Just as a reminder, men in their 20s should be drinking roughly 128oz of water a day

Just as a reminder, men in their 20s should be drinking roughly 128oz of water a day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R6Bao4kbCDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just a reminder, just say a fucking gallon if you're going to say a gallon.

>he doesnt piss at regular 30 minute intervals

How much of that can be my own piss?

>oz
What are the 1800s like

Pretty good, I'm looking forward to the radio being invented.

that's a myth, even when I was a garbageman in the hot sun and drink a fuckton of water, it would be like 2 or 3 liters a day at most

Enjoy your kidney stones.

You're a retard. Your body instigates thirst to provide for adequate hydration, there's no need to force yourself to drink a gallon of water a day.

Enjoy your hyponatremia

I don't want to die from overhydration.

It sounds silly but this happened to me. I was dringing 1-2 gallons of water everyday over a 1 month period and began having extremely paranoid thoughts and behaving like a paranoid schizophrenic. In my mind I thought everything I was doing was perfectly rational. Finally my family intervened by holding me down, binding my hands and hauling me to the ER. They did blood tests and determined my sodium levels were dangerously low and I was in imminent danger of seizure or death. I was hospitalized and after several days of severely restricted water intake I was back to normal.

You can actuay get dangerously ill by overdrinking water and you won't even realize it because your brain isn't functioning correctly.

>2011+6
>still not salting your water

Wew lad

>Try to turn on your tap to drink some water
>the lid falls off

tfw I do this and I can't stop.

>hyponatremia
Jokes on you I offset it with fuckloads of salt in my food.

kek
>Salting your water
>Not drinking pickle juice for that extra flavor factor

>tfw drink ridiculous amounts of water
What's it like not being thirsty?

you have diabetes

Cavemen didn't drink constantly

>Drinking

I think that number is for total water consumption, including the water found in food.

Regardless, most people should drink more plain water.

Do you wake up with a cracked tongue? Do you find yourself endlessly thirsty just sitting down? Do you pee frequently and it's all water?

If so dude get checked ASAP you might have the 'beetus.

Too bad water tastes fucking disgusting, I'm having some now because I have to hydrate but man is it unpleasant tasting

What do you usually drink

Beer and water is all I drink, coke if I eat out

Who would have ever thought that different people need different amounts of water?

But I'm in my 30s

Where are the cavemen now?

Check. Mate.

>drinking pickle juice for that extra flavor factor

Sheeeeeit, growing up there was a snack stand near the stake park that sold those bagged pickles. Kids would drink pickle juice like crazy.

Then the neighborhood became """diverse""" and went straight to hell, leaving everyone without a snack stand.

C'est la vie

Wtf I hate water now

I carry around a water bottle that I fill up at least 3-5 times a day.

>filling it up
with tap water? you drink that stuff?

My fridge has one of those water/ice cube dispensers.

But really, stop being a pussy with tap water.

Do people seriously think tap water is bad?

Holy shit this happened to me too, but I would do the opposite and go without water for as long as I could, since it gave me horrid nausea. Ended up being prescribed 2g lithium carbonate salts a day, weird stuff.

Pretty much everywhere in the south it tastes like chlorine and feet.

Huh. I've only lived in SF, NYC, and London. I would say it was indistinguishable from bottled in both American cities. Maybe slightly worse in London. I guess water infrastructure must be better or something when you have that many people.

i drink about 500ml of water when i wake up, then probably 1.5-2l during the day

I live in the Netherlands with literally the highest quality, if not one of the highest in the world.

The legislation for tap water is also way stricter than for bottled water.

How much should women drink?

Oh yeah, and my point was that I can imagine it not being that way in every other country. Tap water in Spain tastes like fucking chlorox for example. And the lead poisoning in Flint is another example.

Jacksonville, FL resident here.

You're wrong, but that's okay.

Hourly reminder that this user is correct that your body literally knows when it needs water and knows how to tell you.

>amerifats

Well if they're pregnant they shouldn't be drinking at all

if i dont drink enough water i shit glass shards my body cant tell me anything

>Too bad water tastes fucking disgusting

Tap water?

I suggest you try getting some kind of filter to get rid of impurities.

I only drink bottled water

It's my understanding the reason NYC water tastes so good is they get their water piped in from upstate resevoirs. This is what friends of mine who live there told me so I don't know it to be a fact, but someone else might.

Strange how 2 opoosite extremes could produce the same sodium depletion in the human body.

As much as I despise American medfags for being pillaging pirates, I'd like to hear an explanation of that from one.

Shouts out to the dirty Duval

Most violent school district in the state!

>upstate
nah it's upstairs senpai

because their water comes from reservoirs on their roofs :^)

What is that in metric units?

3.48L if I remember right

Also Google

>die from overhydration

Drowning???

Your body lets you know when it's reaching the danger zone but letting that be your only tell is setting yourself up for a bad time

It's like waiting for the fire burn you to know you should get away.

>letting that be your only tell is setting yourself up for a bad time

ya no, im not trying to be pissing ever 20 minutes

tap water where i live tastes like shit

This is wrong. Especially if you have taken habits that milead the body, like snacking, or smoking.
Age too. past 25-30 you will be less thirsty, but it's not that you need less water. On the contrary, that's when you will build your first kidney stone.

see

>fluid oz is acceptable
>gallon is ridiculed
I don't get it, sen pie

The UK.

