Create perfect simulation of the human brain on a silicon chip

>Create perfect simulation of the human brain on a silicon chip
>its not conscious

what do you do Veeky Forums?

You have to accept Jesus into your heart user.

i think it would be conscious actually but i think you would have to simulate the outside world and the brains body in a similar way.

Throw it away and try to build one that is conscious. Maybe the sensory input was off.

meant to reply to OP

>perfect simulation of the human brain on a silicon chip

problem is if i ask you what consciousness is, you wont even be able to define

consciousness is just sense of self. if the chip has got a perfect simulation its going to have consciousness

Then we hurry to praise god as soon as we can

Actually, consciousness is a sense of the opposite of self, that is, anything other then yourself. It's awareness of external objects.

well surely its just easier to describe it as sense of self or processing at level of self since those already entail the distinction of self boundaries and the differentiation of self vs. non-self. the way you describe it is very awkward phrasing for something which is essentially the same thing.

Actually neither of you two know what consciousness is or have a real working and testable definition, or you'd have a Nobel.

I'm going to take this to abstraction. By your definition, rabbits are conscious because they recognize eachother and run away from negative stimuli such as an aproaching wolf. Many bacteria that are motile know to avoid saline and head towards food. To build a conscious object, do you have to start from conscious substrata?

I probably forgot a semicolon somewhere. Oh well I guess someone else gets to be the father of the robot uprising.

nothing I'm already a Catholic

im sure rabbits are conscious. The ability to react to stimuli doesn't entail sense of self though e.g. venus flytrap. You don't need conscious substrata.

We're a really really long way off from that ever happening.

We'll burn this bridge when we come to it, I guess.

Actually humans are like rabbits only sustained by larger amount of nevative or positive stimuli. Wich autoamticly led to brain mass expansion. Thus intelligence and "somewhat" abstract thinking.

Every venus flytrap I've ever taken care of got depressed and died. I say that they were very conscious of their environment.

> only sustained by larger amount of nevative or positive stimuli. Wich autoamticly led to brain mass expansion.

for some peculiar reason i suspect that this is wrong.

how can it be a perfect simulation when its not actually a perfect simulation you dense motherfucker

The only perfect simulation of the human brain on silicon is dumping a handfull of sand on a hill of ants and trying to teach the resultant life form how to sing opera.

Just one more thing,
humans have a sence of creator or fate a higher power that could be in control. This is probably what animals living in herds experience. The Parent and child conciousness. This might be the base of the matter. Without parent theres is no child.

i think that you are kind of using conscious in a different sense. I'm sure all plants can react to things in their environment to some extent but that doesn't mean they have a sense of self necessarily. Maybe i guess if you really wanted to... you could say technically its all on some kind of continuum but i really doubt a plant is complicated enough or have sensory perception comprehensive enough to have a coherent sense of self.

havent you noticed that human life is more complicated with every day on this planet?
This situation needs intelligence to expand gradually.

im just sayign i think your statement is incorrect. sustained by larger amounts of reward? led to brain expansion?

MODS

Would the machine be able of logical thinking without being taught a language?

if the life was easier every day we would become dumb, sophistication of reward and punishment might be the stimuli for brain expansion, doesnt it?

Rule #3

Mods
MODS mods M0DS
>MoDS modS M°DS MODERATORS

I was actually trying to stress that consciousness is not a measurable trait. Then I started trolling, sorries.
Some scientists once tried to argue that parrots weren't conscious because they didn't realize that the other bird in their cage was actually themselves in a mirror.
A computer is able to comunicate with another computer with entirly different cpu/io languages thanks to abstraction. I personally hope that our internet is the beginning of a self-conscious entity thet we are all helping to teach to learn

why does that matter? i think he can't answer that because we don't know that about our own brains yet (i think, depending on how you define logical thinknig). but yeah, anyones knowledge of this simulation is limited by what we know now about the human brain.