"That'll be $9, sir."

>"That'll be $9, sir."

Why do normies like this overpriced shit

I wouldn't eat it or anything else from a restaurant, but it looks a helluva lot better than any fastfood I've ever seen posted here.

Why the fuck would you order a grilled cheese at any restaurant?: is the real question.

Panera has much better offerings, and if you know how to order its not too expensive.

It's Panera Bread. It's yet another "European cafe" inspired shitfest like Starbuck's. They serve mediocre food at gouging prices. My girlfriend and I went there the other day, got a soup and two sandwiches. Paid $25. And the employees are usually braindead and fuck it up anyways

I didn't, I just pulled the first picture I could find of a Panera Bread sandwich off Google.
>and if you know how to order it's not too expensive
Top kek, what is it a car dealership? I have to haggle with the college student working minimum wage? Panera Bread is hilariously overpriced and the food is pretty shit tier and bland. Not bad, it's just regular snack food and something you could whip up at home for like $1.

>got a soup and two sandwiches. Paid $25.
Holy shit. I've only eaten at Panera once and it was terrible. I had no idea people dropped $25 there at a shot. You realize that if you live anywhere a proper bistro you could have had a really nice lunch together for maybe $5 more?

>people actually order grilled cheese when they go out

Do they order cereal too?

That one's not even cooked properly.

I get Tom & Chee sometimes but only because they put macaroni & cheese on the sandwich and the soup is pretty good.

>And the employees are usually braindead and fuck it up anyways

This. I went to a Panera Bread last month, since it was the closest restaurant to our hotel and I just wanted something decent for breakfast. The employees fucked up my coffee repeatedly, serving me black twice when I asked for a caramel latte thing and it took 20 minutes just for a bagel.

>I asked for a caramel latte thing
Sounds like you deserve what you get.

Never happened. Their drip coffee is self serve.

Do they order cereal too?

lol ya

google it

Panera is overpriced but their broccoli cheddar soup is elder god tier

Because no one can even boil water anymore, let alone assemble a sandwich then fry it.

Yes, I realize that. The gf just really wanted Panera. Don't know why.
Not always

Their broc soup is garbage and so is your taste in food. ffs its frozen and reheated in hot water.

No, not a dealership ding-dong.

Their sandwiches are all great and providing the line workerd aren't too retardrd you can customize all kinds of stuff. If you order the crusty soup or microwaved pasta that's where you toss your money away. Salads and sandwiches are all made with [mostly] fresh ingredients and bread made daily.

Do you seriously think I meant haggling with an hourly employee?

Cause bitches love panera.

Probably because you're dating a suburban girl who identifies as upper middle class. She probably has fantasies of a wedding registry that has everything for the kitchen coming form Williams-Sonoma even though she has no intention of ever cooking anything. And though she doesn't realize it yet she plans on getting fat as soon as you're married, mostly from drinking wine while eating too much bread and cheese. And she will feel entitled to that. Also she'll try to quit working when the first kid is born and hopes you're gonna buy her a luxury SUV, hopefully a Porsche Cayenne, but she realizes that might be beyond your means. She will feed your kid(s) organic chicken nuggets from Whole Foods.

I'm making $100,000 a year right now and that's entry level pay. And I would hope my wife would stop working when our kid is born so she can take care of it at home. If you let a babysitter raise your kid instead of its actual parents you're a fucking worthless pile of shit

Don't forget divorcing him, then taking all he's worked for for the rest of his life

Wow you two sound like some really bitter virgins

t. Sam Hyde

If your starting salary is $100k/year you can do better than the kind of trashy girl who eats at Panera Bread. Set your standards a little higher, man.

Lmao you sound edgy as fuck man. She isn't trashy. Eating at a Panera Bread every now and then doesn't make someone a worthless whore. Get your shit together

because idiots will pay it

>Eating at a Panera Bread every now and then doesn't make someone a worthless whore.
Absolutely not, but it shows she doesn't know any better than eating at Panera.

Spoken like a true cuckold. Enjoy your kids not being yours and paying for chad's child. I really hope you're smart and at least get a prenuptial agreement and get the baby's DNA tested. She is a whore.

It's not that she doesn't know any better she just likes this one sandwich from there. We go to actual nice places all the time.
Top kek, why are you so angry? Go REEEEEE on /r9k/ faggot

holy shit this is a thread about grilled cheese why are is everyone talking about how much they hate women

>he doesn't smack his gf in the face with the pan he just used to grill grilled cheese

>why are is everyone talking about how much they hate women
I love women. I just hate anyone with shit taste when they have the opportunity to do better..

>tfw he dated a tranny before he got famous

welcome to Veeky Forums. You'll be here longer than you'd like.

My uncle has upwards of $7 million saved with a $2 million house and a steady 100k+ job (with bonuses and consulting fees) and he orders out from Panera every single weekend for lunch because he genuinely enjoys the food.
>you're lying or your uncle's an idiot who doesn't know good food
Neither is true. You've just decided that something silly and arbitrary is a significant social marker based off of your own weirdly bitter notions of the place and insulted someone's girlfriend for it because you're a boring tool.

I've always found this to be interesting:

>Oh you're rich? So you eat caviar and fillet all the time?
>No
>Why not?

Being wealthy doesn't mean you're trapped in some hell where you're not allowed variety in your life because it could be considered "poor". A man that can eat what he wants when he wants is richer than a man trapped in the stereotypes of their socioeconomic position.

