Is Alfredo sauce actually a thing in Italian Cooking, or is it just an American thing?

Is Alfredo sauce actually a thing in Italian Cooking, or is it just an American thing?

Your about to have a whole world of sauces opened up to you user. Unless everyone here are just dicks. Then You'll just be called a fag.

op should make a alfgaydo

>alfgaydo

Do you have a recipe? Can't find anything on google and not sure how to translate it in to english

In italy they just call it Alfred sauce.

It's a lot like Dangling Mushroom Sauce..

Brocoli with alfredo sauce is a GOAT snack.

It's just a cream sauce with cheese in it, pretty sure that's a thing in Italy and has been for a long time

That said, American alfredo that you get at a store is nothing like actual alfredo

we put everything on pasta but "alfredo sauce" isn't a thing in italy

No, we have our creamy sauces but nothing by that name. I always wondered why it is so popular and what makes it a staple in the USA though.

>I always wondered why it is so popular and what makes it a staple in the USA though.

Pretty sure it's because it's an Amerifats wet dream of the perfect combination of unhealthy...it's 3 ingredients are:

1) Butter
2) Sweet Cream
3) Tons of Cheese

Indeed, only goats would eat dat shit.

it's not a thing in italy. it's gravy on noodles if you think about it...

Definitely not an Italian cu/ck/. Fettuccine All'Alfredo is an Italian classic, although the actual 'Alfredo sauce' is basically 'so much butter it doesn't incorporate' plus unaged Parmesan cheese. There should be butter literally trickling down the ribbons of pasta as it is transferred from dish to plate.

The American Alfredo sauce, however, is usually an actual cream sauce and is not much like the original.

>The American Alfredo sauce, however, is usually an actual cream sauce and is not much like the original.

From the recipes I'm reading online, it seems like the original plus cream

Alfredo sauce becomes popular pretty much wherever it is served, but it is undeniably more popular in the USA due to the attention it was given by various hollywood stars back in the day.

For folks looking for a recipe, Alfredo sauce is so stupidly easy it'll blow your mind -

1. Toss some garlic in a pan with butter, cook it out a bit. Doesn't take a lot of butter, I wouldn't overdo it if you're gonna use heavy cream
2. Add previously mentioned cream.
3. Stir it a bit, let it heat till it's just about bubbling, then start adding your Parmesan in small amounts. Mozzarella is a good substitute, but wont taste the same.
4. Add chopped basil and salt/pepper to taste

Nothing crazier than that, man. Might need more basil if you substitute in Mozzarella, to get a more traditional Parmesan flavor. Oh and

OBSESSED

I love this "America is stupid food culture, why do they do this?" meme
No one realizes that immigrants from your countries made food over here, and since immigrants from other countries didn't like it, it was changed to suit immigrants from all countries tastes.

I guarantee that the immigrants that made this 'shit food' you guys all complain about, called themselves something other than 'American' while they lived here.

tldr: we house the shit, you guys made it

>Hoping for the best on Veeky Forums

Are you a new fag or are you being sarcastic?

Traitors and losers built your country that's correct

You forgot the part where we use bagged or liquid chemicals for ingredients in 5 story steel towers and canned or bottled at 50 gallons a second. And the search for cheaper chemicals for " new and improved"

You're not wrong

It's good but holy shit the jarred stuff is nasty

In the rain and in the snow.

this, make your own, it's dead simple

also this, have eaten it in Italy it's called pasta al parmigiano, good thing you have to walk like 15 miles a day

Lol why you mad, I was just wondering what the fucking deal was. You butthurt autistic piece of angry shit.

Yeah I know the fucking sauce originated in Italy but it is not a staple is it? Only moved to Rome like six months ago but I don't see it in the Coop or anything. As opposed to canned tomato sauces etc.

Just American, we dont have it in Italy

Italian here, never heard of alfredo sauce

italian here. We don't have that here. I tasted chicken alfredo when I've been in New york, I didn't like it that much, it's basically a fatter version of bechamel/white sauce.

>it's basically a fatter version of bechamel/white sauce

American here, never looked up a recipe before but when I make alfredo, I just add a bunch of extra fat/cheese to bechamel.

Pizza baby.