Do you give your pet human food Veeky Forums? If so, how often, and what is their favorite?

Do you give your pet human food Veeky Forums? If so, how often, and what is their favorite?

where's the difference between human and pet food ?
if i eat meat my dog gets parts i trim from the raw meat, sometimes he gets some cheese or sausage if it doesn't contain to many spices/salt/whatever, when i cut veggies he gets some as long as they aren't poisonous, same goes for fruits.

I had a mouse and i usually fed him fruit, seeds and crackers. He loved bananas. One time i gave him Oreos and he got really sick. Rip lil' Hector

>giving a mouse oreos
Kek you done fucked up m8

Chicken and deer/beef jerky

Of course. I give my pet human plenty of food.

Otherwise, she'd starve.

I used to give my miniature a bit too much human food an he started to get a little fat, so I've pretty much cut out all the human food all together. However, he does go completely apeshit every time I make microwave popcorn, so I'll always share a bit of that with him. Most of the joy he gets in eating come from his milk bone snacks and his one bacon stip snack thing I give him.

My vet had me give my dog bland, boiled rice with poached chicken, carrots and peas. He was having tummy/poopie troubles and it got him through it. He loved it.

My cats like to eat sliced pepperoni and my dog tends to eat literally anything.

My cat likes licking olive juice.

Did he ask for a glass of milk?

I give my cat chicken pieces or slow cooked pork shoulder.

If they made ear wax flavored treats then cats would be much easier to train

My dog gets sick really easily so we can't anymore. We even have to get (somewhat) special dogfood.

my dog recently died at the age of 12 (rip daggett) but i used to give him bacon whenever i cooked it, that mother fucker loved that shit more than anything

what's the deal with cats and ear wax

My cat likes olives

Whenever I go to the butcher I make sure to pick up a small pepperoni stick for my cat, and a landjager for my dog

I give my cats chicken breast and beef liver as treats. One of them goes crazy for the chicken.

I don't season it, but otherwise I prepare like I would do with human food.

Cats go apeshit over peanut butter. I can't make a fucking sandwich without them shoving their head in the jar and getting hair stuck inside forfuckingever.

Other than that I share bits of what I'm eating with them often. Each one likes a different food in particular as well. There's one who loves Pringles, another who loves popcorn, and my bottom bitch who loves waffles.
The dog is like a Chihuahua Rosie though after years of chicken nuggets, pizzas, and pulled pork.

I had cats going nuts for some really random stuff like coffee, beer and pickles.

feeding your pets onions kills them btw

If my dog was a good boy, he gets a little treat.

Ohh, my dogs tail just wags when he knows he's getting a treat of chocolate covered raisins. Just loves them.

i make my doggo meat stock. i save bones from chicken and beef roasts and every couple of weeks i put them in the pressure cooker for a while.

the stock is really gelatinous. i put it on his dry food - he goes fucking crazy for it.

You shouldn't because you can give your pets the beetus

and string cheese. he's normally a pretty well behaved dog, but if he sees someone with string cheese who isn't giving him any he will start barking.

my dog knows he gets to eat whatever is left on the plate after i'm done, so usually steak trimmings or grease. he probably gets some stray onion and garlic and that's supposed to be bad for him but it's such a small amount. I should be more concerned about all the poison I put into my own body. He's a fucking dog

I always give my pup the leftover bones from porkchops. He knows the smell by now and has become quite demanding.

My dog loves Kit Kat's ever since I gave her two pieces on the car ride home from the store.

Now she goes crazy over the smell of one so I give her half a Kit Kat about once a week.

ever heard of aujeszky's disease ?

you should try some dark chocolate, i'm sure she'll love it even more

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
CHOCOLATE AND GRAPES ARE HIGHLY TOXIC TO DOGS
STOP IMMEDIATELY

i know autists have problems noticing sarcasm. no one is retarded enough to give a dog chocolate

I frequently gave my two dogs chocolate for about 6 months when they were about three yrs old.

Stopped doing it once I found out its bad. They both died young in their sleep around ten yrs old.
The chocolate have anything to do with it?

more like the whole way you treated your dogs since you were retarded enough to feed them chocolate, i don't want to know what kind of dogfood and treats they've got

Lots of romaine lettuce, herbs, and an occasional banana/blueberry/blackberry/mango.

They did get a lot of snausages and other dog treat junkfood. They were treated great. 1 acre yard to run
around outside which they did often.
One was a boxer the other wheaten terrier.

>highly toxic

Please do yourself a favor and take a moment to learn the basic principles of canine physiology. There is nothing inherently toxic about chocolate to dogs. The compound in question, theobromine, simply takes longer to metabolize in dogs due to a reduced amount of the necessary enzyme.

You can feed a dog a few cookies a day. It wont hurt it. Just don't give it a 500 gram bar of dark chocolate.

post moar bunny

My cat begs me for crackers, cheese, deli meats, fat scraps, and will literally attempt to knock popcorn out of my hands in a mad fury to get to it. I let her have much of any of it, maybe a few grams of cheese or half a cracker and I try to only give her the puffiest parts of popcorn without any kernel attached.

