I know homosexuality was never mentioned in the Giver...

I know homosexuality was never mentioned in the Giver, but given the dystopian nature of the society and their philosophy, what do you theorize would happen to homosexuals in their society, especially since that cannot be detected at infancy, and they mostly to aim at that age for exterminating "unwanteds".

I know they like to live in a black and white world without religion or color to cause division, but how would human sexuality fit in since it is such a continuum with such variables? Would they just let gay men live in peace with the rest of them and marry or would they kill them, and wouldn't killing them for loving the same sex in of itself cause division in society?

How do you think homosexuality would fit into the universe of The Giver Veeky Forums?

this book sucks

God damn this is a shitty post.

You're wrong. It's my all time favorite book.

They don't make "sucky" books into major motion pictures.

Are you 15?

Bait

No 29.

I think the gay people would be killed because they are different, everything in that world seems aimed at maximum uniformity so while keeping the gays around would be good for population control it would also bring up a lot of questions. Then again maybe gays are not killed, If a recall correctly sex in this world is very strange/only for reproduction the rest of the time its suppressed with pills so maybe gay people are kept chemically castrated the same way as everyone else and just have a baby assigned to them (I think this option is most likely)

prim kino

I actually loved that movie. I think Twilight would have been a better example, that sucked.

is he Veeky Forums or are all those books shit?

What else did you love?

tell me

Im curious

please

what's my pleb level for thinking Horns is a decent book? I haven't seen the movie

I enjoyed that one for it's slapstick, didn't know it was a book.

Never saw it but want to.

I have a thing for dystopian society books and movies like Atlas Shrugged.

Homosexuality and its accompanying ideology would probably fit well into the "utilitarian" dystopia described in The Giver.

You're so funny.