How do you go from this

How do you go from this...

...to this

to this

to this

>He famously claims to be indifferent to the honours and attention he attracts. As we chat on the steps, a BBC film crew buzzes around us. Houellebecq waves them away with his fag smoke and we start to talk about dogs, in particular, his faithful pet, a Pembroke corgi called Clement, who has been left behind in the author's home near Dublin.

>'This is one of the difficulties of fame and travelling,' says Houellebecq. 'It is always hard to abandon him.' Houellebecq reminds me that this is the same breed as the Queen's dogs ('I am more English than the English', he jokes lamely). Then, for a brief moment, he looks genuinely near to tears, raising his doe eyes heavenward. 'The love of a dog is a pure thing,' he says. 'He gives you a trust which is total. You must not betray it.'

His dog died please do not bully it was his only real friend.

You remove your glasses, grow your hair out, smoke a cigarette, and change your clothes.

:(

Really makes u think.

>puppers die

this world is objectively malign

Tfw your vacuum still smells like your old pupper. Tfw certain foods make you sad because you know they were his favourite.

please stop i just teared up reading your post

dogs are the best people they should not suffer

Cancer is how. Chemo is fucking hard on the body, even if you live.

:(

Just be happy they exist at all.

I fucking hate all of you

I have had Whatever on my shelf for a year and I really must read it. Happily I have actually been reading a number of other short books in succession during that intervening year and so I have not been wholly inert.

restar vivant!

that corgi looks like a hijinksy goof

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dog ownership / training guide?
I've never owned a dog and don't know anyone that does, but I'd really like a dog because I love them and I think it'd be good for my mental issues

ChuckLEd hard

i dunno, but houellebecq was really depressive after the birth of his first child. maybe there are some accidents that trigger his depression like the rise of islam or something equivalent.

is he sick? holy shit

t. pleb who knows nothing about this nigga

>he jokes lamely

as i said he may have a severe depression, which results in his declining outward appearance

his dog died which was his only friend in the whole world

can someone look more french?

no.

>this is a 10/10 in France

Why is his upper lip so puffy?

chewing tobacco m8

holy fuck. lmao fuck. laughed too hard at this. he actually does kinda look like him. fuck.

I didn't even cry when he died, because it was long past his time and he'd been suffering so much. I was just relieved. In the following weeks I would come home and expect to see him waiting at the door, or I would peel a banana and expect him to come and ask for a slice, but he wasn't there. Months later I had a dream that he had gone away to live on a special ranch where he was reasonably happy, and where he would remain. That afternoon I found a private moment and choked up for a few minutes.

I'm glad they probably don't have staircases or Girl Guides at that ranch.

Exactly. Lost mine recently too, she was 19 and very ready to go.

how many kids does the goblin have?

i would have thought him an antinatalist

>19
that's very old. what race?

Chemo + 20 years more

he has one son

does he have cancer or is it just pre-emptive?
i didnt find any cancer references on his wiki page

mudslimes are putting cancer on his food.

You do realize he isn't exactly anti-Islam anymore?

reminds me of myself.

I hope I don't scare people

He has only one and had him when he was 25, long before he developed his worldview. His first novel only came out when he was 38.

assure yourself

>corgi
Terrible taste in dogs detected.

>"taste" in dogs

Theyre not ornaments you fuck. Sure some are bred that way but that itself is terrible. They dont exist for aesthetic value.

Mutt, golden retriever and border collie. She had many health issues, arthritis that was treated with medication, and developed old dog vestibular disease for a bit. I didnt mind nursing her and understood where this was going, I was just so happy to have her around as long as I did. Pic related

lol, hitler had a schäferhund. it´s the most obvious choice

Cats are better

everything exists for aesthetic value faggot

Sean Penn?

I am trying to develop a pet with the aloofness of a cat but the level of dependency of a dog.

So you want a pet that needs you but resents you for it?

elaborate

Yes but also cute. The neet population won't be able to compete.

Sounds like you just need a leech gf.

I don't think a leech/gf chimera would be viable.

A girlfriend then?

google images disagrees

underrated

looks very cute, sorry for your loss user

All okay. She was very old and had a good life.