Food byproduct cooking thread

Do you recycle any food byproducts and reuse them in your cooking? Anything most people throw away, like pickle juice left in the jar, salt from an empty bag of pretzels, rinds or peels of any fruits or vegetables, leftover bones

Yes. Using food waste like that is my favorite way to cook... It makes you get creative!

I keep pickle juice for brining chicken for juicy fried chicken sandwiches. My boyfriend loves them :3

Do you flick the pickle juice on your sammies heeheehee my bf likes it too

Celery greens make really good pesto

Pickle juice is really good in potato salad, along with the juice/brine from pickled jalapenos or pepperoncinis.

My favorite way to use bones is to smoke them (or just used bones from a smoked chicken/turkey). Smoked chicken broth makes really good soup.

What is this supposed to mean?

Cool you jets, whore.
My boyfriend could kick yours ass.

My boyfriend is 6'1, 95 kg and goes to the gym 3x a week. I'd like to see your boyfriend try.

I use the pickle brine to boil frozen veggies and cabbage in. Also makes a good soup base when diluted with water.

I do the same thing with the potlicker leftover from cooking dry beans.

I use pickle juice in marinades and boil bones to make stock. Most veggies I leave the peel on for the fiber. I save citrus peels to soak in vinegar, and then use the vinegar to clean mirrors and windows. Cheaper than buying Windex

>3 times a week
What a pussy, my boyfriend is a PT and only leaves the gym to fuck my tight white ass.

I buy these basically just to pickle garlic in when the peppers are gone. I mean, they taste good, but they aren't very hot...

There are hot versions and mild versions, neither is hot enough for my taste either.

Pickleback shots. The only reason to hold onto the juice.

pickle martini

I keep olive brine for Martinis.

Also I save pepperoncini juice and use it on pizza mainly, but try whisking some in with some eggs and plain cooking them nothing else added, diced pepperoncinis in the eggs are good too. This is dank as fuck with soy sauce.
The juice is also decent for spaghetti and quite a few Asian dishes.
I used to throw it away but wouldn't dare these days, it's tasty and also $6 a jar, not worth tossing.

haha, my boyfriend is literally a 8 foot 350 pound African God of Fitness with a 13 inch cock and can bench 900 pounds.

who will you find raise his son?

I like drinking the juice from an empty pickle jar, sometimes I even freeze it and eat it like a slushy.

Can't tell if hardcore or disgusting.

Pickle juice is good for making pickled eggs among other things, citrus rinds can be shaved for zest, bones get made into stock.

>potlicker
>beans

Its pot liquor not potlicker and its from greens not beans.

Haven't made it myself but meringues from chickpea liquid are a nice dessert. Lotsa sugar necessary though.

FAGGOTS OUT

Go pretend that you don't repulse people somewhere else

Isn't "pickling" stuff in left over pickle juice kind of shitty?

I thought all the advantages from eating pickled foods come only when they're actually fermented with microbes and not just thrown into vinegar juice?

Shitty in what way? It tastes good, use it as a brine for chicken

There is a difference between pickling and fermenting.

What if I cook a bunch of boiled eggs and store them in pickle juice? Will they taste good?