So my parents gave me 10 kilogramm of beets for my birthday, what are some good meals to make with a lot of beets?

So my parents gave me 10 kilogramm of beets for my birthday, what are some good meals to make with a lot of beets?

Borscht? Can't think of much else.

>So my parents gave me 10 kilogramm of beets for my birthday
That's a little odd, don't you think?

They keep a long time in a cool, dry place. You don't have to eat them all at once.

I like to roast them. Coat in olive oil and place in tinfoil packets with a sprig of rosemary, thyme and/or tarragon. Roast in oven at 400F for 1 hour. Let cool and the skin easily peels off. Slice and eat or chop and add to salads. Make borscht or cover with a pickling brine.

I keep hearing that parents are too afraid to beet their kids these days, though.

NOT IN SOVIET RUSSIA

they taste not so good but you need a bit not good to live

either
>pickle them
or
>2 smaller carrots
>1 large apple
>1 beet
>throw all this through a juicer
bam, a morning juice

Use them as a burger topping, pardner

Beets go really well with chocolate. Roast a heap of them, blend and use them in brownies.
Or chill them after roasting, blend them with a frozen banana and some cocoa powder to make a chocolate shake.

damn, Schrute.

Beets make some Killer Tofu

Roast em
Borscht

>10 kilogramm of beets
Just how russian are you?

where the fuck are you from OP, slavistan?

Great. They are good for both desserts and meals.
Just google that shit up senpai.

Beet wine, get drunk, not joking, try it.

Cosmoline

I thought these were fake veggies from Doug.
I've never ate one or heard of anyone eating them irl.

Dwight Schrute has entered the conversation

When heated up they become really sweet and delicious, julienne them and roast in the oven or something and serve as a side to chicken. Goes well with carrots, parsnip and other root vegetables

I gave my friend 30lbs of rutabaga for his bday, I don't see what you mean

>boil it
>grate it
>also grate lots of horseradish
>mix it with the beet
>add salt sugar and vinegar until it tastes awesome
>store in jars and serve with anything you like (eggs, meat, potatoes, sandwiches, etc.)

It's a Romanian recipe, you should def try it.

I also use beet when I make dumpling filling and you can have it raw in really thin slices with some lemon juice and olive oil and some carrots and green stuff in a fancy salad to top off a main dish.

curry

Plant them! You'll have more later! Or you can make a roast beet, goat cheese, and walnut salad!

Nah, beets grow easily from seed.

Beat them

It's weird how there is /always/ at least one thread up at any time on Veeky Forums in which some user has come into possession of an inordinately large amount of a particular ingredient