She broke one of the biggest rules in all of writing: never use adverbs

She broke one of the biggest rules in all of writing: never use adverbs.
How did she get away with such amateur mistakes?

cause she's a shit writer that's why

>How did she get away with such amateur mistakes?

easily and profitably

>rules of writin

Shes a hack but youre a tool.

>one of the biggest rules in all of writing: never use adverbs.
Nah

go stretch your legs hothead

And your example of a famous author who never used adverbs is...? And before you say Hemingway:
"Romero’s bull-fighting gave real emotion, because he kept the absolute purity of line in his movements and always quietly and calmly let the horns pass him close each time."

stretch your legs stretch your legs stretch your legs

Stretched legs

Never is an adverb chump.

a bunch of 14 year olds fell for it, so what?

Fuck Hemmingway.

The guys who wrote her books did it intentionally, to support the narrative that she wrote her books.

There's nothing wrong with adverbs. They're better than the pages and pages of boring description you see in highbrow meme books.

What is there an actual conspiracy that a man wrote her books for her? Is there any evidence for this?

Some guy on Veeky Forums said it so it must be true

People choose to write children's books.
Why?

The lack of evidence proves there's a conspiracy

They're kids' books; adverbs make them more colorful.

Also that's just sort of how she writes. Big whoop.

Do you know how rich that bitch is?

I work for a publishing house and we are expected to discard submissions if they use a single adverb with a dialogue tag.

No wonder only shit is being published. Virtually no classics would have been published if all publishers had followed this rule.

dumb

eight year olds go fucking mad for adverbs

>Hemmingway
>"good"
lol, the sun also rises is literally Eating at restaurants and drinking: The Book

Youre an idiot

Holy shit Veeky Forums is for retards. I am going back to /b/

Go boldly

Because there's a giant industry around children's reading programs. They're the largest consumer of books.

It's like video games. After 30 you become disenfranchised as fewer developers focus on you.

Try again: you missed the point of my comment to a degree that's quite breathtaking. People often cite Hemingway as the champion of ultimate stripped-down prose and no adverbs. I posted a Hemingway quote with two adverbs to head that off. If you knew what an adverb was, or had ever read Hemingway, or even knew how to spell his name, you might have had a better chance of basic comprehension. How you thought I was claiming anything about him being a good writer is beyond me, as I never used the word "good," despite you putting it in quotation marks. Do you consider "famous" and "good" to be close synonyms? Are you drunk? Were your parents closely related?

>actually thinking community college creative writing classes make the rules

show don't tell, right buddy?

>Were your parents closely related?

damn

Let me break it down for you.
OP: "How did she get away with such ***amateur*** mistakes?"
You: Hemingway used adverbs, too!

Your post implies Hemingway is anything but amateur himself.

You:

is th-this actually a rule?

Slowly is one of the best words and completely redeems adverbs in my eyes.

8/10. basic bait with a good implementation and nice choice of subject matter.

9/10. points for brevity.

10/10 exceedingly perfect in every possible way. a sacred post. looking upon it cleared up my skin, sharpened my prose, fed starving children, enlightened the world. truly the work of a top-level bait layer.