Tfw you can't understand shakespeare

>tfw you can't understand shakespeare

Other urls found in this thread:

stiba-malang.com/uploadbank/pustaka/MKSASTRA/Julius Caesar.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was there once. What are some of your favorite books? Ease yourself into literature. Or, read Shakes aloud, like it's supposed to be done. Do it slowly and go back if you have to.

Imagine the motions and the stage if you have to, use your imagination
Just be yourself

reading shakespeare is pleb-tier, go see it bruh

JUST BEE URSELF

I'm watching Richard II from the bbc hollow crown series and I'm having a hard time understanding what's happening, constantly misinterpreting things, everyone looks like they're wearing a turban

You don't read Shakespeare, you watch it.

Fucking ratface, extra chromosome retard fuck.

I am watching it :(

richard the 2 is kind of special because it follows with the other henries, so some things are just left like that in the apparent hook for the audience of the time

Don't fucking respond to my posts

In fact, fuck off from this thread.

how the fuck can i add shakespears plays to my goodreads list if i dont read them???

checkmate

There's multiple versions that provide help and explanations to make it easier to follow along with and understand. The No Fear Shakespeare series provides simplified modern test alongside the original, for example, and the Cliffscomplete series in particular is pretty good and serves as a nice introduction. Here's a pdf of its version of Julius Caesar that I found online if you're interested: stiba-malang.com/uploadbank/pustaka/MKSASTRA/Julius Caesar.pdf

Like others have said, watching them helps quite a bit too, especially after you've already read it and have taken the time to understand the language and plot. Just jumping into a fast-paced performance is obviously going to be difficult for a beginner to understand.

I'm sorry... Sorry... I should never have shared anything, I'm such a worthless fucking loser I should kill myself...

Read the Shakespeare Made Easy series. Its got the original on the left, and the modern English Shakespeare translation on the right. You can follow the original, just glancing to the translation when you need to. Or read the play straight through in modern English first, just to get to know the story and characters, which is what I do.

No don't user, I love you

This
Its so much fun pretending you're in a one man play, and its great for recall too.

No... I'm worthless. Killing myself would be a net gain for the world.

That feels like wearing training wheels or a diaper or a life jacket :(

get professional help user. No joke.
Also, just go with the Shakespeare Made Easy bro.

better to read analysis than simplied
also read the play before you read the analysis

You get better at it over time. You just have to brute force it for a bit. Also, watching good performances helps a lot

What are the best analytics and critical examinations of Shakespeare?

Bloom's Shakespeare Through the Ages -- on every play + sonnet
Asimov's guide to Shakespeare
The Art of Shakespeare's Sonnets

Any others?

Does the Oxford editions of Shakespeare plays comes with both, original and modern version of it?

Of course they don't. Most editions don't because Shakespeare wasn't Chaucer and wrote in modern English

goddard

The Meaning of Shakespeare, right?
Thanks.

Any others you would recommend?

goddard is all you need really but do read the plays first

I intend first to read all the plays with Shakespeare Made Easy, then watch the plays to make sure I get an image of the plays themselves. And only once I feel ready, I'll read essays on the plays and find my own interpretations of the plays.

I feel that's the best way of understand Shakespeare.

Also, thanks again.

Is there any other recommendation for his Sonnets?

well..it's better to approach it at need rather than in any sequential manner
the reason to read the play is so that you can get the plot before the essay ruins it and to see whether or not you can pick up anything the essay may have to mention mostly to temper the sword so to speak
but i am not so sure about shakespeare made easy, in print form the lines have a rhythm to them in meter and in rhyme, so you should read the play as is

no matter who interprets it or how it is performed there is always something new some new thing to explore or some new interpretation because shakespeare is only on paper yet it's meant to be played even in that is a dualism to be never solved

you can always too up sonnets online

>you can always too up sonnets online
I dunno, his sonnets are half the greatness of Shakespeare. I can't just read online sonnets analysis.