Why is Japanese food so pretentious? Especially when it's done by white people?

Why is Japanese food so pretentious? Especially when it's done by white people?
>depressed and half drunk, gf broke up with me last night, get hungry
>decide to go to this local sushi and ramen place that I've been wanting to try
>it's run by two Millennial white people, a cuck and his gf
>get there
>ask for a bowl of ramen to go
>"Uh, sorry, we don't do ramen to go, you have to eat it here"
>look in the trash can and notice they serve it in disposable plastic bowls
>"Am I not allowed to keep the bowl or something?"
>"No, sorry you don't understand, you can't eat ramen more than a couple minutes after it's made, it messes with the flavors and texture"
>"Dude, I don't care about all that pretentious shit, I just want a bowl of noodles to eat at home"
>"Sorry man, I can't serve you it unless you eat it here"
360 and moonwalk out

Seriously, fuck these ramen hipsters. It's just the fucking Japanese equivalent of chicken noodle soup, it doesn't need to be made by a ramen samurai who studied for 30 years in Kyoto and slurped down within 30 seconds of making it to preserve the delicate chemical balance in the noodles or some shit

And my apartment was literally a 2 minute drive from the place

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVinxu925qU&index=55&list=PLBuCXl3vO_nk5UHLmPMZQAAYTELYY5ysU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You sound fat and sad. Good luck.

>a fried pork cutlet on white rice with curry sauce made from a bagged mix
OMG so pretentious!

I can't find the subscribe button for this blog, can anyone help?

>ramen to go
Just buy a pack of instant ramen if that's what you want

That's the point I'm making, retard. The food itself is good but isn't overly complex or difficult, and yet hipsters insist on making every Japanese food item out to be some divine mystery with perfectly balanced flavor that can only be eaten in an exact and specific way or it tastes like shit

They're worse than wine snobs almost. I actually had some faggot tell me once that you can't eat sushi with a fork because it, quote, "bruises the fish," as if my fucking teeth wont be doing that in 2 seconds anyways

maybe you need a Veeky Forums gold account

Then you have to make all the other stuff and add it yourself, like the vegetables and pork and egg, and I don't have time for that. Their menu online looked really good, it's just a shame the guy was a douchebag

Probably, anyway back to the matter in hand, is OP a colossal faggot?

That's really stupid and snobby, I'm with you OP

If they knew the first thing about the food they're serving, they'd give you the noodles in their dry form so you can go home and boil the water yourself f a m i l y

If I ever saw some white college faggots serving glorious nippon food I'd leave

>you can't have ramen to go in japan

Why did your gf dump you though?

Because she's a whore. We're both juniors in college. We've been dating since high school, but her whore friends have convinced her she needs to spend her college years partying and hooking up with different people and she's "wasted" 3 years of college being with me, apparently, even though we've both been pretty happy. I buy her expensive shit, I've taken her on vacations to Europe and South America, and I bought her a car. Anyone who tells you that you shouldn't judge your girlfriend by her friends is a fucking liar. If your girlfriend/wife has friends who are whores, it should be an immediate red flag. She told me that maybe after college we could get back together but fuck that noise
checked

This is genuinely upsetting.
Sorry bro. You'll find someone better.

I don't know about Japan, but the Singaporean-Chinese equivalent of ramen, lamian, can be had for take out. You're given three containers, one with noodles and one with soup while the third may be a plastic baggy or another container and will contain the meat, veg and toppings. I've seen this done in HK and Macau, too, as well as non-Chinese-speaking countries (Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia) with local varieties of noodle soup. While I've never been to Taiwan, I'd be surprised if it weren't common there as well.

I find it hard to believe that the Japanese wouldn't do something similar.

You sound like a huge cuck.

Why? It's not like she told me this and I put up with it for a while. She just told me last night that that's what she wanted and left me. I'm not trying to get back with her and I wouldn't take her back after what she said. A cuck would be someone who actually said "okay" to getting back together after she rides the cock carousel for 2 years

>fuck that noise

Yup. If I translate that proposition of hers in Men's language, she said :

"I'm getting bored of sleeping only with you / I'm feeling guilty about cheating on you, I'm just gonna go away for a while and ride as many dicks as I can find, but when I'm done with college you can come back and buy me more expensive stuff and take care of me again, alright?"

Also, Ramen shop is a fuck.

Burn it all down, and start anew. Cheers.