>everyone's dad/uncle on Veeky Forums is millionaire
>everyone on Veeky Forums makes 6 figure salary even though they're entry level and fresh from college
>yet they cry when Taco Bell increase its prices, like they are gonna starve

You guys are the ones who unironically post about mcchicken sandwiches

I ate there like 5 years ago. Ordered a BLT and got no bacon.

I mean, my uncle is genuinely a millionaire, but I'm not. I get a sandwich and a soup if I'm visiting on weekends and he takes me out to nice places every once in a while because he enjoys treating family to nice things, but on a day-to-day basis I'm still going to go for value. I don't shitpost or notice things like price hikes on fast food but I'll join a discussion on a burger joint if I like the place.

Being wealthy doesn't mean you have good taste. I know plenty of folks in the 1% who eat frozen pizza and McDonald's. The point is being wealthy gives you opportunities to cultivate good taste that are not available to those who are not wealthy. No one says you have to take advantage of that opportunity. You can choose to collect cars or travel instead. But from a food perspective Panera Bread is playing off more of an aspirant thing. They work to position their brand as an upscale choice when at the end of the day they're still a strip/shopping mall chain. The class distinction they play on is that they're too expensive for poor people to patronize, so someone can pay a premium to eat there and they will have the reassurance that they won't have to rub elbows with the poor and the working class. Fair enough if that shit matters to you. But that doesn't change the fact that just like Starbucks their food is still trash. It's laughably bad. The same way the food at a Cipriani restaurant or the 21 Club is laughably mediocre, but they target the ultra rich who are more concerned with dining among their own kind than what they're actually eating.

My point is some restaurants are built around class affirmation much more than the food they serve. Panera happens to be such a place. And that's fine if it's your thing. But for someone who is into food Panera doesn't cut it. What they serve looks like good food, but doesn't taste like it. They're a perfect bit of ammunition for the "nice things are a scam" fallacy. Because they're all about having the appearance of good taste over good taste itself. Anyone into food can do MUCH better for just a few dollars more at a proper bistro, cafe or trattoria. Panera exists for people who don't give a fuck about the food, they just don't want to be seen eating fast food (in the company of poor people). And that's fine. But enthusing about the food there is a pretty good sign you don't know dick about food.

tl;dr

Bill Gates literally, unironically eats McD's nearly every day. The world's richest fucking man.

Yeah, only realized that after I hit post.

>My point is some restaurants are built around class affirmation much more than the food they serve.

Shortened that entire thing for you. I get it. Good point though.

Because this place is shit and exists to start shit threads about "y do ppl do thing i don't like for fast food?!"

Just like this one! It's fucking clockwork.

Spotted the woman.

I worked at a panera as a teen and this is unbearably true.

The people that go there are still the same shitty garbage people that eat fast food regularly they just have a chip on their shoulder because mom/dad have a lot of money.

People go to Panera for "muh atmosphere" and the free wifi. The food is alright, I happen to like their french onion.

I can't justify going there regularly, especially when pic related is walking distance from my house.
>Cuban bakery/sandwich shop in the Los Angeles area

Yea great discussion you've cultivated here, dipshit. Why don't you go on and impress me with your disdain for chipotle.

Everybody fucking knows panera is over priced garbage for valley girls. Is that really all you have to post?

There are always people willing to pay for class affirmation, and they rarely end up eating well. Think of the shit they serve in country club dining rooms. Panera is just the lower rent version of that.
>impress me with your disdain for chipotle.
To be fair Chipotle is pretty much ion the same category.

Tl;dr:
>your uncle's an idiot who doesn't know good food, and Panera plays to class
He's not. It does, but the food isn't actually absolute garbage like you're making it out. They make sandwiches and he likes the sandwiches. If he couldn't afford to eat there regularly he probably wouldn't, but he has and exercises other "better" options and still keeps it as a standby. It's honestly not that deep.

My point is that making fun of people for eating there because you see it as a class indicator and assume there's no other reason besides objectively poor taste that someone might eat there still makes you a presumptive tool. Someone's girlfriend isn't "trashy" for eating there, you're just obsessive.

>It's honestly not that deep.
I won't argue with that in your uncle's case. Plenty of folks just choose from whatever is available without giving it much thought. My point is that someone who was actually into food - someone who puts thought into their dining out choices - wouldn't choose Panera because it isn't that hard to do better for almost the same dollars. The place doesn't stay in business on the quality of its food. It stays in business by being the right place to go for people of a specific social class. My point was that if you're really wealthy and eating there you're missing an opportunity to do better - you're settling for less in the way of quality than what's available to you.

>Portos

I always get the cheese bread when I'm visiting.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Went to America for the first time and this place happened to be down the road from where I was staying. Ordered a grilled cheese and it was fucking tiny (which says a lot since I'm yuropoor). Never again.

>2017
>not knowing the glories of McAlister's

Plebs

t. buttflustered whore
The virgin insult always exposes you vapid cunts.

this post nails it...if a bit longwinded

"For me, it's the McChicken." -Bill Gates

If you are stupid to go to fast food chains to spend $25, you deserve it. $25 could have gotten you a really nice lunch at a great cafe here and it wouldn't have been fucking shit.

>$100k+
what do you do?

What does he do?

You've described my mom, except she somehow never got fat. I think it's because she lacks the drive to actually make sandwiches that are more complex than some form of heated toast and cheese more than once a day, and as such survives on a calorie deficit. Honestly, she's probably malnourished or something, but w/e. Not my fucking problem, that's my dad's shitshow.

So... this is the post of a true cuck... woah...

>Cuban bakery/sandwich shop in the Los Angeles area

Enjoy your two hour wait in line...

>$100k+
>what do you do?

sucks cock