So I have the first date in 10 years and I'm cooking so I need some feedback

So I have the first date in 10 years and I'm cooking so I need some feedback.

I'm thinking of doing tapas, probably around 7-ish different ones? Any good ideas for some awesome tapas? I'll probably also bake some bread to have with it since then you can do all kinds of pesto and stuff on top. I'm also open to ideas to bread recipes and toppings.

Lastly I'm thinking about doing a fresh fruit desert with chocolate fondue to keep the tapas theme somewhat.

Any feedback is welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

latascausa.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Menu-2016-December-Web.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that looks fantastic, you seem like someone who really cares about his dates and his food. 7 tapas for 2 people seem almost a bit too much, but you can do them upfront. tip for the date: food is a good icebreaker, but dont make it the main topic.

Any good ideas for some tapas? I'm thinking of doing:
>some oven roasted almonds with salt and/or paprika
>some filled mushrooms with cheese and ham
>a spicy sausage of sorts like chorizo
>baked bread
>various spreads like pesto and olive paste
>maybe a specialty cheese

I need more good ideas though

Also maybe some fried shrimp

thisor some other kind of fish / seafood

Could maybe do some sashimi or perhaps a smoked salmon spread for the bread

smoked salmon with fresh cheese and dill is da bomb imo, but its not really spanish.

That's true.

OR some smoked halibut. its really fat so maybe its not for her if she is a picky eater but is sooooooooooooo good.

>cooking on the 1st date
>ur fucked

Sounds like it might be a bit hard to get a hold of.

Kek

This. Figuratively, of course. OP is definitely not going to be getting fucked in a good way any time soon - if ever.

We actually already diddled but I asked her out on a proper date.

Oh! Well great then! You're actually doing it right. Now is the time to impress her with your talents my only suggestion is to "throw it away" i.e. act like it's no big deal and only an expanded version of something you would have made for yourself anyway.

don't try too hard

That sounds way too ambitious. I like to cook for guest, but that many dishes sounds like you will have little time for attention to your date.

If she is into cooking, go for it.

Most of the stuff I'm doing will either be ready at the same time or be able to be prepared before hand.

okay dude - you're basically doing the food equivalent of an insecure guy singing to his GF and playing his entire songbook on his acoustic guitar.

girls don't like to eat in front of people. and if they do, they want it to be something simple that doesn't involve lots of fingers. save the tapas for after you've seen her naked.

make:
>something simple that can be cleanly eaten with a fork and knife and won't leave lots of crumbs, sauce, etc.
>3 courses. app, main and desert.

don't be overly fussy or complicated. you're trying to get her into bed, not win a michelin star.

my advice:
1 - two sea scallops and butter/wine/saffron sauce with a toast point.

2- a safe, non-exotic main. duck leg confit with brussels sprouts.

3- you can show off a little bit with dessert. Flambé some bananas foster table side or something.

i repeat - the only people who like tapas (and i love tapas) are people who like to cook and like to eat and don't really care what it is, just how it looks and tastes. girls on fist dates are almost never in this category.

sorry bub, it's just my $.02, but it's dead on.

Roast chickpeas in olive oil+rosemary and season them with cumin, paprika and salt.

>save the tapas for after you've seen her naked.
I already have though. See I do get your point but nothing of what I'm planning is any sort of complicated.

This is my current menu:
>oven roasted almonds with paprika / salt (can be done beforehand)
>garlic roasted bread and chorizo (takes 5 minutes in a pan, can be prepared beforehand)
>spicy shrimp in sherry (can be prepared before hand, needs 5 min in pan)
>midsized mushrooms with serrano ham and mozerella (can be prepared before hand, needs 5 - 10 min in oven)
>chiabatta bread with red pesto and olive paste (all bought, bread needs to be warmed in the oven)
>roasted potatoes wrapped in bacon with aioli dip (can mostly be prepared beforehand)

Desert is simply cut fruit with a chocolate fondue, which can also be prepared beforehand.

okay so don't take any advice. why did you even make this thread? its like you want to brag to US in the same way you want to brag to the girl. no wonder you haven't had a date in 10 years.

He wanted input on the subject of tapas.
I also disagree that tapas isnt simple. It's a very relaxed form of dinner.

Wait you're upset I'm not taking your advice? You seem to be projecting quite a bit over the choice of a dish.

Also, I technically asked for advice on tapas.

I feel like tapas would make for a very casual evening without much obligation.

Maybe some cold roasted pork loin cut thinly to eat with some bread

As if cooking for women isn't the best fucking way to lay them

Kek, the guy is just asking for advice on the tapas he already decided upon. You're the one angrily shouting what to do like some self-proclaimed PUA who is getting laid far less than he feels he should.

OT OP, while I think fresh fruit & chocolate is a great choice, a good crême catalane goes a long way and literally just requires you to take it out of the fridge and torch some sugar on it. If you want a specialty cheese like you implied, Manchego pairs great with the other things you mentioned. In terms of topping, aioli is easy to make and very Spanish. I agree with some other anons that a seafruit or fish dish would bring about a nice variation. Hope she isn't a picky eater.

I'm already doing spicy shrimp in sherry, should I do one more fish dish?

Got the menu I planned here in case you missed it.

>chef boy-r-dumb
gets me every time man

i don't care if you don't take MY advice. you just don't seem to want ANY advice. It's no skin off my tits if you don't get laid.

What advice should I heed then?

