Just took my mum's cooking to work and got dirty looks from coworkers, the boss asked me to eat outside to air out...

Just took my mum's cooking to work and got dirty looks from coworkers, the boss asked me to eat outside to air out. Is curry to strong for the normal nose pallet? is it because Westerners don't eat as much seasoning and spices?

No idea mate, looks like a standard chinky style curry to me.

Cunts eat these all the time for lunch in the UK.

>pallet
Is this the new 'wa la'?

From my experience with indian food, green curry usually contains spinach or other leafy greens and is not as spicy as vindaloo or anything.
Not sure what your mum added but this should not provoke such a reaction.
Or you are just baiting people to get the "icky-pooey looks like poop!" reactions.

Nope, it is retardation though.

>nose pallet

I absolutely love curry and eat it often, but even I can admit that it's a really potent smell and can leave a really offputting stench in an office.
You'd feel the same way if someone boiled a bunch of eggs or cabbage in the same room.

It is annoying and rude as fuck to eat anything with strong smells around people in a public place. Nobody wants to smell your nasty looking food that you brought in a Tupperware container because you couldn't bring normal lunch food like a sandwich.

This is true. Some people are even put off by the smell of fish or garlic. Most people are pussies about food smells, and no place will that be more evident than in an office environment where your pussy ass coworkers are a captive audience to the aroma of your lunch. Half of these retards have potpourri, scented candles of Glade Plug-Ins in their homes because they're terrified of any smells more offensive than an air freshener.

This shit goes back at least a century in American culture, when strongly flavored (and scented) foods were considered lowbrow and ethnic, therefore offensive. In the 1920's "modern" American cookbooks counseled against urban homemakers cooking anything that caused strong odors (like onions, cabbage or fish) in their kitchenettes. It's antique nonsense, but the bottom line remains: many people are put off by strong food smells. And a work environment is no place to challenge that.

It depends.

If you're sitting at your desk, maybe not. If you're in a dining facility, tell them to go fuck themselves.

That's not a pallet, a pallet has stuff on it.

If you are in an office or any sort of populated building (aka more than like 15 employees) they will almost always get you to eat anything even remotely smelly away from everyone else. This includes shit like curry, fish, hard boiled eggs, etc. Basically if you can picture a 35 year old fat white lady complaining to HR about how the smell makes her sick then it's probably banned.

I would get upset at my coworker for making microwave popcorn almost every day.
It stunk up the whole office with that movie theater butter smell. Its not that I dont like that, its that this one asshole made us all feel uncomfortably hungry when it was not time to eat. This is extremely rude.

Wrong. What you describe is a unit load.

>Basically if you can picture a 35 year old fat white lady complaining to HR about how the smell makes her sick then it's probably banned.
This.

It's not just the smell of your curry that upsets them. They also know the destruction that awaits the shared bathroom. I'm assuming you don't still shit on the street now that you're in a western country, but I never really know with you filthy animals...

>the boss asked me to eat outside to air out. Is curry to strong for the normal nose pallet? is it because Westerners don't eat as much seasoning and spices?
Of course it is because it has a strong lingering smell...so does frying, so does fish, so does burned popcorn. It's not a weird thing to ask you take it outside at all. Might have been better to allow it once, but then speak to you about never doing it again.

Indians of higher class buy houses with a completely second kitchen called the curry kitchen, that has powerful outside ventilation fans, sealed doors, exterior windows. Curry (and fish) linger for a long long time and permeates a house much like cigarette smoke would. Cumin seeds, in particular, smell exactly like BO (body odor). I would not use microwaves at work to heat it (bring it instead heated already in a thermos I guess).

Nicely apologize, didn't mean to offend, I'll be more careful next time, etc. Don't take it as an offense on your culture. It simply stinks.

Cumin smells like body odour? The fuck are you even talking about? Cumin has an earthy smell. Body odour smells like hotdog relish that's been left out in the sun for a week. Unless you're someone who eats curry for almost every meal...

This is what matters. Fuck off with your smelly shit, no matter what it is. I will hate you as a person if you bring it in to my office. It's just rude. Don't care how good of work you do.

indian food is the worst food in the world. thai food is superior

Indian food is not the worst food in the world. Food from the Philippines is the worst food in the world.