That's why you effectively redpill your gf on each and every one of their friends so they take comfort in you. I would point out the flaws of the friends my girlfriend had, and now she has none aside from the ones we're both equally close to. The friends we have view us as a duo so there's no preference or bias from the people we know. I may sound like some controlling freak, but it was nothing more than "oh ____ really doesn't have an off switch does she?" and then I'd watch the distance occur naturally.

It sucks that that happened to you, and I agree that friends are a judgement of character. Although, at the same time, consider that you didn't do a good enough job of integrating into what's around you (if these people are around you that is). Did you hang out or interact with these friends of hers? Do they think you're a good person - both yourself and to their friend that you're dating?

from what I'm reading it sounds like you spoiled the girl which is good - but only good if you were equally romantic and serious with her, otherwise you were nothing more than an endless wallet. Her friends have a groupthink mentality and you either
>didn't know your gf like you thought you did
or
>your gf is bored and will lap up any sort of reasoning she has to leave

After 29 years working in hospitality, it's this level of bullshit that made me quit.

Who the fuck eats sushi with a fork?

Your mother, most likely.

My mother's Japanese.

what a great thread, it's totally not a thinly disguised personal blog at all. OP's gf ditching his tiny cock for all the cocks is totally food & cooking.

An American. I don't eat with my hands when I eat Middle Eastern or Indian food, why would I use chopsticks with Asian food? To be more "authentic?" Half the sushi you find in America is bastardized Anglicized versions drenched in sauce and other shit anyways, not exactly authentic to begin with.
I'm acquainted with her friends, we hang out every now and then. I don't really understand why they told her this stuff. They always tell her how lucky she is to have a guy as nice as I am and they all wish they had a boyfriend like that blah blah blah. But they all also like going out and partying, and she wouldn't do that with them very much. Not because I said no but because she used to respect our relationship. She would ask them why she should go out and drink just to have an endless stream of guys trying grinding on her or hitting on her. The past year she's really been changing a lot. Dressing slutty, going out more, and just acting "different." She stopped doing a lot of the cute things we did together as a couple, and all of the pictures she'd put up on snapchat and Instagram became less about us and more about her and showing off her makeup or her outfit. I should have seen this coming a while ago but I suppose I was too trusting. She was my first girlfriend, the only girl I've ever had sex with, and I really love her (inb4 some miserable 30 year old comes in to tell me a 21 year old doesn't know what love is)

So yeah, it really sucks, and I'm really heartbroken, but I think I can find someone who appreciates all that I have to offer, and isn't willing to throw it away for meaningless sex for a few years.

It was about shitty pretentious Japanese food. People asking me about my girlfriend is what's turning it into a blogpost. Fuck off to another thread if it bothers you that much, sperglord

fuck bitches get money op

if anyone here doesn't know the dump feels they're probably virgins

I don't get sushi desu. I always thought it must be super complex so I never bothered with it but it's literally tuna wrapped in rice.

>bought her a car

Beta as fuck

It happens to us all bro.

Well atleast you have more money now to spend on yourself. Expect her contact you in a few months to see how you are. Just ignore her. Don't saying anything faggy like you hurt me or I'm great, I'm banging everyone. Just ignore

You do realize she's 100% been fucking other dudes for the entire time she's been with you, right?
Also, I liked your status.

That's a good amount of sage.

It really isn't. Weebs will tell you that the sushi chef has to do super secret samurai training to cut a piece of raw fish at exactly the right angle and make sticky rice. Obviously that's bullshit. Sushi is just about showing off the ingredients, nothing more, there is very little skill required on the part of the """chef""". Do you have a good source of fresh fish? Good rice? Good wasabi? Great, you'll have great sushi.

And even if sushi is made with great ingredients, it really isn't all that great. It's very one dimensional. The rice is essentially just a vehicle for the fish, and contributes little to the flavor other than some acidity and texture. And the fish is obviously one note. It's just pretentious. I would rather eat a sushi roll covered in sauce and sesame seeds and vegetables from the local Japanese buffet than pay $600 for a "pure" experience at some pretentious Japanese sushi bar

Sounds like she used you for your money and then decided to ditch you once college was almost over.

