Humble food

Name humble food that people knock until they try it.
I'll start with a chip butty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2CysbB_Gs-0
british-genealogy.com/threads/13997-A-quot-twitchell-quot-in-Nottingham.?s=df1a5dba39aae3e3371a99d89a991d94
bbc.com/news/uk-15752918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thats a french fry big mac

White rice with lard and soy sauce, aka lard rice.
If it weren't so fattening and nutritionally void i'd eat it every day.

British """""""""""cuisine"""""""""""" thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=2CysbB_Gs-0

O B E S E D
B
E
S
E
D

The fuck is that shit

deep fried mars bar I believe

Deep fried Mars bar

Do British people really eat mint sauce? Why not just put toothpaste on your steak?

It's fucking disgusting

I had lamb once with it and haven't ate lamb since.

Yes.
Do Americans really put beans and chocolate in their chili?
Why not just bake a chili cake?

>he doesn't like beans in chili
are you a fag?

beans on a hot dog

condensed campbells vegetable soup on rice

ketchup on mashed potatoes

Mint jelly is goat

>eating carbs on carbs with sugar dressing

Aussie here, mint sauce is great on lamb. Not of fan of the jelly one though.

Cocoa and chili is a classic combination used all the time in Mexico and Central America. Oddly enough, the only time you see chocolate in chili in America is Cincinnati-style, which is based on Greek/Macedonian recipes and has nothing to do with Tex-Mex chili.

nan was scot and would make us chip sandwiches as children

it wasn't anything like that though. we weren't allowed ketchup cause that was the French did during the war to cover up the taste of their bad meat

ours were buttered brown bread with a few chips on it with a cup of milk on the side

oddly enough we never had cavities growing up

>thread about food that people knock without trying it
>knock food you haven't tried

>Oventop barmcake
>Butter
>Chippy chips with vinegar, salt & pepper
>Tomato ketchup

Gagging for one right now m8

Bacon ribs
Spuds
Cabbage
Boiled
Tremendous.

Tiresome nutritionist fag.
I'll eat butter with cheese and die a lot happier than you moany fags.

I've made a few chip buttys before, I like to use a mix of mayo and mustard instead of ketchup (mostly mustard with a bit of mayo). Breddy gud mane.

Don't really like ketchup anymore, except curry ketchup. Hmmm that'd probably be good on a butty

Butter with cheese is better than carbs on carbs with sugar sauce

I eat things that are delicious AND healthy a lot of the time so I guess I win

Ratatouille

are you northern chinese by any chance?

*haven't eaten

Hamburger bun, tomato paste/sauce, and toppings and you got yourself a REALLY cheap ass "pizza" thats pretty good

Bloody love these

That is literally an obesity sandwich.

Yeah, beans. That common ingredient in all cake.

>Asked for a chip cob 50 miles away from home the locals though i was asking for chips on a whole loaf of bread.

>asked for a battered sausage, was raped in a "twitchell" by a large turkish man with a must dash.

british-genealogy.com/threads/13997-A-quot-twitchell-quot-in-Nottingham.?s=df1a5dba39aae3e3371a99d89a991d94

Why?

It's all sugar

State your home nation, let's get on a level playing field here.

A chip butty is not a snack, it a dinner for the very hungry , very skint or the very busy.

USA - some people here eat as bad or worse

Dinner ? That is crap tier nutritionally speaking. White bread + french fries + ketchup is a terrible dinner.

I'm Mexican and I've been eating fries sandwiches my whole life, it's nice to see it's an actual thing someplace on the world. And it even has a name!

Cheers britfriends!

bbc.com/news/uk-15752918

The humblest of all sarnies. The toast sandwich.

>USA - some people here eat as bad or worse

Really?

Now cook a burger and NIGGAAAAH

Because of this thread I decided to try and make a chip butty and I made my own curry ketchup and I can tell you that the combo is pretty fucking good, though I might be over selling it as I've never had curry ketchup either and I was surprised at how well both turned out, I had pretty low expectations for both.

>ww2 grenade
>kill yourself with it if you're this desperate

pee food

that looks delicious and i'm not embarrassed by that one fucking bit

I maintain my 19 BMI by eating carbs on carbs every day. But they're whole/unrefined/unprocessed carbs. Ketchup is gross though.

Nice, sounds tasty. Curry ketchup is fuckin great, I have lost my taste for regular ketchup but tried that recently and loved it. Try it with chicken or with sloppy joes - can't go wrong.

who the fuck doesn't like cheese and sausage lmao

found the frenchman

haha no my family is from hong kong.
is it a northern dish?

Starch, gluten, more starch and a sugar sauce.

Mint sauce is for use in moderation with lamb. Plebs have it with other meats.

Knocked it before I tried it and will knock even harder after trying. Shit's absolutely disgusting.

This I really want to dry because some people say it's worse than Surströmming whereas some say it's actually p fucking good.

I hate squash and zucchini so goddamn much though.

The texture is gag-inducing.

Agreed, bread and chips are worse than genocide, they are a crime unto god only enjoyed by baby murderers.

You are this retarded.

Fuck, I thought that was some fruit cocktail stuff between bread before I looked it up

Utterly missed the point, well done

Why is it only the northern monkeys who can't pick a fucking name?

mint sauce is a thing of beauty, put it on cold sausage sandwiches, with roast lamb, or mix a dollop into yoghurt to make raita dipping sauce.

Cheesy beans on toast is always a go to. Superior to normal beans on toast the cheese adds an extra comfy factor.

>british-genealogy.com/threads/13997-A-quot-twitchell-quot-in-Nottingham.?s=df1a5dba39aae3e3371a99d89a991d94

You also from Nottingham?

This is wrong Stottie is Newcastle

I do that on bagels and English muffins. Hamburger bun sounds too hobo for me.

>Do Americans really put beans and chocolate in their chili?
>Why not just bake a chili cake?

Do British people really put beans in chocolate cake?