Slam knife into cutting board because they think the tapping sound makes them seem professional

>slam knife into cutting board because they think the tapping sound makes them seem professional
>taste nothing
>don't preheat ovens
>overcook everything

ITT things beginners do that drive you crazy

When are you paying attention to other people cooking?

Complaining about other beginners is the most annoying thing they do imo.

I hate it when they do the things they see TV chefs do, but have no idea why they're doing it. For instance, rapidly whisking things that don't need to be rapidly whisked or thinking it's a good thing when there's a flare-up in the pan.

when they're around me and cooking

>>taste nothing
This is bad
>>don't preheat ovens
There is nothing wrong with that.
Also,
>undersalting/underseasoning everything
>using olive oil indiscriminately for everything

>not sharing your knowledge

Do you really think preheating an oven is unnecessary? How do you think something like picture related happens?

I've found that most adults who can't cook are pretty insecure about it and will get offended if you try to teach or correct them.

>There is nothing wrong with that.
wtf

>using bullshit cheap dull knives and crying while cutting 1 onion.
>margarine ever
>starting in a cold pan and expecting searing to happen
>using scissors to cut scallions slowly and inconsistently
>owning multiple premixed seasoning mixes
can't think of anything else right now but there are many

That happened by baking a sloppy-ass pizza without parchment or foil on a grid instead of a baking sheet. The temperature would not have been a problem at all if the person had done it right.

By putting raw dough directly onto a metal rack

>starting in a cold pan
I can't think of anything the everyday person cooks that should be put into a cold pan... yet that's not something everyone knows is wrong

What you're looking at in the picture is a frozen pizza that got put into a cold oven. When you do that, the dough's temperature increases slowly along with the oven and gets soft enough that it melts through the rack.

You put it into a hot oven, like you're supposed to, and it firms up fast enough that this doesn't happen.

You have two options: You either ignore them or you work on your way of giving feedback

>What you're looking at in the picture is a frozen pizza that got put into a cold oven.
It probably wasn't even frozen but self-made with too much water in the dough.

Why would precooked dough do that? Just curious.

my bacon method is odd. lay them on a sheet pan with parchment in a cold oven. Turn the oven on to 375, bacon should be done in about 17 minutes.

for some reason starting cold and cooking it this way gets you flatter pieces and a more consistent cooking.

it's the only thing i can think of starting in a cold oven or cold pan.. of course I don't bother at the restaurant because the oven is already hot.

You're arguing with reality, mate. That was a frozen pizza in the picture, I'm not sure what to tell you.

You can tell from the crust that the dough was/is raw.

You make it sound like raw and frozen are mutually exclusive.

>tfw long time gf who can't cook and gets upset when I tell her she is doing something wrong.
I'm genuinely worried about a future where she is staying at home and doing the majority of the cooking 1

>implying you're successful enough to support a housewife

Then is correct. The reason it did that was because it was raw and not on a cookie sheet, nothing to do with preheating the oven

>mad poorfag detected

Not mad or poor, your post just didn't make a lot of sense. You've got a girlfriend that you think someday is going to be your housewife, but she can't cook? Mate, come off it.

>beginners cooking frozen pizza on a cookie sheet instead of making their own dough and cooking it on a preheated stone and pretending they cooked pizza.

If she's so thin-skinned she can't even take cooking advice without blowing up, you should be worried about your future. Period.

Spotting red flags are key to realising you're in a bad relationship, and this one's practically waving in your face.

I absolutely ruined a dish last night with too much pepper/cumin. I'm sorry guys. I fucked up.

Rendering fat should start in a cold pan. Fatty pieces of meat that "can't be overcooked" (ie bacon) also benefit.

God I hate it when people slam their knives in to the chopping board, my little sister does it and it's fucking infuriating when I'm at dads house for a bbq or something and watching her cut shit up cause I sharpen those knives, the only reason she does it is because of that faggot turkroach who sprinkled salt on a steak like a faggot.

>that guy who gets his father to take him into the city to see a marching band

how can you get more n00b than this?

>don't preheat ovens
This is retarded.