Ok Veeky Forums, I'm ready to jump on the oatmeal meme, but not sure where to get started...

Ok Veeky Forums, I'm ready to jump on the oatmeal meme, but not sure where to get started. I heard instant oatmeal is actually kinda shit in terms of healthyness, so what are my alternatives? The closest I had to oatmeal in my life is cream o wheat, but i've tasted some homemade (not instant) oatmeals sprinkled with some brown sugar and they taste fine, but I'm sure you know a lot more about it than I do.

instant oatmeal is just regular oameal cut finer so it cooks faster, it has the same nutritional value

the google search results tell me that instant oatmeal is processed further and strips away more nutrients

Pinhead oats cooked with frozen berries.

>the current year
>eating literal horse feed

Go to bed, Mr. Ed.

I'm a poor college student that exist almost entirely on one of those giant cylinders of Quaker oats. Apples and cinnamon are a classic, and if you're like me and don't have cinnamon sugar around cookie butter or peanut butter work alright as substitutes. Nuts and dried fruit will help with both texture and flavor. Honestly though, oatmeal is good enough to eat on it's own.

No sir... I dont like it.

Oatmeal? ARE YOU CRAZY?

This But that doesn't apply to those little envelopes. Those are filled with sugar and garbage. I suggest steel cut oats. Take longer to cook, but worth it.

your american burger feed oats are trash then. my instant oats are literally just rolled oats that have been partially shredded so they cook faster

Goddamn I love oatmeal.

Its a trap, quick oat packets are fine provided they are unflavored, if you get flavored ones they are full of sugar

these are lies and fake news.

some things I like in oatmeal:
>maple syrup
>molasses
>raisins or other dried fruits
>chopped bananas or other fresh fruits
>cinnamon
>brown sugar
>butter
obviously use moderation, don't put a tablespoon of butter in it. but even a tiny amount of butter can really add to the taste.

pinto beans >oatmeal

phillips screwdriver > flathead
>oh wait they are both good, just have different purposes

Whole oats have the best texture but they're hard to find and expensive. Also slow to cook unless you have a pressure cooker (preferably electric so it's automated).

I had about a quarter of a jar of nutella, so I threw in some oats and milk and mixed it just a little. Looked like poop, but was very good

Exact portions are

>100g nutella
>15g oats
>.33 cup of milk (2%)

mommies>lolis

I've eaten oatmeal for a year or something. Currently ain't eating it daily anymore.

Oatmeal with a tablespoon of nuttella stirred in is comfy
Raisins are nice
Apple is nice (maybe combined with raisins and or cinnamon, and some sort of sugar)

Frozen blueberries are nice and will quickly cool your oatmeal to edible temps.

Oatmeal is pretty decent with soy 'milk' and doesn't need sugar (and yes, the soy milk still has less sugars than milk)

inb4 enjoy ur mantits

Steel cut oats are like 9 dollars a can. The hell, man.

Quakers steel cut is like 5-6 dollars.

/shill

Retards will tell you to eat steel cut oats.
They're just idiots that believe eating shit food and denying yourself enjoyable things somehow makes you a better person.