Has anyone ever written a novel about a shut-in NEET?

Has anyone ever written a novel about a shut-in NEET?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/nxG5GKVi
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wrote a short-story similar but he's in Uni. It's very cringe to read tho

my diary 2bh

Get your life together, you pathetic loser

My journal, to be honest.

A book that includes information about my daily activities, if I'm being honest with you.

welcome to the nhk
oblomov
the underground man

Resorting to cliched namecalling has no effect on the contemporary NEET. We are economic auto-didacts, self-taught philosophers and gifted visionaries. While others waste their life labouring under the orders of those who see only material cost in life, we pursue leisure above all else, knowing as we do that leisure and time to oneself is the basis of genius. Despite many people disliking the culture and society they help maintain through their work, and despite understanding now that we have only a single life on earth and that any meaning we attribute to it as the result of self-willed or socially-inculcated ideologies, they continue to wake early and trudge to their jobs for one single reason: Guilt. Throughout time religions have taken advantage of Man's guilt, a guilt experienced for no logical reason except that he unlike other animals is a self-aware being whose abstract thoughts conflict with the apparently practical, rational reality he finds himself a part of. We post-guilt NEETs will not bow to internal or external pressures encouraging us to sacrifice our contentment and sensitive dispositions for the sake of attaining money, or womenfolk. We alone stand proudly, detached from but keenly observant of the slave masses who yell at us for not being as unhappy as they are. We alone, we band of true men, defend our right to live a dignified life against those wishing to deprive of us of it. Yes you can mock, you can criticize, you can echo the demands your masters make upon you. But who is likely to regret their lives more? The noble and dignified NEETs who spend their truly precious time reading, pondering, philosophizing and engaging in critical, urgent debate online? Or the miserable, resentful masses, their eyes bloated and sagged by excess folds of skin, their hair falling out and their gums bleeding from stress, their bowels destroyed by a sedentary lifestyle spent at their desks clicking endlessly while their boss breaths down their necks? This is reality. This is 2016. We are the future.

Any recent ones? Like basement dwelling /r9k/ tier dudes?

I think maybe Houellebecq refers to that lifestyle a little bit in some of his books, but they aren't exactly NEETs. Just sexless failed normies.

Just as I suspected, this is not original text.

>NEETs
> sexless failed normies.
>not the same
Okaay

>sedentary lifestyle spent at their desks

I'm pretty sure this describes most Neets too.

steppenwolf is kind of about that. the main character is old though

>economic auto-didacts

kek

Tao Lin

Failed normies refer to people who ever had a potential to be normies. Most NEETs are non-normies by their very fabric of being

A confederacy of dunces

>I wrote a short-story similar but he's in Uni. It's very cringe to read tho

Post it.

NEETS are reclined or prone most of the time.
I, ex-neets would walk and read or stand and read. I'm going to be a wageslave for the next 5 months to satisfy my family then I'm off to a cheap country to continue to be NEET, reading in hammock.

A neet who spends his time at a computer all day would not be considered reclined or prone.

I have a rough draft here, it looks ugly as fuck without the formatting though:

pastebin.com/nxG5GKVi

No Longer Human is sort of like that

>the gyazo links work

deepest lore

It would be the most boring novel ever.

Pretty sure Delillo has done some serious NEET time, looking at some of his characters.

no

Yes, Goncharov: Oblomov

Is it good?

mine also
:^(

It's called Molloy by Sam Beckett

very

Crime and Punishment's protagonist was a NEET who had just sort of stopped going to college, didn't get a job because it wasn't worth it, and lived off of his mother.

He's extremely nihilistic and a bit of an autist too, so it's pretty close. But 19th century Russia isn't the same as 21st century America, so it's your call.

I second C&P.

I wrote one about a NEET, but he's not a shut in.

yup

waiter, please bring a box, there's no way I can finish all this pasta.