It freaks me out that one of the best pieces of literature was basically written by an anonymous person

it freaks me out that one of the best pieces of literature was basically written by an anonymous person

it freaks me out that this book can advocate handing your children over to a rape mob in order to stop the mob from tearing your house down, and it hasn't been banned.

also ezekiel 23:20 heh heh

It was written by King James through divine inspiration, hence the name, ignorant heathen.

I hope you realise how unreasonably sceptical that statement is. You really have no reason to doubt the commonly accepted authorship of the Bible, unless you're applying the same doubt to every other work of antiquity. The New Testament is literally the most reliable ancient text that we have. We have over 20,000 manuscripts of the New Testament prior to the invention of the printing press. Other ancient texts pale in comparison.
Also "anonymous person" doesn't make any sense because there were dozens of authors over hundreds of years. It's not a single book.

>Also "anonymous person" doesn't make any sense because there were dozens of authors over hundreds of years. It's not a single book.
This. "an" anonymous person? Maybe we don't know who wrote the pentateuch and some other Old Testament works exactly, but, as this guy says, other parts are pretty well-documented.

And, hey, maybe if we don't know much about Isaiah and Jeremiah and other people whose names grace important books of the Bible ... at least we can conclude their names, where they lived and in what time period they lived from what they wrote?

Which timezone?

m'lady

moses wrote the first five books of moses

>think bible was written by one person

this was never advocated

That's the tradition. By the way, do you also believe that if you see a penny on the sidewalk facing heads and pick it up, it's good luck?

>40 authors of 66 books written across 2,000 years
>an anonymous person
most of the books are named after the writers, the only way you could make an assumption this under informed is if you've never actually read it.

you don't know any of that you assume it to be true

I literally went to a museum of biblical artifacts a couple months ago where they show hundreds of original manuscripts(the books of the Bible has more manuscripts than any other ancient works) and, more importantly, some of the original Jewish scrolls, many if which are still used today. Christianity branched off of the single most well-documented ancient civilization. If you think the old testament is shaky, take it up with the Jews, they have their shit together.

it was written from the right hand of god by moses bitch

Would you say that about less reliable ancient literature like Plato or Homer?

>an anonymous person
I know Goodreads still has the author as such, but his identity has been determined to be Deus Absconditus

Triggered. There's no white people in this book.

Well the NT is mostly non-user

Having an active literary tradition is the only thing you could do to guarantee your civilization would have a continuing influence on future events. Putting the city states of Greece and Israel at the time of the New Testament in context shows how inconsequential they where but because of their excessive documentation, they survive and Assyrians don't.

Greeks are white

Job was a Godly man; he knew the will of God, this is clear by the text; or do Angels just visit any old shmuck?

are Lot, Psalms and Song of Songs the best of the Old Testament in terms of literary quality?

Ehhhhh

Ecclesiastes and Genesis too imo.

Never read it all but I have read that bit where the father other himself up to guys that are trying to rape his daughter. I think he got raped instead. I can't remember. The bible is like the original Silmarillion.

Reminder that only the KJV has literary merit. Other versions are literally trash.