Why do are the denizens of this board seemingly so infatuated with Western philosophy?

Why do are the denizens of this board seemingly so infatuated with Western philosophy?

what is pic related?? is that a house lifted up by a tornado?

Because western literature tends to draw on themes from western philosophy, and people on this board read western literature, well at least some actually do.

As opposed to what, Eastern philosophy?

>DUDE WHAT IF WE'RE DREAMING LMAO

It's a fucking

Anyone that claims in anyway to find anything valuable in "Eastern" "philosophy" is either a braindead New Ager or a reactionary shithead

Why?

Because Eastern thougth was never invaded by a consciousness of history as a dimension of realization e.g. men are defined by some static supra-temporal ideal instead of historical trajectory.

isnt eastern thought entirely based off of ancestry and therefore history? Or are we talking about different types of histories

I loved the Upanishads and I swear my last name is not Schopenhauer

This perspective is only valuable if you view history as a definitive thing rather than part of a process we have fallen into and will shortly transcend.

Also, I hate Zizek but yes, space is stupid.

That type of genealogy doesn't encapsulate any type of real fundamental qualitative historical change

Then you're either a reactionary dupe or some dopey New Ager

HE'S JUST A RASCAL

>I hate zizek.
Fucking pseuds

All he does is masturbate and pour his semen into vaguely coherent ideas. Borderline word salad with the sole purpose of ego projection.

Because it kicks ass and western culture is founded on it, so naturally it would resonate with us.

all philosophy is shit and barely anyone on this board actually knows "western philosophy"

the "philosophy" discussed here is closer to stoner revelations than any real academic philosophy.

Is it Salinger?

No, he really doesn't. Slow down and read him right. He's not the most transparent writer, but that comes with his subject matter. His social commentaries are excellent reads. I know he's a meme here, but he seems sometimes to be one of the only sane writers getting published right now.

It's 'SCP-121'. SCP means Secure, Contain, Protect and refers to a spooky collaborative world-building meme where people write about supernatural stuff and catalogue it in the SCP database where others can expand on it

It's not that that that didn't happen, it's that to begin with realization isn't a thing.

Eastern philosophy is garbage. It doesn't question much at all

Do everyone a favor and go drink some hemlock, yeah?