So you drink tap water...

>hypobongs

thanks for the reminder

just got a cup of water.

the correct amount of water is to stay hydrated a lot so you dont get kidney stones

but dont overdrink so you kill yourself.

thats the proper amount of water. not too little not too much

most people get too little water in my opinion

but you should never be forcing yourself to drink when you have no thirst

>128 ounces
>gallons

Why the fuck do you retards still measure liquid by weight and nonsensical increments? Let me blow your mind for a second -
A small bottle of coke is 500ml.
1000ml = 1 Liter
1 Liter of water = 1 kilogram

Let me blow your mind. The density of water changes with pressure.

Oh, wow, the arbitrary measurement system you grew up with and are accustomed to using.

>mind not blown

I feel like kidney stones must be mostly genetic. I haven't pissed clear in years and generally drink very little. My healthy as shit half sister got her first at 12.
Seems to run deep in stepfathers side of the family.

While at sea level where you are living it always weighs the same. Go pour yourself 2 pounds if water , shitstain.

>use my inaccurate approximation, shitstain
Okay

>poor burger recycler can't accept his system is flawed

While we're at it how about you defend your mutilated penis?

>most people get too little water in my opinion
Well thank god your fucking opinion doesn't matter, turbonerd.

>go to doctor for this shit
>he says it's just me and I'm thinking about it too much

Thirst is weird man.
I've worked comfy air-conditioned desk jobs and downed a litre of water at morning tea and lunch. And been incredibly thirsty when I get home.
And I've worked 12 hour shifts in a boiling hot commercial kitchen and not drunk a drop of water.

More water in the summer, less water in the winter. Your body informs you by the means of thirst.

You probably have bone cancer, that's an early warning sign

You posted something factually wrong. You ridiculed measurment by mass, I pointed out measurement by volume's flaw, and you chimped out.

Ask your mom to defend my dick cause I have to go to work. I use the metric system because it's superior for lab work.

>my sodium levels were dangerously low
bet you're feeling better now that you browse Veeky Forums

kek

Both of those examples are near enough half my lifespan ago, and over time I think the chance of not having or having whatever is up in the air.

I have high blood pressure and mild left ventricular hypertrophy. Drinking that much water is unhealthy for me.

I've got a friend you can talk to

Dumbass, this was several years ago. I suspect that drinking 1-2 gallons of water daily flushed out any amount of sodium I could have ingested. I was eating normally, a typical high sodium amerifat diet until the brain malfunction with accompanying paranoia set in. Then it was anyone's guess. I do remember just chewing food and letting it fall back on my plate because I thought people were trying to drug me. That was towards the end, and that night when I went to bed my brothers held me down and bound me. Probably saved my life.

Don't fuck with overhydration.

Just a reminder:
A lone male now gets $28 in food stamps per month, even if disabled. 1/7th of what it was a couple years ago.
A gallon of water costs $1.
Drinking a gallon a day completely eradicates your food stamps.

Thanks Obama. Bring back fluoride and eradicate that foul fucking chloramine shit that's making water unfit even for plants.

Do they really expect people to live on less than a dollar a day?

>drink 2 small cups of water at 8 as well as a cup of hot licorice tea
>piss 7 times last night from 9 to 1, with a strong stream and clear urine
What's wrong with me?

Diabetes

No dumbass, they expect you to get a job and work. It's supposed to supplement your income not replace it.

Yeah dude. I can't even get fast food here.
Meal costs are $15 a day.

This is also with 400/725 dollars of my income going to rent. $350 A month is just not possible. I haven't had new shoes or clothing in 6 years. I lost it when they told me $28 a month.

2 Years ago a lone male got $178 a month. 1 Year before that it was $240. What happened? Can't we just be autistic and also not weigh 120 lbs and have to beg people and churches for money and food?
Neet hate is really unjustified. Some of us have no access to drinking water without buying it and zero access to cheap food.

youtu.be/R6Bao4kbCDE

>oh look it's another episode of "no one in the world could possibly be too sick to work"

They don't hand out checks like you think they do. I had to go all the way up to a state forensic psychologist to get a diagnosis. They are very serious about this shit at the SSA.

London isashit, come to Scotland for god tier tap water

> A gallon of water costs $1.
My Ann Arbor city water is $1.51 per 100 cubic feet, or about $0.000020 per gallon.

A litre of mercury doesnt weigh 1kg tho. And it is a liquid

We have chlorine and chloramine here. Way over the fda limit, but our city council is tiny, unregulated and corrupt.

I have asthma. I cough up blood when taking a shower.

I can't buy shoes or a mcdouble in my town, so a water filter is out of reach. I have to buy it.

First it's the EPA, but it is enforced by a state agency. Second, free chlorine and chloramines are rarely mixed as it creates trichloramines. The legal limit for both is 4 mg/L, chloramines are often run higher than free chlorine with most water leaving treatment around 3 mg/L. Free chlorine is usually 1.5 mg/L. Have you contacted the treatment plant? They may run high because they have long lines and only one injection point, so they send it out hot. Tell them you have a chlorine taste and odor complaint, be nice and respectful. If they don't do anything call your state enforcement agency and report them. Tell whoever you talk to that you've already contacted the WTP and they haven't done anything. Mention your Asthma.