>ramen to go

don't worry about it

Sorry you're poor
No, she hasn't been. I know the one thing about her that won't change is that she's very loyal when she's in a relationship. And I just said these changes have only really been happening the past year. It's possible that maybe she's made out with a guy at a party while we were still together, but I highly doubt she slept with anyone else and it certainly hasn't been for the "entire time we've been together." Like I said, we were really happy up until these past few months. She dumped me so she could go out and fuck other guys, not because she's been fucking them already.
Thanks man. It's going to be hard not to talk to her if she contacts me to be honest. She even told me already that she still wants to be friends. But I deserve better than a whore like that, so she can fuck off. Wish I could get back all the jewelry and shit tho

She didn't use me for my money. As I've said multiple times in the thread, we were really happy and in love up until just a few months ago when I started noticing the changes in her. Her friends have been slowly convincing her that college is for nothing more than fucking strangers and that having a committed relationship with someone you could spend the rest of your life with is a waste of time.

Anyways, I didn't make this thread to talk about my girlfriend. I wanted to talk about pretentious Japanese food, so can we drop it?

She pretended to be happy because you bought her lots of expensive stuff. She was a gold digger and you are a beta

>calling some guy with a gf a cuck
>when you just got dumped

Yep, it's definitely not you that's the cuck

Whatever you say, fag. I didn't even start buying her any expensive shit until about 2 years ago when I came into a lot of money. We've been together since freshman year of high school. She must have been able to see 5 years into the future that I would suddenly have a ton of money available to buy her jewelry and take her to tour Europe

>getting dumped means you're a cuck
Can we fucking stop this word already? It's gotten so out of hand it is retarded now.

I'm sorry that shit happened to you man. I've had a similar experience.
I think the last thing I would want is some cunt telling me I can't have noodles in my house after all that shit.

If she was really happy and in love her friends wouldn't be able to change that.

Nice troll thread though.

i smell projection
triggered fat ugly weaboo detected.

Well clearly she got bored with me. As I said before, we've been together for about 7 years. I'm guessing her friends convinced her that she can't be with just one person her whole life and that she needed to experience different people. I guess I kinda dodged a bullet, I was going to propose after college. I'd rather have this happen now than when we were married.

Can we stop talking about my fucking girlfriend? I didn't come here to listen to a bunch of virgins give me relationship advice, I came to talk about shitty Japanese food

Did she dump you for being a faggot that spouts memewords and blogs unnecessarily?

>i dont have time for that

Nobody on Veeky Forums is allowed to use this sentence. Just say you are a lazy fuck.

I work two jobs and currently spend at least 8 hours a day either in class or studying. I literally don't have time to make all that shit. I just wanted a bowl of noodles made for me that I could take home and cry into and watch The Godfather but Carl the Cuck and his feminazi girlfriend wouldn't let me because it conflicted with the bushido samurai code about ramen or some shit

Why are poor white trash so triggered by "foreign" food that isn't Fazoli's?

Sounds like a sweeping generalization to me. But it does sound like a shitty experience OP

She's been sleeping around, sorry for your trouble but at least you dodged her for the long haul.

This as fuck

Fucking christ, you whiny little cunt.

maybe try taking a bag of Ramen to taco bell and explain to the cashier your dire situation. With any luck, she'll feel bad and microwave it for you, and maybe toss in some of those sweet vegetables and meat.

finally, someone agrees

have a >you

Isn't there a character in Persona that specically drives around delivering ramen? Or where those bowls or other stuff?

stop erica from orochon ramen exploiting her kitchen staff by forcing them to work long hours with little pay and punishing them if any of the secret ingredient for ramen special number two ever gets leaked into the public.

youtube.com/watch?v=iVinxu925qU&index=55&list=PLBuCXl3vO_nk5UHLmPMZQAAYTELYY5ysU

>I bought her a car
>Im not a cuck
When will you learn to prioritize yourself.

Also, I have a place next to my apartment (Chicago) that does the same thing. You have to order it, and then put it in the togo containers yourself. You cant call and order it to go. At best, its an oversight by the owners.

>Anyone who tells you that you shouldn't judge your girlfriend by her friends is a fucking liar.
Who ever said you should'nt? People gravitate to others like them.

>junior in college
>I buy her expensive shit, I've taken her on vacations to Europe and South America, and I bought her a car

So did your parents or your student loans pay for all that retarded shit neither of you needed, or are you lying to victimize yourself?
You don't deserve ramen.

They didn't want you to get home and eat a shitty bowl of ramen and then tell everyone how shitty their ramen was. It's not that difficult to understand.