> keep your door ajar
>leave a note at the door to tell her to come in
>get a rope and an hero from the ceiling fan
>scar her for life for the lulz

You're about retarded. Letting them know you're a good cook could be a part of your game but actually cooking a girl a meal before you've fucked her is romantic suicide. Snacks at most.

Dude, read the thread. I already diddled her.

Now, anyone have any suggestions for non-oily / greasy tapas? I just realised my menu is actually kinda oily.

So I just thought of one but not sure about it since we're also having fruit for desert but:
>melon with serrano ham wrapped around

Probably as a replacement for the mushrooms? Since that also uses ham

Also, how about some smoked salmon wrap bites? Or doesn't that fit?

Something like this perhaps.

Ceviche! Make it as a salsa or keep it in bigger portions. You can use cooked shrimp if starting with raw fish turns you off, simple and you can make it before hand, just wait till the appropriate time.to add the lime juice or the meat will get mushy. 3 hours or so for raw fish, 30 minutes for cooked shrimp

Roasted almonds on the way

Done!

Top is chilli, cayenne and salt.
Bottom is paprika and salt.

Bretty gud

And I already told you good job. I was replying to the guy who said the best way to "lay them" is to cook for them. It's not. It's a good way to keep them hanging around, but that's not necessarily a good thing if he's not getting what he wants out of it.

Ah my bad then.

Whats a diddle?

Trying too hard eh

How is that trying too hard?

OP I would fuck the shit out of you if you made this for me

This is great advice for a first date IMO.

>tfw I made my current gf "gourmet grilled cheese" and a salad on our first date as a joke on our first date and she loved it.

Looks great!

Oh man getting nervous as fuck for our date. I'll post updates throughout the cooking part.

I'm doing mozerella + serrano + melon on a stick, how much before serving can I make those?

Cutting dem potatoes

Ready for the oven in 3 hours!

Just order a pizza dude. Don't overthink it.

be sure to show her this thread after

whilst i totally agree with like, not doing something ridiculous like tapas or something for a first date, i have some issues,

Fucking three course bullshit? Whilst I may be recovering from an extended family do with far far too many sweet desert shit, ditch the three course idea.
Slam that cunt with a simple but effective dish. you are right on forks and cleanliness, unless the bitch is ethnic. Go for something really simple. Bitches get impressed with anything that is slightly better than average western food. So do pasta and make the fucking pasta noodles yourself. That alone will work. Or something like that, where the carb staple is prepared by hand, the quality difference is in general so signficant that that alone will get the vile slut impressed.

desserts are for people who aren't going to fuck,. sure go entree but fuck instead of eat desert, you fat and disgusting american fuck

also, who the fuck knows what a confit is? that shit isn't impressive unless you are a food freak. just make the kind of food the slut likes but do it in a more impressive way.

and don't flambre shit. never flambre shit. the moment you tell someone that you flambred shit you look like a retard.

y tho?

If I was doing a Tapas dinner, with the intention of working out aka sexy time, I would keep it a bit light in portions. For a proper Tapas experience realize that it is indeed nibbles to go with your wine. What would you order for a table of several people? A variety that touches on the senses, sweet, sour, bitter, salty,...right? But, that's hard when just for 2 people, so maybe don't go too extravagant, just good 3-4 courses within the Tapas theme, or even make a paella main, the kind with $$$ in valuable seafood. Gives you time to nibble and chat while it bakes.

So, I would include some funky goat or sheep milk cheese and salami, as well as your bread and spreads idea. Vegetables like grilled eggplant chilled and marinated with peppers, and stuffed or marinated mushrooms, olives, salty nuts, smoky something like fish or meats. I like those baby bell peppers stuffed. Just use a restaurant menu to guide you for ideas. But think about your planning too and what you are prepping ahead and what order you will be serving or baking.

I'd certainly prep a sangria pitcher to enjoy, not just wine to decant. I would spike it with luscious seasonal fruit. Your choice to go white or rioja based on your pairings. Grand marnier ups the flavor and proof. Use it! Might impress with lovely glasses and pitcher, if you have them.

If I'm further wowing someone, also based on the weather, a yummy spanish soup from gazpacho to something warm is nice as well.

Take a peek at the "tasting menu" on this menu for a rounded set of plates.
latascausa.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Menu-2016-December-Web.pdf

Not that I don't appreciate the feedback but there's 2.5 hours till she gets here.

These came out bretty gud

You're practically screaming desperation. Just do pasta and red wine or something.

I'm literally already preparing the food.

My bad. I just saw that you two already fucked so you're in the clear.

Shrimp time!

Done!

Ham + honey melon + mozzarella done

Wimpy shrimp my man

Sad!

Yeah they shrunk a bit.

If I were to ask for advice on cooking I wouldn't do it like 2,5 hours before the date. Might have planned this a bit better. And I do think you are over doing it a little bit but it depends on the girl really. I'm guessing most girls will appreciate a guy actually putting in effort so should be ok.

How was it OP?

My OP is literally 3 days ago

Bretty gud. We ate most of it, except the fruit since I had bought too much. We did the diddle again and it seems like it might get serious. So 10/10 would ignore most advice again.

Are they activated almonds? Did you forget to activate your almonds?

I think you should really more graphically describe this "diddling" you have a lot of Anons invested in your little gastronomic liaison and I think they deserve to know exactly how the nuts and bolts came together.

That shit looks pretty gud bro