>There is nothing inherently toxic about chocolate to dogs.
full retard

He gets a bacon sandwich every Sunday morning.
He likes HP on it.

>giving a fat dog a bacon sandwich

RIP pancreatitis doggy

Just lunchmeat.

Whenever I make a ham/turkey sandwich, my cats come running to the kitchen and beg. They don't beg for chicken or shrimp, just lunchmeat. If I try to give them some other type of meat, they usually ignore it. Even if I put some Thanksgiving turkey on the ground, they don't care. They only want the stuff that comes from the deli.

I give my human pet food. Bitch thinks she's fancy eating pate. Oh it's fancy alright... you could almost say it's a fancy feast!

My cat was sick recently and would only eat Fancy Feast broth packets. Some of that shit smelled pretty tasty. One even had a whole shrimp in it.

I made him some shrimp broth of my own and he wouldn't eat it. Little fucker.

I just came back from a fruit and veggie store. I got her mint, thai basil, and some strawberries. She's not a picky eater :)

Then why the fuck did you buy all that stuff :)
Feed her weeds :)
She literally is a shrub eater :)
She eats free shit :)
Yet you wasted money on food :)

She's a cute bune tho :)

To each own. I like feeding her a diverse diet. If I was a rabbit, I wouldn't want to eat the same weed over and over again. Besides it is still winter up at Chicago.

Thank you I will pass the compliment along.

You know, you could go harvest non-toxic indoor plants, and vary the types so she gets a diverse diet.

>humans thinking they know what's best for another separate species

What if someone enforced on you what you can and can't eat?

Domesticated animals cannot feed themselves

What's your point?

I think chocolate being bad for doggos is a meme.
Every Sunday I make a roast and chocolate cake or chocolate self saucing pudding and give Charlie all the scraps.
He loves a bit of cream on his pudding, I wonder if he was a human in a past life?

Dog loves it and good for him tier
>watermelon
>raspberries
>sliced apples
>cooked broccoli
>snap peas
>blueberries
>roasted sweet potato
>roasted/pureed pumpkin
>raw eggs
>cooked eggs
>raw liver

dog loves it but it's only okay in small amounts tier
>greek yogurt
>peanut butter (prefer a brand that's just ground peanuts + salt, or powdered peanut butter)
>low fat cottage cheese
>any kind of other cheese

I also give him the heel of a bread loaf, but that's not really good for him so it's neither here nor there.

>what if someone convinced you this is what you must eat.

Yeah, that's called "marketing". Don't pretend for a instant, you're somehow immune. You're not.

yea i bet u love feeding your dog grapes

yeah choosing to put down kitty or giving him insulin shots for the rest of his life is a shit situation

scrambled egg, each morning.

thats a fucking huge cat

My border-collie was actually obsessed with almonds at one point.

She's a cute little bunny. Sounds spoiled too :)

not "human food" but i do supplement their dry kibble with a portion of canned dog food as well as white rice and whatever protein i'm eating that day (or have left over in the fridge from the previous night). typically shredded roast chicken, or sliced braised beef or pork (fat removed). i will also give carrots, apple slices, and pineapple chunks as snacks once in a while. occasionally give plain greek yogurt just to make sure he's got some probiotics floating around in his gut.

>I think chocolate being bad for doggos is a meme.

it's not a meme you dumb fuck, caffeine is not good for their hearts.

This.. is underrated..

i give my chickens leftover rice

My cat shamelessly begs for anything that comes out of the kitchen but turns her nose up at nearly everything I offer her. She'll eat a bit of cheese if I offer her some though, and she does like trying to sneak pieces of pork chops if I make them.

My older pug loves cucumbers. Usually if it's a meat that doesn't have any spices on it we give him a piece if it's cut up.

Is semen "human food"? I mean, hey, chicks and homos eat it. If so, three times a week.

i enjoy chicken over rice. we have so much in common

I give the dog beef and pork bones and small portions of moldy bread because it helps digestion. I give the cats fish and chicken scraps.

I didn't know they let fags in here.

>pork bone
For dogs, there's a splitting that can happen with this bone when cooked (and chicken too), and it makes a sharp splinterly dagger like point when they chew and swallow. Vets recommend never giving chicken or pork bones if cooked.

I have two doggos. One is 13, other is 10mo.

The older one will eat anything but plain lettuce, the younger one seems to take after her.

I give them "human" good everyday. Generally carrots and sweet potato or broccoli. Occasionally melon or Apple. And a deli meat or two

For at least the older one, she loves mango but that gives her the shits so stopped doing that a while ago. Would say her fav one that I still give her is banana.

My dog fucking loves cheddar cheese sticks, he goes nuts for them

pic of pooch

Pasta without sauce just straight from the boiling water. They go nuts for it.

You mean like a menu?

Uggo doggo

I give my african grey a little of whatever we're having for dinner 5 of the 7 nights a week. Steak is definitely his favorite.

same, both of my little bastards love to use my earplugs as a Popsicle

My dog eats tortillas and hard boiled eggs like a fucking fiend. She also loves to finish off my coffee in the morning.