Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums

Can you recommend some literature to help me understand why life is so objectively shitty? I'm already familiar with some of the essential works from Schopenhauer and Zapffe, and Ligotti is on my queue. I'd like to read Mainlander and Horstmann someday, but unfortunately it might be quite some time before they're translated into English.

Any other essential thinkers? Maybe some works of fiction? Thanks.

>objectively adjective

If you keep reading books like that it will be. Life is what you make of it.

աշխատել անվտանգ խնդրանքը

Back to /r9k/, loser

Delusional life-affirmers detected. Your kind isn't wanted here.

>being an angry loser

You'll be with likeminded people there

>objectively shitty
>thinking that life has meaning

Read Camus.

Here isnt /r9k/ though.

To properly enjoy literature you need to be alive. And not much is more pleasurable than to walk into a coffee shop with lounge chairs at 9:05 after the morning rush, and to read a chapter or two with your coffee. That doesnt suck. It is utterly decadent to me. Thus for at least that 1 hour, life absolutely does not suck. On alternate days, I go to the gym. That does not suck either. I also get to cook my meals, and I love to cook and eat. I get to drive my Audi, and that is fun as fuck because there are big open stretches up here.

So yes, if you sit and read Ligotti (who is a troll btw) you will get depressed as fuck. Same with Ecclesiastes. Thus the only true philosophy to follow should be that of the Epicureans.

This also. Being an /r9k/ loser goes pretty quick when you are awaiting the death penalty for offing some arab poor.

>life is fuckin epic bro! your juts /r9k/ if you don't see it!
Someday your horses will come. Until then, Schopenhauer sits, patiently waiting.

Even in the fucking picture the horse is enjoying life.

>illiterate life-affirmer not familiar with most famous anecdote in all of western philosophy

ignorance truly is bliss

Maybe you just need to get laid ;-)

Might help, but like everything else that results in pleasure, I'm sure it will be
>great at first
>eventually grow to resent, or at least grow bored of, it
>right back to square one of misery and emptiness

The Bible.

You sound like a bit of a whiny loser

its clear you've barely experienced anything let alone have sex
kek

Le epic life-affirmers out in full force tonight, huh?

>y-your a loser! just get laid bro that solves everything!

Go to bed, Holden

Read global rule 16, it'll shake your world

>objectively shitty
My life isn't objectively shitty idk what you're talking about man

I don't understand why whiney faggots like you want to be miserable. Liquidate every dollar you're worth, move to Thailand and fuck hookers until the money runs out. Spend the rest of your miserable life in hedonism then kill yourself.

Well the hope was that this would instigate a decent literary/philosophical discussion on pessimism, but unfortunately it's only attracted the
>just IMAGINE le sufferer as happy :^)
retards instead

genuine question, is it not exhausting being miserable all the time?

You should have made a better OP instead of your /r9k/-tier one

Stop that faggot "le" bullshit. You can ignore any argument by labeling your interlocutor a "life-affirmer" but it doesn't make you right, it makes you an ignorant cunt.

Take my post for example. I say nothing for or against life, but I've called you a cunt, so you can call me a life-affirmer now if you want, but its wrong.

Misery is my only comfort these days. Are you so illiterate to be unfamiliar with the concept of catharsis?

I remember being 15 as well

Grow up, kid

Dude /r9k/ isn't hated because they're depressed, people hate them because they're angry bitter stupid turbo-neets that hate women on the childish assertion that they owe them sex.

>I don't know how Veeky Forums works

Lol what fucking argument? Calling me a cunt, wow great argument dude sorry I didn't respect your insight

>implying white men shouldn't be top of the food chain for women
>implying this isn't reason enough to hate them

This, I don't harbor any resentment toward women. They, like everyone else, are my fellow sufferers just trying to make it through life.

>implying lumping people together into some kind of coordinated group then thinking this imaginary collective owes you shit isn't delusional by any means
literally pure ideology

Woken can't suffer, they're like children or dogs

"Objectively shitty" compared to what, Narnia? It's life. It's objectively everything. There's no other reality to compare it to.

shut the fuck up you loser

There was a different reality before women got the vote and destroyed life as such

Is this the best shade of green?

Read some actual Schopenhauer, friend, not just his On Women essay. He encourages us to show compassion for all of our fellow sufferers. Those 'Stacies' are partying every night and seeking 'Chad' cock wantonly to fill a hole in their well-being. Try to empathize.

...right. Oh, you're THAT kid again. You must be the most bored little fucker alive, Schopenhater.

Sure, but the shittiness outweighs everything else, just as the anguish and terror of the hunted prey outweighs the momentary pleasure of the predator eating his meal.

That's because the horse didn't read Schopenhauer and merely skimmed Nietzsche.