So my Father told me that you can ingest "too much honey."

He said that it is like a sugar, and your body will react negatively to it. What do you know about honey and do you know if this is true or false? I like having a few cups of tea a day and 2/3 times I'll use honey. I don't want to use white sugar anymore for the health benefits
pic unrelated

OP IS GONNA OVERDOSE CALL 991

He's just talking about like if you drank a gallon a day and became diabetic

Thanks.

Yeah OP. Honey is straight up sugar, what do you think it is? In fact it's got a lot of bee saliva mixed in with all the sugar so it's not as sweet as white sugar and you need to use more to sweeten things the same amount. If you eat more than say, 5 tablespoons of sugars every day you're doing major damage to your pancreas, liver and kidneys and your body's metabolic rate plummets and it becomes nearly impossible to avoid gaining weight.

What the fuck is that pic

You know this is no place for children.

I couldn't think of words to say to this guy and didn't want to poke him with a stick so I walked away.
He'll grow out of it.

Honey is sweeter than table sugar

No no no no no.
I use 2.5tbsp sugar in a cup of coffee (12oz) or 6-7tbsp honey in one.
It's the weakest sweetener that exists by volume because you can't taste it. But maybe I just smoke too much.

So Veeky Forums, why are you still making mashed potatoes when jacket potatoes are the clearly superior choice?

When making mashed potatoes, you have to:
>peel the potatoes
>cut the potatoes
>boil the potatoes
>mash the potatoes
>add milk and butter
>mix it all together

With jacket potatoes you have to:
>prick the potato with a fork
>stick it in the oven at 200 degrees C for an hour

Jacket potatoes are also
>healthier because the skin contains nutrients and fiber
>tastier
>you get to enjoy the nice crispy skin
>more versatile, you can have chilli on a jacket potato but you can't have chilli with mashed potatoes

Oops, meant to make a new thread. Fuck me

You could be buying bad honey. Iirc America has or had a problem with retailers selling shitty Chinese honey

Honey should be sweeter

>6-7tbsp honey in one

thats diabetic dont do that its very very unhealthy

if its not sweet to you , dont use it

use stevia

Convert that to american degrees for me please?

I don't actually do it unless sugar's gone, caffeine withdraw has started and the honey was already there. I have no practical use for it so I don't buy it any more. Just sugar for me.
I eat NOTHING sweet from pastries to cake to cereal, just sugar in black coffee or tea. That's the only reason I have sugar in the house.
But I like to sprinkle a tiny bit while sauteeing green peppers and onions to help blacken them up.
I don't like the stuff much, don't worry.

I put too much maple syrup in the mashed potatoes but it turned out alrightit's not shit honey its farm honey

What you're calling "jacket potatoes" I call baked potato.

I was at someone's house who had a honey bear (probably from the dollar store), and it was HCFS with some honey. Total scam.

I buy orange blossom honey, which is my favorite. If you're using flavorful honey like that you should taste it. If you need more in a cup of tea, I dunno, maybe you should switch to nutrasweet, splenda or stevia which is ultrasweet. Delicious tea doesn't need more than 1-2 teaspoons tops.

There is little difference between sugar differences other than the fructrose vs sucrose question. Maybe switch back to sugar and do "raw sugar" which tends to have that molasses flavor still in it. If you think you need flavor, switch to a flavored tea like earl grey or cinnamon or constant comment. Avoid herb teas that have sour ingredients like hibiscus, which increases your need for countering that.

you can develop allergies eating too much honey

Looks like it's displaying the human form broken down into planes.

Probably from some drawing tutorial.

Honey is sugar. Of course eating too much is bad for you. Also, unless you let your water cool a bit before adding honey, you destroy many of the health benefits. Quit eating so much honey. Learn to drink tea without sugar, or with much less sugar. That or enjoy your diabetus...

I thought jacket potatoes were retards in mental asylums