Is this what Marx meant by "lumpenproletariat"?

Is this what Marx meant by "lumpenproletariat"?

Other urls found in this thread:

nonsite.org/feature/when-exclusion-replaces-exploitation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She's not in rags, she's wearing a fucking circus tent for pants.

Yea but she's so lumpen.

I wonder what Marx would make of the fact that the poorest people in first world countries have become the most greedy, hedonistic and fat.

He probably wouldn't be surprised

Also, they aren't more greedy than anyone else

of course not, you can't be serious OP

The "lumpenproletariat" are criminals who profit but just in an illegal manner i.e. drug dealers, pimps, pickpockets, mafia, etc, etc... they are inherently anti-revolutionary because they live off exploitation of the proletariat

"Poorness" (in a sociological or psychological sense) isn't a category that Marx really seriously dealt with, he focused on the structural relationships within the capital structure which are necessary for its reproduction. The "reserve army of labour" as he saw it was structurally necessary to force down wages and maintain profitability because full employment results in declining profitability and inflationary pressures. Sustained full employment would have to destroy capitalism by causing a corporate liquidity crises.
Notice unemployment exploded with the emergence of neoliberalism to an all time high in the 1980s as a response to declining corporate profitability in the 1970s.
This is a pretty good read:
nonsite.org/feature/when-exclusion-replaces-exploitation

No, you're thinking of the lumpyproletariat

>but just in an illegal manner
You mean, just in a predatory manner, right?

Is this what the sticky meant by
>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc.

No, most business is "predatory" (really Veblen is better here than Marx to get that idea across). By illegal I mean exactly just that the state doesn't recognize the enterprise as legal e.g. heroin production is "entrepreneurial activity" but illegal.
Heroin producers generate value and must valorize their commodities like any other commodity producer. The global "black market" is actually larger than the "legit" economic activity that states tax. How all this plays in the circuit of global capital, and the parapolitics that occur in the shadows that makes this possible, is just as important as the more benign open stuff.

More like rumpenproletariat

>reading the sticky
Start with the Greeks instead, pleb.

nice deflection attempt
at least mention a book for this thread

quality shitpost 2bh

I really feel like Marxists are going to be the modern version of Christians with their whole "is this what the Bible/Das Kapital meant with...".

It's fascinating how they're trying to fit in their anachronistic faith, but also annoying.

Das capital, I recently got an abridged. Worth reading

Discussions on Marxism are totally OK on Veeky Forums
Any other ism gets you the fury of the noodle armed.

95% of the content on this board is blatant shitposting...I don't understand why people are constantly shocked by this.

not shocked, just calling it out

>OP makes a fat joke
>Veeky Forums descends upon the thread to immediately start outlining the faults in Marx's rhetoric

yeah that's about right

>Is this what Marx meant by "lumpenproletariat"?
>She's not in rags, she's wearing a fucking circus tent for pants.
>mfw both of these posts were unusually clever for Veeky Forums

and then you had to come and ruin it with your pointless observation

in this age all proletariat are lumpen for revolution is no longer possible