I don't like this guy. He seems smug as hell. I think it is also a class thing. He was worth over $1 billion dollars...

I don't like this guy. He seems smug as hell. I think it is also a class thing. He was worth over $1 billion dollars, like 20-30 years ago. You know what that means? We are all being lectured by a .0001 %. and what the fuck do they have to tell us? What do they know about our lives? Those who actually work? I ain't saying he doesn't have talent, but that after a point of success, authors lose all their credibility since their life is just a blob of rich people thoughts.

I honestly have no idea how to reply.

he looks like a 50 year old markiplier

He used to be a crusty poorfag who'd write short stories for gas or rent money before Carrie got published. I do agree that taking writing advice from him is a one-way ticket to plebtown though.

what's his best book? I want to at least read him so I can fairly say he's shit, or alternatively, that he's not shit

Carrie. He literally peaked with his first one.

Do what he does then, go on I'll wait.

What he does now is essentially masturbation. No one thinks any of his books for the past decade or so have been good and it's not like he's hurting for money but he just keeps cranking them out anyway and his name is big enough to guarantee sales.

His books are awful if you try to read it as a book. But if you read it as some kind of a movie plot, it suddenly becomes a masterpiece. That's why King's movie adaptations are better than his books.

hes the shakespeare of our times, a true renaissance man

What's he supposed to do, give it all away and go poorfag all over again because street cred? Ya can't win.

OP is a commiefag

wtf I hate stephen king now

I'd say: he's the Shakespeare we deserve.

So, you don't like rich or successful authors or artists because they're too rich and successful. Are you a hipster?

>WE

Yes, I believe artists salary should at max be about $30,000 a year, the way grade school teachers salaries are. Once it is corrupted into a profit making thing, it loses all its credibility to speak to the human experience.

>salary
He doesn't have a salary you utter fucking mong.

if you think "the human experience" should be limited to wage slavery you are fucking pathetic

t. university student who doesn't know what money is

Yet another burger thinks class has to do with income. What utter rot.

So you think Stephen King is not the upper upper class? He goes to the bohemian grove, white house mingles with illuminati / masons. He is in the upper upper society, same as Kubrick and anyone who crosses over a certain level fo success

i'm a software developer in the land of poorfags where everything is relatively cheap, but you can keep projecting

He's a hack writer.

>That's why King's movie adaptations are better than his books.
Jesus fuck this board says the dumbest shit sometimes.

>What do they know about our lives? Those who actually work?

Read the first part of "On Writing" that is his autobiography. He came from the poorest of poor and has worked harder in his life than you ever will. He worked the shittiest jobs supporting his wife and two kids and still managed to write like five hours a day.

I think it's you that doesn't know shit about "us."

Carrie and Shawshank Redemption are both book adaptations, I don't see what's wrong with that post.

Everything is a "profit-making thing" under capitalism you retard.

New money has no class

the stand my senpai.
but mostly his short stories are way better then the books .
i also liked wizard and glass but damn its impossible to fuck a book series more then he did .
>LMOA ME WRITING THIS BOOK IS A CHARACTER IN THIS BOOK SO META

This was said about nearly everyone you'd think of as old money now. Aristocracy is dead and oligarchy is a shitshow.

Seriously, thank you for making me laugh out loud.

While I understand what you're saying, you can't seriously begrudge a person the fruits of his (in this case, extremely popular) labor.

I mean, what? You want to run an author mill of Irish alcoholics who are forced to drink coffee and look at cliffs or pictures of WWI all day?

Rich people speak to the "human experience" just fine, they just speak from a different perspective than some. There's nothing better or worse about an author because of their income, just different.

I have a vague memory that in It, the kids were forced to fuck the token girl to work some abstract magic to beat the monster.

Literally some kind of internet autist fetish fantasy novel.

t. silly bitter retard

Is there really a kiddie gangbang in It? That just seems strange for an author like him.

new money and tech are the two great evils of this world

The Sewers (IT Novel only)

When the Losers' travel into the sewer with the intent of destroying It, they momentarily find themselves hopelessly trapped. As the boys start to panic, Beverly comes up with the idea of having sex with the others in order to calm them down, as a result the other Losers take turns having sex with her. Because King didn't wish this to be viewed as a lewd scene, the narrative explicitly states that the act of intimacy with each of the boys' helps to further strengthen their friendship; and Beverly only experiences orgasm while having intercourse with Bill Denbrough and Ben Hanscom.

This is one of those things where trying to rationalize it makes it come off even worse.

>bohemian grove
Nice meme.

>the Shakespeare we deserve.
Say it ain't so...

>WUZ

Salem's Lot is my favourite novel of his. His first 3 or 4 short story collections are also very good.

Haven't read that many of his books but the one I liked the most was "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon".

Dark Tower was a great series but just stop at the end of Wizard and Glass. Just pretend they all died and the story ended there.

Actually I would wager Stephen King could teach you how to write better than most purple-prose formalists. He knows how to make his writing succinct and efficient, which is an incredibly difficult skill to learn

Can't really say I care about the guy, some of his books are just fun reads. Look to the word, not the writer, look to the art, not the artist, look to the weld, not the welder, all that shit. Just getting into the Dark Tower series, it's not something I expected from him.

He writes shit that plebs love. I'd rather die in the gutter unpublished than be a no-talent hack.

Who the fuck is that?

Pretty sure the Bohemian Grove, Freemasons and Illuminati are pretty much just congregations of old men getting fucked up and roleplaying together. That's all my local lodge does, at least. We have a tendency to read too much into things.

Freemasons are just weird men craving fraternity nowadays, but Bohemian grove definitely has some big business cronyism shit going down.