When you write definite integrals do you write the lower number to the left or right of the integral sign...

When you write definite integrals do you write the lower number to the left or right of the integral sign? I'm freaking out right now.

The right.

above and under

You can do either,but switching the order of the limits changes the sign of the integral

holy shit OP did the same thing happen to you that happened to me today? I've only ever remembered it on the left and all of a sudden at like 2:00 I started seeing them on the right and I got spooked. eastern time zone btw

That's exactly what happened to me. 1:00 CST.
I've seen that but I've seen it before and after.

It's always been like that, it doesn't really matter just fucking solve it

Welcome to a new timeline guys enjoy your stay lol

I've always either seen it to the right or above/under. But really it doesn't matter, as long as you know what's going on. People make up their own notations all the time, it's just important that you convey what those notations mean.

I liked the old timeline tho

hello left-integral timeline friends!

I happen to be from the berenstein bears timeline, so I'm a timeline jumper as well, I hope we can get along!

[math]\int_{\mathcal{X}}d\mu[/math]

Never this this notation.
Usually it's:
[math]\int\mbox{d}\mu[X][/math].

>not using the set notation:

[eqn] \int_S f \ \mathrm{d} \mu [/eqn]

It's been on the right.
You guys don't have to go to but you can't stay here.

Holy shit you're right!
It's always been on the left!

This must be some bug in the matrix we are living, something the robots missed.

>not writing both limits of integration to the left of the integral

baka fucken brainlets

I just looked it up, and why the hell are integrals now written as an "S"? I remember it being an "I", as in 'Integration'. S makes no fucking sense.

pic related

for Sum, as in an infinite number of rectangles under the curve within the boundary being added to find the area

the only infinite amount of rectangles are you

fucking square

It's always been a 'long S'. The fact that you think it's been an 'I' just means you weren't paying attention.

I only learned calculus in this timeline, so it's always been to the right. I've only been in one previous timeline before this one. I crossed over around age 12.

Welcome.

What effects did you notice when you got switched over?

I've always written the numbers on the right side, and for me it has always had an S shape.

Elaborate on your experience?

Are you people retarded?
It's always been on the right you fucking faggots.

god I hate this fucking Berenstain meme.
It's like saying "you are now aware of the fact that you have to consciously breathe"
It feels a little weird suddenly because you dont focus on such a little thing that much normally.

>Are you people retarded?
This thread is now /x/.
Enjoy.

??

I dont know what exactly you mean, I got back from a local ice rugby match, came to shitpost on Veeky Forums, then saw, wondered what kind of new math it would be, then found out its just plain integration with shitty notation.

At least Hillary won.

??

>what is human media fishing fucking I'm tired

Shitty timeline you live in pal.

>Living in the non meme timeline

If I lack horizontal space, above and below. If I lack vertical space, right side usually.

anybody who's ever used latex knows its to the right by default. you have to be annoying to get it on top and bottom like it's supposed to be