Haha! My wife's friends tried to get her to break up with me when we were in uni. She got new friends. You're a faggot who wasted years of your life on a whore thinking you could buy her love! What a faggot!

Op whats your ex's number?
Also how do you feel about the fact that by now she has had at least one dick in her?

Stay and eat there, don't tip, explain it's Japanese custom if they decide to be so strict.

I've been to plenty of noodles place, where when I order to go, they just give me different containers for soup and noodles.

Had a similar situation OP, found out the problem, I was being a cuck trying to buy affection. Stop trying to get ramen, and go get a submissive non American woman who can cook the shit for you. I fucking feasted on lau yesterday in between fuck sessions.

I had hot pot for Chinese New Year with my wife a few days ago. Then I fucked her in the ass because it's her preferred method of birth control during her high fertility days.

I hate it when Veeky Forums discuss women.

Froggy.

>Getting so cucked you become a race traitor

An hero

I'm just doing my part to make the world a better place. Every race needs a bit of white in them.

Jokes on you, Asian women are the tops, and I've even got her spouting racist jokes in her multicultural counseling class, and they have to laugh at them since she's a minority.

My wife is just plain racist. She will cross the street if she sees a black or brown person walking towards her. It's pretty halarious.

walk next time you fat piece of shit

holy shit dude.

I think hipster ramen is the least of your problems right now.

She give ya a gobby, eh?

>It's possible that maybe she's made out with a guy at a party while we were still together, but I highly doubt she slept with anyone else

listen, chicks like this don't view cheating the same way you do. They can make out with dudes, that's not cheating it's "just having fun" they can give handies and blowjobs and it's not cheating because "ugh, he just wouldn't go away until I did something" they can have sex and its not cheating because "I was drunk things got out of hand teehee or "I just let him do it, I wasn't in to it" or "it was only once and I don't like him so it's not cheating"

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but this is a completely real phenomena and until you have your first grown up relationship and set actual boundaries and talk things out as adults, this is what goes on, esp. at college.

>t. poly/open relationship master race

sorry about the ramen, that's bullshit

>this is a completely real phenomena
Excellent post, but just for future reference "phenomena" is plural, the word you wanted was "phenomenon"

Can confirm that this guy is 100% correct.

Asians are some of the most nationalistic and racist people on Earth. It's hilarious to ask a Viet person what they think about Chinese people or a Chinese person what they think about black people.

That's not being pretentious, they have the right to serve the food however they want.
You just got anally murdered and now you're crying about it on a noodle imageboard

This is the most bullshit thing I've ever read.

W E E B S

>Noodles ain't expensive
>Miso ain't expensive
>Dashi ain't expensive
>Sell ramen to hip millennials for 5000% more

p.s. Chinese cuisine is better

Found the woman.

chinese cuisine is worse than dog food.

this is why everyone laughs at americans

This is the truth, my gf's family loves Trump because he might stick it to China, and she wants the wall because only good immigrants (ie rich, educated, and lighter skin) should be allowed inna murica. You should read the post Mark Zuckerberg put up celebrating "lunar" new year, the chinks and gooks were at each other's throats.

what was stopping you from buying a bowl of noodles and then leaving with it as soon as you got it? aside from being a cuck.

This guy understands their rationalisation even if I don't agree with poly/open relationship stuff

Always assume the worst and move on.

You're just a giant cuck m8. The noodles get too mushy sitting in that hot broth for more than a few minutes. Just sit down and eat it there at the bar you fucking retard.

Ippudo in NYC doesn't allow take-out either. That's why I still haven't gone.

She already cheated on you at that point but then decided to stay because you bought her shit. Enjoy your right hand

>cook food
>sell it for more

Damn dude you are fucking genius.

They had the ramen shop and what not.... where you could get the mega gyudon bowl. Kenichi or whatever his name was in 3 is my bro though cause he's your ramen eating pal

I think you just hate hipsters instead of Japanese food. Here's a tip: it's the hipsters. They do that for EVERYTHING. Even toast. Pic related. Costs $4.

>You're a giant cuck
Retard or newfag?

>I bought a whore expensive shit
>I bought a whore a car
>I'm not a cuck

what am i looking at

$4 hipster toast.

It's clearly a modern interpretation of a PBJ, which for $4 is a solid deal. A diner would charge at least 5 for a PBJ even from the kids menu.