Does Veeky Forums enjoy Artemis Fowl? By far a very enjoyable series

Does Veeky Forums enjoy Artemis Fowl? By far a very enjoyable series

Yeah, I remember it being alright. Kind of outgrew it by Last Guardian tho.

Can't seem to stop re-reading them

>there has been three new ones since I stopped reading

fack

I really liked them when I was about 12. Stole a copy of the first book from the school library.

By the Lost Colony I'd outgrown them, though I stuck through it and the Time Paradox just for old time's sake.

Haven't read the last two.

The MC is too much of a Gary Stu.

I think its acceptable given the power levels of every other character

Not really. Being a Gary Stu is not just about powerlevels.

My mother introduced me to the series by saying "He's like Harry Potter, but evil!" I fell for that one. God, did I feel superior every time Artemis did something smart or cool or simply smug. I'd like to punch the 12-year-old me right in the fucking face and tell him to mow the lawn and help mom with getting rid of the weeds in the garden. Holy shit did I think I was every bit as brilliant as Artemis.

When I read The Lost Colony, I simply saw through the bullshit and stopped reading. I'm probably giving the books to my niece when it's time for her to start reading. Her parents won't foster her autism enough.

>be male
>parents call me Artemis

Stopped reading at the fourth one because I was getting too old but they were great, IMO the series should be bigger than it is.

No, despite my love for myths and legend especially those dealing with celtic and irish fairies, i found the books too modern and very annoying.

I remember pronouncing Eoin entirely wrong. People probably thought i was retarded.

damn I thought it ended after Time Paradox. Never read the last two on there. I feel like it's one of those YA series where the author just kept cranking out sequels because people liked it, but it's better than like Percy Jackson and other series that did the same thing

I believe that is explained at the end of the second or third book.

The first three are solid YA fiction, the rest are shit to pay Colfer's bills.

"by far a very enjoyable series"

You only use the tern "by far" when you're comparing things, like "it's the greatest book of the century, by far." You can't talk about a single thing's merit by using a phrase that means it surpasses something else. You're just throwing words together to sound erudite, you cuck.

go user GET HIM

>You only use the tern "by far" when you're comparing things
I don't believe you.

Dropped it after Time Paradox, which was the last chance I gave the series.
Airman was better than anything after Opal Deception.

Enjoyed the first one but I'm by far too old to read this shit these days

I hated them. They came so highly recommended that I read the first three when they were loaned to me, and then got that pessimistic, myth-mocking shit and it's anti-hero superboy out of my house. Later I made the mistake of trying to read his Hitchhiker's Guide sequel, and remembered how much I couldn't stand his writing, characters, or "Robert Asprin updated" crap. Competent, but so relentlessly cynical and shallow I have no time for it.

It's not really my thing
I'd rather read something Russian or look at a pretty dog

here's one maybe

Never knew he samefagged so hard. I read the first two when I was a wee lad. They're good for a light, entertaining afternoon.

Bizarrely enough there was a week or so where there were Artemis Fowl threads on /co/. Someone brought it up and a lot of people joined the conversation so they storytimed the comic book adaptations.

What an interesting dog
For some reason I can't determine at all whether or not it's pretty

Underrated

The first few were fun, but after Artemis turned into a good boy they lost a lot of their flair. Artemis was better as an anti-villain than he could ever be as an anti-hero. Who wants the protagonist to side with the faeries? They're so smug and sanctimonious.

Haven't you ever wanted some deec beej from a heterochromat?

i was pretty done with them after the first three, but i think i read 4 and liked it okay. by 5 i was burnt out.

post paws