I've finally found a place that serves good shawarma in my city

I've finally found a place that serves good shawarma in my city.

Has anyone else made a recent discovery as far as local restaurants go?

Other urls found in this thread:

delionthehill.com/reviews/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just found a place that serves the McChicken.

There's a little polish bistro up the street from where I get my deli meat that serves up a big bowl of bigos with a few slices of freshly baked rye for $5 for lunch.

If I drive half an hour there's this place called the brownstone pancake factory
40 different kinds of pancakes

>40 different kinds of pancakes

but why

>freshly baked rye

You're one step closer to making the best sandwich of all time

They have ones with pork sausages in them and ones with ham and cheese and PB&j ones and peanut butter bacon and Oreo ones and apple pie ones and you can get a side of eggs, sausage, bacon, or Taylor ham

>apple pie pancakes

Sign me up, fampai. Where do you live?

It's in NJ
Locations in edge water and Jersey city

Found a grill restaurant that has 50% on steaks every Monday. Got a 450g ribeye and grilled veggies for around $20.

Recently found a great southern indian restaurant and a great italian restaurant (which is hard, because so many italian restaurants suck). Both places are in my neighborhood.

Finally found a place that makes a great Italian sandwich in fucking Seattle. Holy shit, that bread is amazing.

That looks pretty good. What's inside?

GABAGOO

Also SUPERSOT, PRASHOOT and MOOTZARELL

Shawarma is known as doner kebabs in most of the world and is widely regarded as being shit

Nowadays I get happy everytime I found a place serving lamb. Had some rips in a spanian restaurant and some with curry/spinach in a nepal deli the other day.

>most of the world

>widely regarded as being shit

That's usually how the West regards the most of the world, yes

smoked tavern ham, genoa salami, mortadella, capocollo, provolone cheese, hot cherry peppers, mama lil’s sweet peppers, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mayo, oil, vinegar, salt & pepper, oregano flake

Kek

What place is it?

I recently got a job here in Saint Louis right next to "The Hill" which is where all the Italians live and all the very best wop eating establishments are located. Anyway a co-worker took me to a little hole in the wall deli I'd never been too called Eovaldis. The salami and hot coppa are made in house and the sandwiches are just ridiculous. 9" Hot Salami piled high with provel, and all the preferred trimmings (I do lettuce, pickles, onions, and pepperoncinis) for seven bucks. Absolutely blows subway, Jimmy Johns, and all that shit out of the water. Such good sandwiches. Food paradise did a feature on them apparently. If you're ever in Saint Louis, I'd highly recommend.

delionthehill.com/reviews/

Hog Island Hoagies in Ballard

>where all the Italians live

Yikes, make sure you don't leave anything unlocked. Homies will jack anything that isn't bolted to the floor

It's like 80% senior citizens.

>Live in Copenhagen
>Shawarma Grillhouse Nr 1 in the middle of the downtown shopping district
>Its been here since 1986
>Lebaneese motherfuckers running that shit
>pic related, not them, but that's what the meat looks like
>real meat, not that tube-steak cardboard meatloaf crap most kebabs try to pass as meat

shit is amazing - getting a dish-full costs you about 13$, but will leave you stuffed like nobody's business, and the service is lightning fast

good times

Doner, shawarma, gyro, and pastor all refer to meat that is cooked on a vertical rotisserie but the type of meat and the spices used differ.

Also if you seriously expect me to believe most people regard these as shit you're delusional. They're not the pinnacle of fine dining sure, but as far as greasy low brow food goes? They're damn good, and you're being a pretentious tard if you imply otherwise.

>tfw no big bowl of bigos with a few slices of freshly baked rye for $5 for lunch

Shawarma is not the same thing as doner kebab you idiot.

I can find (or make) fantastic Hummus, and Good Falafel, but I can't find amazing Shawarma in the US. I can find Decent to Good stuff, but not like the real stuff.

This is true of a lot of foreign meat dishes. A lot of the time it's because of differences in the types of grass that the animals graze on. It can have a surprisingly big impact on the taste of the dish. An American chef can have a brilliant recipe for shawarma, gyro, or kebab and it still won't taste quite like it would in Arabia/Greece/Turkey.

Recently changed offices and found a great thai place about 5 mins away.

Area is mostly industrial/commercial and place probably does most of it's business at lunch.. and they are efficient as fuck at it. Get you in and out in like 30 mins, but the food is still better than most places can do during dinner.

Did some googling just now, apparently the place has topped a whole bunch of lists, and the head chef is actually from Thailand (apparently almost get sent back there a few years due to some snafu with his visa).

Recently learned that a pho restaurant near me has decent banh mih.

"Bigos, also frequently translated into English as hunter's stew, is a Polish dish of finely chopped meat of various kinds stewed with sauerkraut and shredded fresh cabbage." - Wikipedia

Damn, that sounds good.

robongi is the shit.