Guys, Help me find the best bang for your buck saucepans? I want thick bases, all stainless steel...

Guys, Help me find the best bang for your buck saucepans? I want thick bases, all stainless steel. No plastic handles and none of that nonstick coating bullshit. I use cast iron skillets for almost everything else and have a cast iron dutch oven as well. I just want two stainless steel thick bottomed pots with lids.

Suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPGke_I7hpk
amazon.com/Whole-Clad-Stainless-Induction-Cookware-SaucePan/dp/B004HAEWHQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1485309126&sr=8-14&keywords=tri ply saucepan
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-cookware-set/
ikea.com/gb/en/products/cookware/pots-pans/ikea-365-saucepan-with-lid-stainless-steel-glass-art-90256746/
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-sous-vide-gear/#what-to-look-forward-to
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You missed out. Amazon had 3.5qt all-clad stainless saucepans for 100.00. It's what I use and can't complain about anything.

Given that i'm an Aussie, I doubt they would have shipped to me anyway. Looks like a good deal though :O

>best bang for your buck

Huh? Oh,okay.

*shoots you with a fucking shotgun*

There's your vang,bithc...

*lights cigarette*

>all clad stainless
MC2, D5, D7, or pick a line of cookware that isn't All Clad

>d5
Enjoy your placebo.

I don't need to, I got MC2

Then enjoy your no induction stovetop cooking.

Yes, same with my copper pans. I have no intention of ever using an induction ''''stove'''' so it's all good.

5th burner induction plates are useful, but good job crippling yourself from poor research.

All-clad stainless (non placebo original) is the best choice.

What poor research? Not wanting an induction stove? I prefer fire, induction is creepy, I don't have kids nor do I fall asleep drunk with my stove on high, so it's a non-issue.

But I can cook on induction and I have all the benefits of what you have. You chose poorly; like I said, 5th burner induction is useful especially if you big pot blanch vegetables. That fast rebound boil can't be done on inefficient gas.

I'm never blanching more than a couple of fistfuls at a time, so it doesn't matter. I could practically get my blanching done with a butter warmer.

yeah, I could do that too.

And more if i wanted.

Are you trying to brag about having a big family or something? Congrats, I guess?

Na, I mean; I don't think you know what big bot blanching is.
youtube.com/watch?v=dPGke_I7hpk

Not watching the video, but I googled it, and it looks like it's just a long winded way of saying "blanching"
>oh but you should use a big pot!
As opposed to what?
>salt the water
Yes, that's what blanching is
>ice bath!
Yes.

I mean what else would it be?

Are we going to call baking "big oven baking" now just to sound cool?

tons of options on amazon.com

Just make sure to get something that is Tri-Ply

amazon.com/Whole-Clad-Stainless-Induction-Cookware-SaucePan/dp/B004HAEWHQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1485309126&sr=8-14&keywords=tri ply saucepan

>>oh but you should use a big pot!
>As opposed to what?
The idea is to keep the boil.
You should watch the video. Thomas Keller has 7 michelin stars and a great teacher.

Ok, I watched the entire video, and I still don't see how it's not just "blanching"

Yes, I get it, you don't want the boiling to stop

TK is fine in my book, I've eaten his food, and I have stolen his books. You won't hear me bad mouthing him, I just don't get why it needs a new term

The idea was Big pots of water kept the boil, ie higher volumes are water take longer to cool and thus stop boiling. Big volumes of water need large pots; ergo big pot blanching. Of course induction 5th burners are good at keeping the boil also; that is why I brought it up.

hope this helps.

Yeah, as I said, if you're blanching food for a mormon-size family, you need an 8 quart stock pot and a super powered burner

One person blanching 3 asparagus spears to eat alone while watching Star Trek, nah, not so much

>3 asparagus spears
Manlet detected.

First you shit on me for being single, now you're gonna shit on me for being short too? Fuck you too.

Not him, but good god dude, who cooks and eats only 3 asparagus spears? It's not like you're eating the fat trimmings from a pork belly.

I'm not really big on a meal consisting of a huge heap of one thing. If I'm blanching anything it's a small part of that meal.

Look for any pan with a thick bottom. For saucepans i wouldn't really bother with fully clad, a well made disc bottom will be fine.

I prefer anodised aluminium however, i find it heats faster.

I assume you mean aluminium bottom?

thesweethome.com/reviews/best-cookware-set/
The Duxtop skillet did poorly in even heat testing when they attempting to make caramel in it.

Normally a disc bottom pan will have a thick-ish layer of aluminium on the bottom, covered on both sides by stainless steel. The aluminium spreads the heat, while the steel makes it easy to clean etc..

If you have an ikea near you then these are the best pans I've found for the money;

ikea.com/gb/en/products/cookware/pots-pans/ikea-365-saucepan-with-lid-stainless-steel-glass-art-90256746/

Their fully clad skillet is excellent too and only about £30, compared to the 100 and up of the brand names

>Mc2

No u

Don't listen to the thick bottom/disc bottom memesters, they only work well for induction. On a real stove you get scorch rings at the edges of the sidewalls because oops! the disc ended and the heating was uneven there!

Disc bottom was important back when the all clad patents were still in effect and poorfags wanted something nice without paying the all clad prices. These days that is totally unnecessary, you can get full proper sidewall pots and pans for a song and dance.

i love cooking but god i hate every faggot on Veeky Forums so much.

We hate you too friend

I'm glad All-clad's patents ran out years ago.
We're also supposed to be getting sub-100$ sous vide machines to market this year as well.
thesweethome.com/reviews/best-sous-vide-gear/#what-to-look-forward-to

just go to the austrialian version of TJ Max or Marshalls and buy whatever overstock mirrored stainless pot they have. they difference in performance between an all clad and a "whatever celeb chef" model will be imperceptible, as long as the handle is all metal and its riveted to the pot. these stupid faggots that are like OMG my 11 play with copper core heats 12 seconds faster than your milled aluminum base hurp a dump blah blah.

you put shit in them and they heat up. what the fuck is wrong with you people.

sorry OP. I'm sure you're a nice guy. just go to your local overstock store and buy a riveted polished stainless pot. i have 4, all different brands, all under $30 USD and they all work great and look as good as the day i bought them.

>australia
>shitposting
Pick two

I got a few Ruffoni pieces at Marshall's.

$300+ pieces for $70 average each. Basically got them all at 80% discount or the original price. No one was paying them attention among $16 skillets.

The vitruvius line of skillets and a sauce pan.

Stainless mirrored finish, copper base, induction capable. I cook induction.

Csh mi outsi howbowda

Habitual Marshalls/TJMax cookware scavenger here. Nobody pays much attention to those Ruffoni because they're often at those kinds of stores, and they're not that great even at a huge discount. They look nice, but performance wise they're on par with mid to low end cookware. They're expensive because they're hand made in Italy. For the same money you can get better performing stuff made in China.