I want to learn calculus from the very basics,but i dont trust the internet...

I want to learn calculus from the very basics,but i dont trust the internet. Recommend me a good calculus textbook or whatever book that can teach me everything

Other urls found in this thread:

math.wisc.edu/~keisler/calc.html)
amazon.com/Calculus-Analytic-Geometry-Ron-Larson/dp/0618141804
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stewart Calculus?

Easy as fuck: Calculus 1 by Stewart
Mid level: Spivak
Hard as fuck: Advanced Calculus by Lynn H Loomis and Sternberg

Just read Apostol, nigga. You literally do not need any other calculus book. I mean if you really are autistic enough to want to learn absolutely everything about calculus (you shouldn't be).

Advanced calculus doesnt even go over the basic theorems of calculus though. theres no proof of the fundamental theorem in the whole book

>>Single Variable Calculus
>Intro/primer
"Calculus Made Easy" by Silvanus Thompson and Martin Gardner
"The Manga Guide to Calculus" by Hiroyuki Kojima and Shin Togami

>Weak Students
"Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach" (Dover) by Morris Kline (Very hand hold'y)
"Calculus With Analytic Geometry" by George Simmons (Lots of history)
"Elementary Calculus: An Infinitesimal Approach" by Jerome Keisler (Uses infinitesimals, math.wisc.edu/~keisler/calc.html)
"A First Course in Calculus" by Serge Lang

>Strong Students
"Calculus" by Spivak (Good mathematical exposition, poor motivation, no applications)
"Calculus, Vol. 1: One-Variable Calculus, with an Introduction to Linear Algebra" by Apostol (Good motivation and problems)
"Introduction to Calculus and Analysis, Volume I" by Richard Courant and Fritz John (Good motivation and applications, very difficult problems)
Differential and Integral Calculus by the Russian mathematician N.S. Piskunov (hard to come by)

>Classic References
"A Course of Pure Mathematics" by G. H. Hardy
"Introduction to Analysis of the Infinite", "Foundations of Differential Calculus", "Foundations of Integral Calculus" by Leonhard Euler

>>Multivariable and Vector Calculus
>Weak
"Div, Grad, Curl, and All That: An Informal Text on Vector Calculus" by Schey
"Calculus of Several Variables" by Serge Lang

>Intermediate
"Calculus, Vol. 2: Multi-Variable Calculus and Linear Algebra with Applications to Differential Equations and Probability" by Apostol
"Introduction to Calculus and Analysis, Volume II" by Richard Courant and Fritz John

>Advanced
"Advanced Calculus of Several Variables" (Dover Book) by C. H. Edwards Jr.
"Advanced Calculus: A Geometric View" by Callahan
"Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra and Differential Forms: A Unified Approach" by Hubbard and Hubbard
"Advanced Calculus: A Differential Forms Approach" by Harold M. Edwards
"Advanced Calculus" by Shlomo Zvi Sternberg and Lynn Harold Loomis (H-A-R-D)

>No, I don't have extreme autism

this one is a calc book based on mechanical engineering - it has more interesting problems
use khan academy and patrickjmt and pauls math notes lamar for the lecture portion

amazon.com/Calculus-Analytic-Geometry-Ron-Larson/dp/0618141804

Khan Academy

Why are there so many newfags here, who think they have the right to post?

I will say though I do like the writing style in Loomis' and Sternberg's book.

You can trust the internet.

Which advanced book is the best for self-learning? Just finished Apostol vol.2

> no Fichtenholtz
Always trust the soviets for ground-up teaching of basics

you dont trust the internet but youre asking them to recommend a book?

lel

math tutor dvd series available from torrentz2

Rudin - Principles of Mathematical Analysis

Loomis is a meme

My uni uses "Calculus - A Complete Course" by Robert A. Adams and Christopher Essex. How would you rate it?

depends on what you're looking for. if you just want a basic, mechanical understanding of calculus with an emphasis on computation, then go with Stewart or a similar text. imo this treatment of calculus is fine if you're only interested in using calculus as a tool (i.e. engineering student). if you want a deep, thorough understanding of calculus that offers a bridge to analysis, try Spivak or Apostol. Both are suitable for self-study.

>good motivation

What do you mean? How does one textbook motivate more than another?

"Advanced Calculus: A Differential Forms Approach" by Harold M. Edwards

I recommend Ray Mayers calculus. Not only is it free and available on line it is modern, teaches the history of mathematics, introduces proofs, gives more than generous insight into the hand waiving in most text books, stoked with a great variety of problems many borrowed from famous texts, a pleasure to read and easy enough to learn solo. He devoted a good portion of his life to making the best undergraduate calculus book and it shows. Apostol is great and complete but has lots of gaps and is a much better resource for someone who has already developed mathematical maturity. Ray really explains what calculus is and how it works making it a way more valuable as a first book than any of the classics.