What's your favorite porridge/hot cereal? I love steel cut oats but I want to try every kind of grain porridge there is

What's your favorite porridge/hot cereal? I love steel cut oats but I want to try every kind of grain porridge there is.

I only ask for a handful of oats, brother.
Could you spare some?

I used that pic because it was the only thing oat related that I had saved. I should have known what would happen.

I buy the cheapest 1 minute oats I can find. Too bad Dollar Tree quit carrying the "I

I don't understand this meme

Oats?

Still makes me kek :D

Ah, that cleared things up

>What's your favorite porridge/hot cereal? I love steel cut oats but I want to try every kind of grain porridge there is.
OP, I love thick grits. There is a nicer texture in the longer cooking kind, as you notice with your steel cut preference. Don't buy instant. I might top it with just butter and salt and pepper, red eye gravy, eggs and cheese, whatever. Making a cheddar grits souffle in the oven is also a nice treat if you feel like the effort :P

I love oats prepared in a dairy based way, think cherries and cream, bananas and cream, and then some kind of texture on top, raw sugar, drizzle of molasses on top of toasted nuts. Chopped dates and pecans. Peaches or even tropical fruit from dried carambola I make in my food dehydrator to chopped ripe mangoes I simply keep in my freezer ready to use.

The other grains, including cream of wheat, bleh. They are only good in a small amount with other grains. Look at Bob's Mill for an idea. Quinoa, wild rice, etc, can all be cooked in dairy, even overnight in your crock pot (purchase a baby sized crock), and then add your dried or fresh fruit, etc.

Something you may not have considered is hot milk poured over day old cornbread, honey on top. Very southern. You can do the same thing to.

The only thing to get is that one pig has oats and the other pig doesn't have any oats and they're both kind of fat and funny-looking.

Wow people are really grasping at anything nowadays, aren't they?

Not just anything brother. Its the oats... we crave them brother. Might you spare some? Our bellies ache

You're fucking retarded

Oats are shit

Definitely grits as a favorite, but I haven't met a hot cereal/grain I didn't like. Cream of Wheat, oatmeal, whatever.

I like grits any way I can get em. Here's my favorite way.

>Real grits, stone ground, not "instant"
>Butter, salt, pepper
>Scraps of whatever meat I've got leftover - burger, sausage, scrapple, goetta, etc.
>Tiny bit of Marmite (omit salt if using this)
>Made with milk, not water

Do you like it sweet or savory? Never tried this particular stuff from Bob's, but everything else has been either good or better. Ironically I find it cheap as fuck at Big Lots.

I eat it lightly sweetened but I haven't tried it savory. If I am craving something savory I just end up using grits.

I love steel cuts oats as well, but I also really like smooth hot cereals like Cream of Rice, Cream of Wheat, and Malt-O-Meal. Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal is the bee's knees. I think other companies make a similar product, but I haven't tried them yet. I also like using regular rolled oats to make "overnight oats" with yogurt, berries, and almonds or walnuts.

Oats are great. Try bran cereals. They were a favorite of mine because >dat fiber which made my shits beautiful and fun. Oat bran can be microwaved without it overflowing, has a mild oat taste, and acts pretty much the same as oatmeal. There's also barley bran and rye bran which are both gud. Semolina porridge and cream of wheat are good too.

I put a few spoons of it in smoothies

red river

weetabix is pretty great.

i hope to try grits someday. i've never seen it in stores around here.

If you ever have the chance to buy grits, make "baked garlic cheese grits". It's the tits. My mom's family is southern, and this was a staple at holiday dinners, and when we had "shrimp and grits". Regular grits (as in, soft cooked grits) are a nice breakfast food (best with salt and butter), but baked garlic cheese grits are almost souffle-like (denser, though) and go with so many mains....ah, now I'm getting nostalgic. Pic related, it's my shrimp and grits.

I get rogers

Hot wheat, with a spoonful of Nutella mixed in.