: yes. I read first page: nonsense. I read first page over and over, try to understand but can't. I give up.

Two months ago Im at party, fellow party guest hands me joint ((first joint in life)); I get high, try first page again, and easy like pouring milk! I finish book today.

read after waking and on an empty stomach

Strong dry snuff from India. I can be half awake and nearly seeing double, this stuff will have me totally awake and alert and able to focus for ~20 minutes.

hahah

You're looking down the wrong paths.

You're not a bad writer because your brain isn't "wired up right", you're a bad writer because you don't have anything to write about.

Go live some.

I walk about 7 to 15k a day and eat a whole food plant based diet.

I'm staying away from all those meme pills, blue zone master race.

Honestly?

Nothing. When it comes to writing, sure, amphetamines are a godsend, but reading's not really affected by anything.

t. someone who has neither written nor lived.

Protip: it's just the caffiene that helps

If you are used to taking large doses of caffeine constantly (like most ppl these days) then sipping some tea isn't going to do anything