>so does burned popcorn

Hah, no. ANY popped popcorn is enough to stink the room like buttered butthole for hours. Extra points if you manage to burn it too.
Plenty of Americanized foods stink like stews nuked in tupperware, microwave dinners, and fast food. They all leave lingering smells, and just because Indian food trips your triggers because it's something you don't like doesn't make your grievance special.

>his office doesn't have a cafeteria where you can go and eat the smelliest microwaved curry you want without anybody caring and without stinking up the cubicles

Sometimes I forget how awesome the place I work at is.

Can confirm, I've had to stop cooking any kind of curry in my one-room apartment because it just made everything smell like fucking curry. And I'm not even talking about super heavy Indian curry, I'm talking mild sweet Japanese curry.

There are some things that it's simply better not to cook yourself unless you have the right facilities. Deep frying is something else I avoid completely, and I only pan fry oily things like sausage very rarely. Anything else and my entire habitat would stink endlessly.

I wanna try curry as an American but I have a feeling I'd be put off by it looking like shit.

I work in tech and half the building is panjeets, so we all fucking love curry m8, the moment you smell some everyone comes a running.

>Indian food trips your triggers because it's something you don't like
projecting now

Not all kitchens are created equal. A restaurant and a decent kitchen will have good ventilation installed. Your workplace probably does not. So you're courteous that when lunch is over, it should smell like an office again, not like a restaurant. You can like all kinds of foods, but you might not want to smell it for hours, or every single day, day after day.

Have you ever smelled it? If you like the smell then you aren't going to be put off by how it looks.

>I wanna try curry as an American but I have a feeling I'd be put off by it looking like shit.
Try making your own :) Since there is a lot of bread dipping going on, bought curries can be quite saucy. When you make it yourself, you can make it 90% meat. just with clinging sauce, not a stew looking thing.
Japanese curry is the worst offender. Sometimes it looks like a single cube of carrot and 3 cubes of meat and about 2 cups of gravy.

I've never even seen it. Could probably find a restaurant with it though. Or make some myself

You get a mountain of rice too, so it's nice to have lots of gravy.

Thanks dude. When this paycheck comes in, I'll buy some ingredients. Any bread recommendations?

Look for pre-packaged Naan that you can heat up in your oven.

POO
O
O

>to strong for the normal nose pallet
>Westerners don't eat as much seasoning and spices

It's the same reason that you shouldn't eat a shit ton of garlic for lunch if you're going to be in close quarters with a bunch of people for the rest of the day, dumbshit. It makes you stink.

You're lucky enough to work in an office where you actually bring your food. Last office I worked in was all lardbags that insisted on ordering out every day. I don't give them too much shit for it because the office was on the 3rd floor of a mall and the food court was on the bottom level.

Pakis out.

That's disrespectful. Did it make you feel uncomfortable?

How did the situation go?

"At the orphanage, I used to get raped for eating stinky food"

>tfw soon it will be considered racist to want your office not to smell like shit

Who doesn't like the smell of garlic?

That's the point, retard.

Everybody likes it when it's being cooked/in food - but nobody likes it when someone just ate a big garlicky meal and reeks of it and is burping up garlic burps.

I used to work in at a place that had two floors. The first floor was all administration and accounts. The second floor was all goldsmiths because it was a jewelry business. The goldsmiths were all Vietnamese. Every fucking day they would fucking microwave fish.

>tfw Vietnamese too but worked in accounts

God damn, it was not a good fucking smell.

You like the smell of garlic coming out of someone else's mouth? Also some people really hate the smell of garlic, even if it's just coming out of a pan.

Does it smell different when it's coming out of someone else's mouth?

White people love to complain.

When I was quitting my last job, I made a point of bitching about the most normal food odours after all the whining I heard about the lunches I brought (like chicken soup... who the fuck whines about the smell of chicken soup?).

On my last day I made a stink about the smell of pepperoni pizza, just to be that guy.

