>read mystical works
>social life is destroyed

Is this normal?

Other urls found in this thread:

levity.com/alchemy/lambtext.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, you're heading the right way.

yes very good

Don't read too much esoteric shit or you'll lose contact with reality.

Read some Thich Nhat Hanh. He's pretty comfy.

don't blame it on the books you're reading loser

the only way out is forwards

that's not the only way out, not even the best way out for you loser

mysticism is the true way user. come, let us join together in our journey towards the One

the deeper I dive into literature the more disconnected I feel from the people around me

hopefully one day I will transcend physical pleasure/social stimulus and live a quiet life in an empty plain surrounded by mountains, where I can spend my time reading and making art

Rec me something to help me lose touch with reality

levity.com/alchemy/lambtext.html

Study this until you understand each line and you bet you won't be from this planet anymore.

Epic
Thanks brother

It shows how impoverished your own perspective of human life is. The authors you read were inspired by the people who lived around them, it was their eye for observation and (not always) their empathy for human life that made them write. You on the other side?

What kind of books do you mean OP? Can Veeky Forums recommend me some "mystical" literature?

Who is the One?

Good point

Sophia.

The "singularity"?
Maybe he means Anakin Skywalker

the greeks built their philosophy atop a huge mystical tradition. check that out. examples would be stuff like orphic cults (iirc plato was initiated here), dionysian mysteries, eleusinian mysteries, magic, etc. most of which had rational and theological elements to them that were distinct but also intertwined

another example would be parmenides who was said to be a priest of apollo. his poem "on nature" contains heavy references to a goddess and he develops logic by divine insight through her

Join a monastery mate.

I never understood people who say reading lit makes social interaction more difficult.

I read 130 books a year and just make basic, thoughtless, cheerful-sounding small talk with people and I get along just fine.

The Eschaton.

Western society is about to reach peak egotism so yes.

Nah, Jar Jar's a funnier character than we've ever had. As long as we get him working, everything else will fall into place.

oh why, George, why didn't you just get him working?

it is

The Pythagorean Monad

Embrace mysticism, OP. Walk by faith, and not by sight!

>just make basic, thoughtless, cheerful-sounding small talk with people and I get along just fine.
that's one superpower i'd love to have

It's customary to lose everything at first.

Whats some essential (hopefully entry level) lossing contact with reality-core literature?

Look up the corpus hermeticum.
Read the Vedas
Zhuangzi
Crowley's lectures on yoga
The experience of no-self by Bernadette Roberts
The cloud of unknowing

Nothing is one

International mysticism is end game for humanity.

God that Bosch is fucking fantastic

>The experience of no-self by Bernadette Roberts

Lmao. You know that losing your sense of self permanently happens as a result of a neurological anomaly (some would call it illness) which cannot be forced, right?

>losing your sense of self permanently
You can induce a loss of self-sense temporarily and that is what this text is probably alluding too.

We're talking about different things. Roberts isn't writing about your average depersonalization syndrome.

We are

Yup. It'll balance out over time though, as you meet like-minded peple. Your social circle will be smaller but of higher quality.

>peple
Goddammit I can't win for losing today.

Bamp
More mystical Veeky Forums recs pls

I is one is all is none

me tbqh