Who is your Greek mythology waifu and why?

Who is your Greek mythology waifu and why?

Artemis
Virgin goddess of hunting and wilderness

Circe because I want her to turn me into a pig and make me eat her thick Greek bush like a slop trough.

Kassandra

Cassandra. She's very tragic.

When I was in school I had a huge crush on a much younger student who was named Cassandra. That's part of it.

Andromeda

>and why?

Antigone. Strong independent womyn.

Because I read Anouilh's Antigone and Ritsos' Ismene.

Hebe

I shouldn't need to explain.

sharon stone in basic instinct, pure sex

I would just prefer a group of nymphs.

...Continue.

Aphrodite for obvious reasons.

Arachne

For obvious reasons

?????????

I'd become celibate for Artemis

Athena is the only Veeky Forums answer.

Psyche.
She's a pedophile.

Alcibides

literally the most charismatic person ever, and I'm not even gay

Delete this.

Plato.

i would rape europa

eight legs seven vaginas

this

I'd like to have a picnic with Alexander in the Afghan mountains.

This, qt virgin tomboy who dont need no man

fpbp

Patrician as fuck my friend

M'Dusa

I can't believe it took someone so long to post her.

seconded (am gay)

Not mythological, but Sappho is a cutie.

His banter in symposium is GOAT

imagine

In no particular order:

Artemis - love the themes surrounding her. A virgin goddess, related to the moon (night, reflection, menstruation cycle) and hunting in the woods with a bow and arrow, often seen with a bear (the arktoi of the Cult of Artemis are one of my favorites in ritualistic cult scenery)... she's just cool.

Ariadne - the woman of the labyrinth. The woman that presents a challenge to you, and invites you into the complexity of human endeavor, and is related to the Minotaur beast that you must overcome to reach her. Quite possibly the most alluring woman of Greek mythology.

Hera - I like queen types. I like her more than Athena who is too butch for my taste. Her hatred and frequent wrath, but close connection to so many male deities, comes across as a little tsundere to me.

The Naiad - mostly because of John William Waterhouse's depiction of them. I like their relation to water; the flowing / primordial aspect of water resonates well with the simplistic sides of female nature.

Nyx - the female personification of darkness. Feared even by Zeus, one of the oldest deities ever. What's not to like?

Nemesis - I like her more than the Erinyes, who appear ugly to me. I like the spiritual aspect of her drive to retribution and often find this a respectable quality in women, because it is true to their nature as small, but emotionally flowing beings.

Echo - the timid mountain nymph who loved the man that loved himself. Cute enough to be on my list.

Ναυσιkάα. Truly god-like. She saves Odysseus' life (yes, yes she does), yet does nothing to keep him for herself. She shows, in turn, courage, mercy, wisdom, restraint and nobility and gets nothing more than thanks. Sounds pretty good to me for what might have been just another spoiled teenage daddy's girl. On top of that, you just know she's cute af. Definitely marriage material.

If I were drunk or younger and more reckless, I'd let myself be dragged to Medea's bed for some of that cougary cock-craving craziness. I mean you just know that woman is into some weird shit. But just a fling--I'd run like hell afterwards. Not like she wouldn't be able to catch up with me if she really wanted to, on a winged horse powered chariot, or a broom or something.

Dionysus. I like to drink and it'd be super cost effective.

Oh, fuck, it's a dude.

I'd still keep him as long as I get to be top.

Ino is mine and always has been.

>>and why?
you wouldn't believe me

>cutie
She looks like a crusty goth girl.

Was going to say Diana.

I always picture her with black hair, olive complextion, short, short black hair, with an athletic body.

funny thing is, I can never picture her eyes. Most of the time they seem hazel, but other times they seem to change like the seasons.

this woman is the spitting image of her.

(Odd that I always picture her with straight hair)

Wish you would kill yourself.

that shes a virgin is kind of what I like most about her. It means we can do anything so long as we don't have to copulate. (Even Greek)

To me, its like never opening a seal on a package. The idea of whats inside is more important than whats actually in there.

I wish you had the guts to get fruity with me.

Though I would, in a heartbeat, have her child. Gladly. I'd bear any burden.

If I'm being totally honest, her tits and hips are a little too big to match up to the platonic ideal. But somehow I like this picture more because it makes her feel more real.

I can totally see her as a goddess incarnation.

I don't think the taliban would like that very much.

that would require you to get laid first.

>tits and hips are a little too big
Also fake. No goddess will have fake tits.

Aphrodite

Beautiful and willing to date an uggo like hephaeustus so I have a shot

all women wear the mask of divinity.

Its rude to ask them to take the mask off. The mask is who she is. There is no face underneath.

She would never ask ME to take off my mask. Why live with each others frailties?

doesn't she have a penis?

Immortality as a boon, Athena.
Otherwise, definitely Medea:
>Is sworn faith so low And weak a thing? I understand it not. Are the old gods dead? Are the old gods forgot? And new laws made? Since not my passioning, But thine own heart, doth cry thee for a thing Forsworn

i come from a time before gods.

