A tepid lunch

What are some fairly wholesome and complete lunch ideas that will still taste good after several hours at or slightly above room temperature? Drinks, too, I guess.

I have classes for 7 hours some days, so whatever I bring to eat in between has to be good after staying in my bag for four or five hours. Fruit and pb sandwiches are going to get old after a while, and there's nowhere on or near campus to buy anything other than prepackaged deli sandwiches.

I'm thinking pasta salads. Tuna pasta salad, black olive and pesto pasta salad, greek salad. I think you just get fusili or the tube pasta (wtf is it even called) cook it, and the mix it with preferred veggies and meats. Also wondered about making fairly simple seasoned/flavorful chicken + rice dishes.

>tube pasta (wtf is it even called)
Penne.

Natural peanut butter and no sugar added raspberry jam sandwich on whole wheat, cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks, and a bottle of water.

my mom would make me grilled cheese and put it in the fridge before putting it in my lunch. if you like cold/room temperature grilled cheese, it's pretty good in my opinion.

I just eat an apple and a block of sharp cheddar

Find ice packs op.. or some tupperwear that has built in ice packs

Or if youre full peasant status just carry a block of ice

"An apple a day makes a block of cheese ok" - dr user

This is truth.

Room temperature can work to your advantage. You could ferment a nice yogurt in your backpack that'd be ready for lunch. Plus, you'd be known as the "Yogurt Guy" or "that guy with the yogurt". You could hand out jars to your buddies and any cuties and it would be a great ice breaker. Plus, they always say, if the prof knows who you are you'll probably get a better mark. So give it a shot my man!

Some nice dashboard baked pizzas

I used to pick up a loaf of french bread, a block of cheese, and some kind of hand fruit when I knew I was gonna be on campus all day. Apple, pear, banana, orange, whatever.

And peel room temp boiled eggs in class. Girls will notice for sure!

Be real with me fellas. If it got up to 90 degrees and hung around there for 5+ hours, would this work?

You could always buy a cooler pack and stick a frozen block in there to keep whatever it is you want to eat cold.

Dried apricots. An apple. Nuts. I like to snack during the day rather than eat a big meal that makes me want to take a nap. Naps are frowned upon at work, it seems. Also a gallon of water. Distilled water. Pure water is crucial.

>cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks

for what? what use are these things

OP get the smores poptarts or as i like to call them, give me some MORES n make yourself a honey ham sandy with no soggy lettuce and all the condiments you can find (NO MUSTARD) and add a bag of flamey hot cheetos

dont forget the skrawberry nesquik to wash it all down (just look at his swag)

these guys gonna will reccomend you things like veggies and oranges, but thats a load of, and pardon my france here, but thats a load of BS and doesn taste good. did you come here for fruits or to eat good? if to eat good then listen to me, the one with the solid advices

I freeze my waterbottle, and use an insulated bag (got it at an outlet for $5). The frozen bottle (or two!) keeps the sandwich, and another beverage nice and cold in the lunchbox, about 6 hours (what I do each day), and then can also be consumed later as well a few sips at a time as it thaws (can be refilled and refrozen if wastefulness bothers you). You can also drop in some instant coffee, tea, or flavor drops later to it.

From my pantry, I have "emergency" meals for hurricane warnings. Marinated bean, rice or grain salads are just fine warm if they are vinegar or citrus based, and kept just a little cool. Get a basil plant, to kick it up a notch. Squeeze some lime or lemon over some black eyed peas, or cannelini beans, think celery, chopped onion, bell pepper, hot peppers, touch of olive oil if you want to add a fat, which is nice. Buy Suddenly Salad in the box, and add a cubed mozzarella, chopped tomato, chopped cucumber, jarred olives. Or take it mexican with cilantro. Near East Taboulleh salad is also nice, just do your add-ins.

I see no issue with a banana, peeling an orange, enjoying other whole fruit or washed grapes consumed warm. Wrap sandwiches if kept cool can be cream cheese, plus veggies, slice of smoked turkey, anything, and is very portable no worries of smushing.

Most days my lunchbox is a granola bar, whole fruit, 3-4 drinks, and either a microwaveable soup or a sandwich. Even cheese and crackers are fun. Making a sandwich the night before like egg salad, chicken salad, or my favorite pimento cheese gets it nice and cold already for another hour or two of life in the lunchbox.

How do you do it Veeky Forums? Every day you spot a new fucking degenerate.

Don't forget about mason jar lunches. Google a few that make sense to you.

A nice alternative is a cold pasta salad I like is Thai style, very peanutty, and made the day before in a sauce pan, pasta is added, my chopped veggies, tons of sesame seeds or peanuts.

>He's never cooked on his dashnoard

>but thats a load of, and pardon my france here
>and pardon my france
>my france

Something tells me that carbonara isn't going to turn out so well.

I used to take pasta salad in the same situation a lot. (I'm not OP) The problem I had was when it was not refrigerated, it absorbed all the flavors and liquids and became almost flavorless and very soggy and limp mushy.

Buy some MREs, nigga

I can picture op on campus preparing his mre dressed up as a s.t.a.l.k.e.r

ANUUU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably try out some pasta salads and see how those go, also the frozen water bottle truck with some homemade deli sandwiches or wraps.

good post mate thanks

I'll have you know it took the grand prize in the international dash cook-off

I also used to make a lot of pasta salads, in a similar situation. What I did is that I kept the dressing in a small container and only added when eating.

I also avoided using fried things because they'll get mushy and soggy

...what kind of fried things were you putting in pasta salad?

I don't put anything fried in salads, hell other than fries I don't really like fried things, but I came across a few recipes that call for something like fried onion in salads

That was the only thing I could have imagined you meant. Fried onions are a nice topping but they definitely need to be kept dry until eating. There's so many kinds of food that are only truly awesome when eaten at exactly the right moment.

Do you have a favorite dressing you'd use?