Literally 99.99% of the problems posed in this book are solved by Democracy

>literally 99.99% of the problems posed in this book are solved by Democracy

Is there seriously a better system of government?

Nope. A Machiavellian revelation.

That's the point, you putz. It's like you're quoting others' arguments as a substitute for reading the book.

Machiavelli believes a republic is the highest form of governance, but knows that it can be prone to takeover. The Prince is a guide to how the guy who takes over should rule in the absence of a republic. It's not a treatise on autocracy and fear, it's a necessary text to provide guidelines to a tyrant who refuses to abdicate. He's trying to do the best with what he's given.

Machiavelli was perhaps John Adams biggest intellectual predecessor. In response to your question, no.

>inb4 the kids get in here and stink up the thread with their trendy extremism

Try the redpill and see how you like democracy then and what is being done to us

Other democracies don't go to war with each other, THAT'S the point

lel

>fluoride in the drinking water, tapping our phones, control over your life

democracy is hell

>solutions are good
>problems are bad

explain Tony Blair then

democracy killed socrates
democracy killed christ

democracy was a failure since the satart
democracy is a game of popularity and budget

since the start**

>inb4 the kids get in here and stink up the thread with their trendy extremism

Literally the next post. lol

>Redpill

Good one user

no they're not
did you read it
???

Reminder that Juche is best political ideology and solves all problems

The book postulates that removing your enemies is a key part of ruling efficiently. If you did this in a democracy you would likely suffer a loss of votes and therefore you may lose your grip on power.

How does democracy work when most politicians sobotage or evade the constitution, and the public is completely demoralized over their own system of government? The only rational solution is a self imposed dictatorship and to abrogate all the laws of the land.

Really makes you think.

not really.
see Erdoğan, Putin etc

jews killed christ u dingus,politicians killed socrates

i don't think you realise that you're trolling

this

>thinking democracy works on commonwealths greater than ~500 people
L
O
L

>jews killed christ u dingus,politicians killed socrates
there are people on Veeky Forums right now who misread plato THIS bad

>democracy killed christ

You can´t kill someone, who doesn´t exist

Democracy solves nothing. Democracy is how you maintain shit, not how you gain it.
P.s the book is one of the driest books I have read and these days only half of the methods shown would be useful

this
the prince is one of the most misunderstood books ever probably

this is the worst post ive seen in a minute

>he still believes DPT

it's a meme tier theory where whenever you find an example of war between democracies some zealot adherent will say BBUT NO ONE OR BOTH OF THOSE DEMOCRACIES WEREN'T REAL DEMOCRACIES ACCORDING TO MY ARBITRARY METRIC OF WHAT CONSTITUTES REAL DEMOCRACY

>BBUT NO ONE OR BOTH OF THOSE DEMOCRACIES WEREN'T REAL DEMOCRACIES ACCORDING TO MY ARBITRARY METRIC OF WHAT CONSTITUTES REAL DEMOCRACY
That is what every apologist for every system says

No, and it's funny that that's such an unpopular opinion on Veeky Forums.

>That is what every apologist for every system says
are u defending dpt or shitting on other systems?

Real democracy is the best form of goverment. The quality of the goverment doesnt have anything to do with it.

you dont see something fundamentally outrageous about having the cost/payoff of a gov't separated to its constitutents by what is a mostly invisible/imagined 300,000,000 person blender?

Both of them deserved to die

Was it a satire?

>democracy

Filthy Traitors get out. If you are in the Anglo sphere and aren't loyal to Lizzy just kill yourself.

If your country has a royal family and you aren't loyal to blood and soil you are literally human garbage

Democracy means a million slimy burocratic cowards shirking responsibility and importing low iq scum. People who don't even care about your own democracy or values, let alone the proper sovereign.

Sovereignty means peace, order, responsibility and working for your children's future.

Leftism is unironically a slippery slope which excuses all sorts or retarded moral posturing and degeneracy.
You will literally have leftists arguing about how women should be allowed to fuck animals in 5~ years, and these people won't believe what they are themselves saying. They are just riding along. Carried like trash on a raging River of shit.

>You will literally have leftists arguing about how women should be allowed to fuck animals in 5~ years
that's the time frame for pedophiles, i'm putting bestiality a few more years out.

everything else is true

>Democracy solves problems

you know 10 years ago i would have called you crazy for believing in the slippery slope but things have '''progressed''' so far that now I believe you

That's exactly how it works you fucking retard.

Many places have legal bestiality.

This is obviously the rational thing to do. But I guess your "feeelings" are just too precious.

'sup bro, mind if i fuck your dog? well it doesn't matter if you care, it's legal xD

>Democracy means a million slimy burocratic cowards shirking responsibility and importing low iq scum
As opposed to the glorious, orderly institutions of Iran, Qing China, or Russia under the Tsar.

Where can I fuck a dolphin?