BTFO

>Artemis - love the themes surrounding her.
>...night, reflection, menstruation cycle
>....menstruation cycle

Wait, what?

Selene cuz moon

Aglia, also my Dostoevsky waifu.

you little shit

She was born out of Kronos' cock when it got cut off and fell into the sea.
But she personally does not have a cock, as far as I am aware.

Penelope.

Loyal, smart, badass.

Probably Athena, otherwise, being the most patrician of the gods.

Fuck waifus. Who here /Achilles/?

Diomedes > Achilles.
Achilles never almost killed the God of War himself.

I liked Achilles because he seems like such a flawed, yet possible hero figure.

Why has hardly anyone mentioned Athena? She is by far one of the greatest gods and should be able respected as such.

She shows loyalty, intelligence, beauty, and awe inspiring power.

Theseus meets that criteria and is far more patrician than Achilles. What does Achilles have that Theseus does not?

Galatea, because she's a work of art.

Was she the one who was on the island stranded with him?

Persephone
She always seemed to me like a weird mentally deranged chick who was into necromancy and other bullshit.

artemis is best girl

she is a virgin and will penetrate you

Eris, because you know she's the freakiest in the sack

lazy, low hanging fruit lad

they're scared of alexander in the middle east, they think he's a demon

Xena desu

No it wouldn't, celibacy is a decision to not have sex, not to give up sex after already having it.

Look up moon cycles and women. Women were associated with the moon in old Pagan religions, one main reason for the similarity in the monthly cycles, the other being its reflective nature (the moon does not have light of its own, but reflects the sun's).

Some guys try to actually theorize that the moon's cycles played a role in women becoming "self-aware" before men, hence why it's Eve who bites the apple first, etc. but it gets a little far-fetched then.

A god-like bff and no crazy wife.

No, those were Circe and Calypso, on separate occasions. Those two did try to keep him for themselves.

Artemis was a goddess before Zeus came along, so she was forced into the virgin daughter role. She cavorts naked in the woods with her band of nymphs and kills any man who witnesses her getting eaten out by them. She's an alpha Lesbian. But go ahead and fantasize.

Why so? She's goddess of strategic war, sailors and weaving or something. I like her, but why not Kalliope or Kleio?

Cupid isn't a fat baby, he's just a young god. And she's just as young. Like calling Juliette a pedo.

Bear crossing

But that's just a painting (Charles Mengin 1877)

It's a built up persona or character which comes from ego
And men have no mask but spooks, like this anonymous one you all wear?

Born of the balls of a male god and the sea foam of mother Earth isn't so odd. Claiming Athena was born of a male god is. She was born from her mother and only hung out in Zeus' head to learn his ways.

She's not deranged. Girl was just sniffin' flowers and got kidnapped by her uncle and held him off till later when her mother consented to the marriage. Not even raped in the contemporary sense.

>She's an alpha Lesbian.
>implying we don't know this

>She's an alpha Lesbian. But go ahead and fantasize.
its greek mythos, arent we supposed to be fantasizing rape anyway?

Ares and Theseus

Every thing about this post irritates me.

I don't like this

doubly don't like this

Her eyes are brightly luminescent. Gods can take on any form they like.
I imagine she wouldn't be into large plastic orbs getting in the way of her hunting.

cassiopeia, cuz she just wants to sit on her queen-chair, and look around for the war chariot that bequeaths her.

Alexander. He was beautiful and noble and true and kind and swift and restrained and bigger than life and I just wish that I had been a soldier in his line, one that he smiled at once in a memory that I kept in my breast throughout my life, and that I died in Gaugamela and Alexandros Megaros, in his recitation to the troops, mentioned my name among the list of the courageous dead. I will never be the shield-bearer, the squire, the supporter of a man of passion and it rips me apart.

As far as women, Selene of course. How could you resist being with Selene, she who you could only be with if you accepted the death in life that is eternal sleep? Oh, to be Endymion I would sleep forever.

Theseus was bff with Heracles

alexander isn't a myth...

According to Plutarch it was more like an admiration and rivalry, not a "we get drunk and watch the game together"

>Ares and Theseus.
Theseus is top tier, but why pick Ares?

Agreed, I picture her more like this

To be honest, he might as well be. The historical Alexander and the idea of Alexander are separate and technically Alexander was worshipped as divine which makes him mythological.

What I'm saying is that Alexander was fucking hot.

When Heracles went mad, Theseus was the only one there for him. When Heracles wanted to kill himself, Theseus convinced him not to

I'm not trying to say you're wrong at all, I was just mentioning it since I was recently reading Plutarch. No harm intended.

>What I'm saying is that Alexander was fucking hot.
trudat but what i'm saying is once we get the time machine you can visit your husbandu

Can someone tell me why Alexander is often depicted as white with blonde hair? Isn't he Greek?

Robin Lane Fox is of the impression that this was an accurate representation of Alexander, though definitely touched up (blonde = very dirty blonde for example). We must remember that Alexander's father was Macedonian and his mother was from an area that might as well have been Albania. It isn't totally ridiculous that he was light skinned and blondish.