Why do you guys mention particular classes as if they're the same at all universities when the courses are much harder...

Why do you guys mention particular classes as if they're the same at all universities when the courses are much harder and have more content in higher ranked universities? Calc 2 at Princeton is different to Calc 2 at some random state school.

Also there is the huge irony that whenever someone (usually a /g/ or CS person) boasts about how many people failed out of their courses, it only signals that they go to a low quality university and are surrounded by stupid people. It doesn't signal that the material was hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

math.princeton.edu/sites/default/files/courses/mat104_f06_final.pdf
washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2013/12/04/harvard-colleges-median-grade-is-an-a-dean-admits/
u.nya.is/coeegy.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

curriculums across the average state school are more or less similar on average

there's no point in mentioning what school you went to when you speak about your calc ii class unless you went to MIT or chucklefuck community college in bumfuckville

>it's another CS shitpost thread

That's not true though. High ranked courses are just as dumbed down as low ranked courses. The real benefit to high ranked courses is that the level of exclusivity actually means that it's really valuable to network with the people attending there.

Woe be unto the fool who goes to a prestigious university and doesn't network.

The plural of curriculum is curricula.

Ivy Fag get out. I'm starting to think that it's you people who are fucking up the world. Not the minorities, not the whites, not the Rothschilds. It's plain arrogance.

False.

Nobody gives a shit about where you went for undergrad and neither should you. The quality of education is essentially equivalent. The real differences are only relevant on a graduate & postgrad research level, and then what matters is what field you're in.

My experience with undergrad math is that the material is largely the same in each university. Granted I am a Europoor.

Typically at high ranking universities they offer a shit ton of easy and unnecessary intro classes to pad their undergrad students GPAs so they can boast about graduating classes which have higher than average GPA compared to other schools. The kids that go through there usually aren't all that special though.

Graduate school on the other hand, is an entirely different beast and the school does matter at that level.

Ah yes the old prestigious universities are actually easier than state school meme.

>The quality of education is essentially equivalent.
You are delusional. Have you watched video lectures online from courses at top-ranked universities? It is obvious that the students there are getting a much higher quality education.

please, my friend

math.princeton.edu/sites/default/files/courses/mat104_f06_final.pdf

>he thinks prestigious schools are prestigious because of random undergrad classes

Ivy's all have insane grade inflation.

It's not hard to pass a place when the median grade is A

Usually theres a reason the undergraduate and graduate acceptance rates are low

Any Ivy classes you know of with median grade of A that youd care to share?

Fine... You got me, its actually A-

washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2013/12/04/harvard-colleges-median-grade-is-an-a-dean-admits/

You fail to take into account grade inflation

I'm a believer that the grade distribution should follow a bell curve with a C median and a B within one standard deviation

The real measure of intelligence is being able to differentiate a thumbnail from an image when saving it

So whats the median for the STEM classes, particularly Math 55 which may be the hardest math undergraduate class in the world

So they don't pad everyone's resume. When everyone has padded high gpas, nobody has a high gpa. So you turn around and give the glory of gpa padding to the highest bidder (aka whoever is willing to pay the most, or whoever will be able to give you the most money in scholarships or government funding), and turn around and use that money to fuel the grad school, which is where people are actually learning.

English has no set rules about pluralization... Just guidelines and conventions. Curriculums is just as valid as curricula, but less frequently used.

This is an entire module? Kek

u.nya.is/coeegy.pdf
This is a first semester module.