Land animals are gross but dolphins get p sexy.

A lot of things you might not like are legal, user.

Besides, I don't think you can fuck other people's private property. Private property is one of those things the law gets really intense about.
Well you could go on /soc/ if you're okay with whales.

It's quite likely the Prince was intended to be a false flag. The book was written as a gift to the Medici family, which had previously tortured Machiavelli and broke his arms. Machiavelli dedicated the book to Lorenzo di Medici and credited him for everything in it, but it wasn't published until both of them had been dead for a couple decades. And considering how favorably Machiavelli favored republicanism, So thus, IMO the Prince was likely intended as a satire to inflame the increasingly literate lower-classes against the nobility.

>It's quite likely the Prince was intended to be a false flag
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>The book was written as a gift to the Medici family, which had previously tortured Machiavelli and broke his arms
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes. Benevolent dictatorship in the fashion of Napoleon.

You mean the guy who repeatedly fucked up?

Bismark is a better example. Even Stalin.

I'm fine with them too :^)

>Bismarck
>Dictatorship

Yeah, he was a hippy dippy Anarcho-Communist.

or, you know, fucking England. it's only been a monarchy for a millennia. or what about the Roman Empire? that one lasted a while, iirc. In fact, a lot of the world's various despots have fallen only to be replaced by other despots. The Byzantines to the Ottomans and the Eastern Empire to the HRE, the Tsardom to the Soviets, the Kingdom of France to the French Empire. Really it's only been the US going around and installing democracy everywhere it goes.

it's the incompetency and arrogance of the aristocracy that causes revolutions, not the system itself, whatever that system is. democracy has all the same problems, you just have the illusion of influence. the reason you think it works any better is because no democracy has been stupid enough to trigger a major revolution yet, because the key is to keep the plebs fat and happy. this might go on for a few hundred more years, or it might not. European Unification seems a good time to give the 'ole Global Empire thing another shot.

dictatorships are the most stable form of government, which is itself an oxymoron, because governments are inherently unstable. the fact of the matter is that some types of governments work better some of the time, and others better some other times. dictatorship ticks more boxes than anything else, and are the most easily reshaped into something else to keep the plebs happy. governments are just a way to take a bunch of resources and put them in the control of a few people to do with as they see fit. whether they're elected or not doesn't really matter, whatever keeps the plebs happy.

and none of this is to say that governments are bad, they're pretty good at keeping a lot of people happy, but some modicum of self-awareness is appreciated.

>or, you know, fucking England.
You mean that country that constantly degraded their whole concept of monarchy?

Your other examples are all bywords for extreme corruption. The system of patronage encourages corruption and inefficiency. They system of entrenched government officers prevents any necessary reform, and of course neuters meritocracy.

Plenty of democracies have had revolutions depose them.

Dictatorships get fucked up all the time. Most obviously, most recently, in the Arab Spring.

>which is itself an oxymoron, because governments are inherently unstable. the fact of the matter is that some types of governments work better some of the time, and others better some other times. dictatorship ticks more boxes than anything else, and are the most easily reshaped into something else to keep the plebs happy. governments are just a way to take a bunch of resources and put them in the control of a few people to do with as they see fit. whether they're elected or not doesn't really matter, whatever keeps the plebs happy.

I'm with you, revolutions are a good thing, but only insofar as they force the reforms that the plebs want right then. the government remains in its basic form. that is, to take many resources and put them into the control of a few people. whether they're chosen for who their father happened to be, or by military coup, or by an electorate of uneducated plebs doesn't matter. the end result is still few controlling many, which is an inherently unstable situation, yet, paradoxically, the most stable thing we've yet to figure out.

dictatorships just cut out the middleman that is bureaucracy. without it, competent leaders prosper, but incompetent leaders flounder. it's self-selection bias, or else just coincidence, that most dictatorships end up with incompetent leaders around the time the plebs want some change.

I won't argue that they encourage corruption, but I would ask, how does democracy prevent it? If the US is any example, it doesn't. corruption is another inherent property of government. greedy, selfish people have a way of finding their ways into positions that benefit them more than anyone else, no matter how their government is structured.

Correct, the problem is that not a single country is running a democracy at the moment.

>system of government
pffftt hahahahahaha

In terms of the generation of positive power mechanisms and subversive mechanisms, it's malleability to cultural differences and its biological controll mechanisms. It is essentially the most advanced state of force pattern propagation ever existed and conceived of (i think) so far

This is now it does not work, you supreme gentleman.

Christe eleison

>dictatorships just cut out the middleman
that's the point. oligarchs, which are the real problem plaguing the world, an who are the ones who install dictators, they will always exist. democracy kind of insulates the ass fucking they carry out on the people. if they didn't have to constantly work around laws and rights and procedure, we'd all enjoy a proper tyranny, like everyone so desperately anticipates.

Tzarism

>napoleon fucked up more than stalin
lmaoo