How long does it take to read the Bible? Are there any parts that I can skip?

How long does it take to read the Bible? Are there any parts that I can skip?

depends on your effort, but I would say around 30~90 days...I would recommend reading it all, if you are going to read it, might aswell read it completely...but if you come to read it, you will know when you can skip, there are some intense 'familiy-members listing' and also lots of 'how to sacrificy animals to god' that, although I read it, it didn't seem that important to me.

No read the whole thing.

It has around 1300 pages it can take you from half a month to a year. Depending on your speed of reading.

I'm a NEET and I read it in 1 week

It takes approximately 2 days and 5 hours. The minutes and seconds count may depend on the reader. Some deviate by approximately 34 minutes from the 2 days and 5 hours mark. But rarely any shorter than it. So far only Father Precoccitus has been reported as taking the exact approximate time-count of 2 days and 3 hours.

You can skip part II, IV and VII, but it won't affect the total time necessary for reading it. This effect is bizarre, but the reasons for it are explained in the very Book: see pp. 200-212 (1st edition)

The Bible takes approximately 2 days and 4 hours to read. While the days and hours count is virtually fixed, the minutes and seconds count will vary with your reading speed. On very exceptional cases, some readers have been reported to have read the Holy Book in only 2 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes and 45 seconds. Father Preccocitus of Rome holds the record of 2 days, 4 hours. 1 minute and 22 seconds.

Parts II, IV and VII can be safely skipped according to the 1792's papal decree. While you can skip these parts, the reading time itself will not shorten. This effect is mysterious, and to many bizarre; curiously enough, the answers to this mystery can be found in the very same Holy Book, in particular in pp. 200-213 (1st edition)

Where did you find that info? It has slight inaccuracies

The Anglo-American Cyclopaedia (New York, 1917)

6 months if you're me
it's taken me 3 months to read 600 pgs, on pg 700 now

The new testament isn't very long.

If you want a quick overview read Genesis, Exodus, Job, Ecclesiastics, and then some psalms and proverbs at leisure.
Then read the entire NT but pic related version (or NRSV if you're not feeling frisky)

Just read the Revelation of Saint John the Divine, it's the only important part.

Takes about a month or two if you're reading about half a book - a book each day. I really would only skip the family recollections, nothing else. Genesis is the most important book of them all, so be sure you read it well.

>Genesis
>Not the literary masterpiece that is Job

>he thinks it's okay to skip around while reading a book

The bible is the equivalent of a "collected works".

If you really want to read it, search for a daily reading plan online - you can read a few chapters a day and be finished in 52 weeks.

And no, there is no book im the Bible that you can skip. If you're taking that approach, just give up now. You're clearly not dedicated and you won't retain any of it.

Y doe

2 minute

Skip Leviticus, Chronicles and the Psalms

>he doesn't wade in his enemies blood

>Brought TKJB with Gustave Doré pictures on Easter
>Realize it's 1600 pages, small font
I haven't even finished the part about Joshua in Genesis. I mean to get around to it but I have other books I'd rather read

>skipping the Psalms
Literally why? The King James Psalms are some of the most beautiful passages in the bible

>he doesn't understand that the codex overtook the scroll because early christians preferred nonlinear accessibility

this. the bible can't be plowed through. if you're not reading through the chapters 2-4 times, you're not paying attention to everything. i'm taking notes notes notes and it will take me half a year to read it