The new digs are great! We go and get curry or jamaican at least once a week. I bring in pretty much anything, and the worst I'll hear is a request for the recipe.

white people will bitch about the smell of anything that isn't crustless untoasted wonder bread with a thin layer of miracle whip. I was actually told once to stop going to a certain place because the taleggio on my sandwich "smells like something died"

I stopped bringing lunch to the office, or getting takeout, because fat little whitey whitebread mcglutenfree has so far had a hissy fit from the smell of: italian, korean, chinese, indian, vietnamese, cambodian, and persian food. one time a guy microwaved a salmon fillet his wife made him and she couldn't stop yelling about it for the next six hours. we've been told by management that we should "try and be more understanding". it's like being in the same room as good food is basically a kind of torture for them. unbelievable.

Californian here. I've taken curries I've made to work. I got approached by my department head one day. He asked if I could make what I was eating for lunch for the Christmas party potluck in a few weeks because he wanted some. Shit was cash.

The new job has a sign on the lunchroom door that reads: "If you don't like the way something smells in here, go eat elsewhere."

That the HR lady looks and kind of acts like Pam Poovey is just a solid plus for me.

Looks like somebody shat on a burrito roll

you know 'westerners' (English) created curry you retard
they took your garam marsala and made their own shit
since its made from marsala everyone thinks India invented curry

>White people love to complain.

This is very, very true. I have heard white people complain about walking literally half a block to get to their car in the parking lot. It was a beautiful day, sun shining, no clouds, no wind, around 60 degrees. And this woman was whining about having to walk half a fucking block to get to her car. I have heard many people at my workplace whine about this "long" walk, all of them white. They're all in competition with each other for the parking spots closest to the building so they don't have to walk.

To keep it Veeky Forums related: These people also love a certain supermarket cake that has Cool Whip for frosting. I hate them all so fucking much.

that's really fucking annoying when one person ruins it for everyone else
like black people do on american society

>marsala

>projecting now
You don't know what that word means.

There's an Indian restaurant down my street and you can smell the food from outside. It smells good, better than fucking artificial butter popcorn.

Ummmmmmmmmm okay sweetie, you can keep huffing your own shit Pajeet. We'll be enjoying tasteful and fragrant yet not overbearing foods here in the civilized world. Don't forget to wash your hands after you shit on the street you stupid ignorant motherfucker. You don't know 1 fucking thing about curries except shitting it out onto the fucking streets where your family eats off of.

I'm ethnic Chinese and I love Durian but I would never eat that in public. Don't be an ass and keep your smelly food at home.

If you must bring curry, bury that under rice, keep the lid on when you microwave, and eat outside.

You love durian because you're a dog chink and you eat trash. YOU are the ASS here you slant-eyed piece of shit. If YOU want bland rice eat that garbage my maan makes the best curries and you chinks eat sewer rat mystery meat injected with gutter water and fake plastic eggs like a disgusting genetic disgrace pet. FUCK YOU.

Butthurt Pajeet detected.

So you're upset white women only like non-whites when they are attractive and don't have tiny dicks.

Many of them were raised that way. I'm not sure where, culturally, it began but I used to complain about everything too since it's what my parents did most of the time when we were all home.

It's not really that we're actually THAT upset about it. It's just that "complaining about something" is such an easy way to start a conversation and talk to people, since it immediately elicits some kind of for/against opinion in the other person. They either respond pretty quickly, avoiding awkward silence -- or they don't respond at all, and you can just pass off the complaint casually and carry on without any embarrassment.

No one wants to smell your baby diaper poo in the loo food, Pajeet

I have to agree with this one when in the office stick to a sandwich.

You don't want to stink up the whole fucking place.

My ex was Indian and the first time I went to her house to meet her parents it smelled like raw fucking sewage up in there.

Bad enough that her parents stared me down like I was a fucking animal. Jfc at least my house didn't smell like poo.

Did anyone read this in Abu's voice, holy fuck why is this so funny

>Non-whites
>Attractive

Pick one

/pol/ pls go

There are some decently attractive non-white people. Usually they are half white...

>"If you don't like the way something smells in here, go eat elsewhere."
Living the dream

Just bring a cold lunch like a salad or a sandwich.

Some people don't like walking into the smoko room and having it smell like a spice vat, fishmarket or the inside of an asshole.

It's called courtesy, not always common.

Great example. Boiled eggs are great an everything but they are sulfurous and best mae at home. Same thing with curry. Best not heat it up at work.

Did the boss tell you this while covering his unseasoned tuna fish sandwhich with it's 8th layer of mayonnaise?

POO
IN
LOO

I'm the guy that eats sardines and heats fish in the microwave at work, get fucked

Looks like baby shit.

Doesn't work, see White people just need to be banned from going outside

I've only gotten compliments on the stuff I bring from home to work in my tupperware containers. Usually along the lines how its smells good and people asking for the recipe.

Everyone in my office is white, stop generalizing. Hope your wish comes true some day though so we can witness worldwide economic collapse as the grids go down and everything comes screeching to a halt.

I agree with that sign up till a point. There's this woman at my work that likes to make grilled cheese sandwiches with this horrible "cheese". When it gets hot it smells like burnt rubber and shit, I'm gagging right now it's that bad.

This.

But not all white people. Only those incapable of exploring.

Also, one never knows what odd variations there are in a person's sense of smell. Some people can't stand the slightest suggestion of fish. Hardly bothers me at all.

I make curry quite often and bring it for lunch. My coworkers are all Filipino and they just laugh and point because they can't believe a white guy can cook Asian food.

>Some people can't stand the slightest suggestion of fish.
I know people who freak the fuck out when they're reminded that meat comes from animals. There are plenty of Americans with a really fraught relationship to food.

They are probably laughing because you forgot the hotdogs, graham crackers, and processed cheese slices in your curry. Fucking Filipinos. By far the worst Country in the world for food.

>All this white people bashing
I'm black and this thread is just too uncomfortable to read. Racism has no place on Veeky Forums, we'll except on /pol/.

>Racism has no place on Veeky Forums
Haha, wow. 10/10

It's this only on flyover land?

At every job I've worked at people bring in leftovers or whatever and heat it up and eat it. I've never once had anyone say I that I shouldn't eat something with a strong scent. I live in Washington state, so maybe the people here don't care, but I'd complain to HR if i was asked not to heat up my lunch.

you have no place on Veeky Forums, if you want a safe space go to any other form of social media/reddit

thats bon arpetit

Fuck off stinky curry nigger

>haha

We wuz pajeets

bone apple teeth.

Where do you live? I think it depends largely on that. I grew up in a small town of German heritage in Texas (and when I say that, I mean when I was a kid, all the adults still spoke German, but that was a long time ago now, most of them have died out, except my parents and their friends) and there were restaurants that served curry dishes and we ate curry at home pretty often. Yellow curry was staple spice in the cabinet.
However, everyone I met once I went to college, who were from other parts of the state couldn't stand the smell and freaked the fuck out.
Now, I live on the west coast, and everyone eats curries - Indian, Thai, UK style, Japanese, Indo, etc. No one thinks anything about it at all. The only time I can tell how strong a curry smells is when I make one at home, and then leave the house for awhile, and come back in and can still smell it.
At work, a lot of people eat curry, especially since there's 2 really good Indian restaurants and 1 really good Thai restaurant within walking distance. But we all eat in the break room, so that contains the smells, I guess?

Nobody cares what you faggots do with food, or what you think of food. Why don't you go drink a latte at Starbucks in support of giving jobs to refugees who's one religion fucked up their own country to the point they couldn't live there anymore instead of giving jobs to unemployed Americans or veterans.

Curry is awesome, fuck people who don't like curry.

You shouldn't have to change your eating habits because the pleb/man-children in your office don't like the smell of anything that isn't fried carbohydrates.

Fuck them and eat what you want unless it's fermented fish/rotten food or something else incredibly pungent.

>refugees who's one religion fucked up their own country to the point they couldn't live there

US destabilizes the mideast to the point of ruin and blames them. Mammon bless the US!

>Filipinos
>being able to cook anything at all

holy kek

It's like the Britbongs fucking up India with their Jew business practices for decades and then complaining when some pajeets and pakis want in their country.